• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Steam

The Chosen One
Years
The Perfect Charizard

Hey everyone, Charizard is my favorite Pokemon so I was hoping to be able to make a "perfect Charizard". Obviously it can't be perfect I just want a really good one. I will EV Train him but first I need opinions on attacks and Nature and what not. I want him to learn Belly Drum from breeding so if we could branch off from there that would be swell. Thanks Guys.

valor555

The Only Light in the Deep Sea
Years
I have put together a fire and water team which consists of infernape typhlosion houndoom lanturn swampert and empoleon i am trying to think of a few alternates and am looking for a good Offensive water type (aside from gyarados) any one have any suggestions? (sorry if this the wrong place)

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2010
my future team

im currently breeding for natures and good IVs, but the is the team im planning on using once done is.

Salemance - Adament
Garchomp - Adament
Froslass - Timid
Wobbuffet - Bold
Gengar - Modest
Snorlax - Careful

im somewhat new to competitive pokemon battleing. Ive been doing some reasearch on what ppl are using and this is what i came up with.
It seems asthough Salemance and Garchomp are some of the top physical sweepers. Gengar is one of the top special sweepers. I chose Froslass since it was an ice/ghost type, the ice is good agains opposing Salemance and Garchomp and its ghost type is good against psychic type. Snorlax seems to have good stats all around, it can wall and attack. And the theres Wobbuffet, apperently the cheapest pokemon that can be used.... go ahead, call me a n00b, because i am. i dont know as much as an experianced battler but i still hate to loose, so im rolling with wobbuffet untill i find something new.

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2012
Moves/EVs/Items would seriously help. Also, unless you plan on battling in Ubers you have to replace Garchomp and Wobuffet. >.>

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2014
How does one ev train? Can someone explain to me in detail what it is and how to do it. Also how does one do the masuda method to get shiny pokemon?

HarrisonH

I doubt Pokemon will be a hit
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 1, 2013
Competitive RBY

This is something different.

I'm wanting to get into competitive RBY battling, but I have no idea where to start with building a team. What pokemon, and what movesets for the pokemon, do you all suggest I use if I want to win competitive battles in RBY?

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
This is something different.

I'm wanting to get into competitive RBY battling, but I have no idea where to start with building a team. What pokemon, and what movesets for the pokemon, do you all suggest I use if I want to win competitive battles in RBY?

Smogon University has an in-depth analysis of RBY competitive, so go ahead and check it out here.

im currently breeding for natures and good IVs, but the is the team im planning on using once done is.

Salemance - Adament
Garchomp - Adament
Froslass - Timid
Wobbuffet - Bold
Gengar - Modest
Snorlax - Careful

im somewhat new to competitive pokemon battleing. Ive been doing some reasearch on what ppl are using and this is what i came up with.
It seems asthough Salemance and Garchomp are some of the top physical sweepers. Gengar is one of the top special sweepers. I chose Froslass since it was an ice/ghost type, the ice is good agains opposing Salemance and Garchomp and its ghost type is good against psychic type. Snorlax seems to have good stats all around, it can wall and attack. And the theres Wobbuffet, apperently the cheapest pokemon that can be used.... go ahead, call me a n00b, because i am. i dont know as much as an experianced battler but i still hate to loose, so im rolling with wobbuffet untill i find something new.

Garchomp and Wobuffett aren't used in standard competitive play since they were both banned to Ubers.

Salamence, Froslass, and Snorlax have pretty decent natures, but Salamence would prefer Naive, and Gengar wants a Timid Nature, since speed matters quite a bit in competitive play.

If you want other things to beat dragon-types with, Mamoswine works quite well thanks to Ice Shard and base 130 Attack. Steel-types can also take dragon attacks well, but need to watch out for stuff like Earthquake and Fire Blast. Mamoswine can go Adamant, Jolly, or even run a mixed set with a Lonely nature.

Psychic types in standard play are also generally frail, so Scizor's strength from a Choice Band Technician Bullet Punch can come in handy. Scizor prefers an Adamant Nature at all times.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 5, 2022
Can anyone suggest some niche OU/UU pokemon movesets? By niche, I mean something similar to Breloom's Spore Puncher set (unique moves/alternative play-style).

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Hey everyone, Charizard is my favorite Pokemon so I was hoping to be able to make a "perfect Charizard". Obviously it can't be perfect I just want a really good one. I will EV Train him but first I need opinions on attacks and Nature and what not. I want him to learn Belly Drum from breeding so if we could branch off from there that would be swell. Thanks Guys.

Unfortunately, Charizard is hard to battle with due to its weakness to Stealth Rock. BellZard is even worse. Anyway, here is the Smogon analysis to it: http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/charizard

Also, what is a good RSE UU lead and a sweeper that works well with it? I'm trying to get into 3rd Gen UU.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
What are some good adv lures for Snorlax? He currently poops on my team. I'll tell you what my team is so it is easier to tell me what to get rid of:

Tauntrados - Not really sure, I needed a 6th pokemon and I figured a +1 HP Flying can kill Celebi if Duggy is gone.
Suicune - CM/Ice Beam/Surf/HP Electric
Celebi - This pokemon is godly. Running the Leech Seed/Heal Bell/HP Grass/Recover. Not going to replace it, its so good.
Dugtrio - CB Set. Primary Celebi killer and great revenge killer
Breloom - Sub/Spore/Seed/Punch is the set, its good, but I feel like its not doing much other than dying to the same stuff celebi does.
Blissey - Back up cleric/special sponge. Aroma/SToss/Ice Beam/Softboiled. good special wall.

I need something to reliably counter or lure in Snorlax. Im thinking I should drop Gyara for something like Mence, but idk. HALP.

Remember this is for Advance.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
What are some good adv lures for Snorlax? He currently poops on my team. I'll tell you what my team is so it is easier to tell me what to get rid of:

Tauntrados - Not really sure, I needed a 6th pokemon and I figured a +1 HP Flying can kill Celebi if Duggy is gone.
Suicune - CM/Ice Beam/Surf/HP Electric
Celebi - This pokemon is godly. Running the Leech Seed/Heal Bell/HP Grass/Recover. Not going to replace it, its so good.
Dugtrio - CB Set. Primary Celebi killer and great revenge killer
Breloom - Sub/Spore/Seed/Punch is the set, its good, but I feel like its not doing much other than dying to the same stuff celebi does.
Blissey - Back up cleric/special sponge. Aroma/SToss/Ice Beam/Softboiled. good special wall.

I need something to reliably counter or lure in Snorlax. Im thinking I should drop Gyara for something like Mence, but idk. HALP.

Remember this is for Advance.

Mence might be good just steer clear of MixMence, who can't even KO Blissey with Brick Break. Run DD Mence w/Brick Break.

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2010
Garchomp advice

Hi guys! I'm new to PokeCommunity, as this is my first post. I don't know if this is the right section to post in, so forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong area. But I would like to have my garchomp rated, please? I intend on joining the competitive battling scene once I have finished an entire team. I'd like to construct a team focused on sweeping to start out. I know I'll probably get my butt handed to me in my first battle, but I have to start somewhere, right?

Garchomp @ Life Orb
252 Att / 252 Spe / 6 Def
Adamant [+Att, -SpA]
Outrage
Swords dance
Earthquake
Stone edge

His IVs are:

31 HP
31 Att
15 Def
28 SpA
29 SpD
31 Spe

I find that a lot of the content in the PokeCommunity forums as well as smogon forums confuses me; it's really discouaraging and makes me feel inadequate to join the metagame. I'll keep on reading and see if I get it.

Thank you for any and all insightful posts, or any posts at all. :)

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
Hi guys! I'm new to PokeCommunity, as this is my first post. I don't know if this is the right section to post in, so forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong area. But I would like to have my garchomp rated, please? I intend on joining the competitive battling scene once I have finished an entire team. I'd like to construct a team focused on sweeping to start out. I know I'll probably get my butt handed to me in my first battle, but I have to start somewhere, right?

Garchomp @ Life Orb
252 Att / 252 Spe / 6 Def
Adamant [+Att, -SpA]
Outrage
Swords dance
Earthquake
Stone edge

His IVs are:

31 HP
31 Att
15 Def
28 SpA
29 SpD
31 Spe

I find that a lot of the content in the PokeCommunity forums as well as smogon forums confuses me; it's really discouaraging and makes me feel inadequate to join the metagame. I'll keep on reading and see if I get it.

Thank you for any and all insightful posts, or any posts at all. :)

Garchomp likes to run Yache or Haban Berry on this set, it looks fine otherwise. Keeping in mind that Garchomp is Uber, it does prefer a Jolly Nature however. Stone Edge is fine as it is, but Fire Fang is also a good option for taking out Steels. Keep in mind though that without Stone Edge, you do lose to Lugia.

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2010
Thank you, Skip Shot! I'll keep the berries in mind. I read that jolly is the preferred nature for garchomp, and I was disheartened. I can redo the breeding process and get a garchomp like this, but jolly. I know I'm outsped by a few other pokemon. Thanks again for your advice, Skip Shot.​

Chains

Psychic Trainer
Years
Thank you, Skip Shot! I'll keep the berries in mind. I read that jolly is the preferred nature for garchomp, and I was disheartened. I can redo the breeding process and get a garchomp like this, but jolly. I know I'm outsped by a few other pokemon. Thanks again for your advice, Skip Shot.​

Yeah as Skip Shot said I would really reccomend you to rebreed your Garchomp for a Jolly Nature, as it allows Garchomp to outspeed quite a few threats, like Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Palkia, Manaphy, Mew, Dialga, Ho-Oh, and Giratina. Some of which with Adamant nature he speed ties with. Also Skip Shot I really dont see the point in using Fire Fang at all when it has STAB Earthquake to hit steel types with...
I have a Jolly 31/30/31/X/31/31 Garchomp I RNG Abused myself Vakana, if you dont feel like rebreeding one yourself feel free to PM me and if you can clone ill send you a copy.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Also Skip Shot I really dont see the point in using Fire Fang at all when it has STAB Earthquake to hit steel types with...

Its for SKarm and Bronzong mainly. Stone Edge is better in ubers though to hit Lugia but Crunch can be used if you're using Outrage to hit Giratina (without locking yourself into Outrage) whilst still maintaining coverage vs Lugia.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Stone Edge also hits Ho-Oh for 4x Damage who can be threatening with SubRoost and a 50% burn rate from Sacred Fire. x__x As well as it can hit Rayquazza without having to Outrage.

Back