• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Well, just tried my first post as N in the IC thread. I hope it's not too bad ^^;

Also lol I come back and here's all this talk about some the older OC characters from before I even joined. I'm pretty much the only RPer here now that doesn't have an OC for here ^^; let alone a student.

I at least hope a few people will find N's classes and teaching methods to be a bit interesting or fun.

I should start preparing classes and lectures and lessons and such lol. I hope you guys will enjoy N as a teacher. . . or your characters lol

Last edited:

Darkgoalie

Psychic Professor
Years
More questions, i'm sorry but if there is something i don't know i must ask, do the students have some sort of ID? Such as a uniform and/or card?

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
I have no idea what to post... theres such an intense battle going on I feel out of place :3

Edit: N? As a teacher? Hell yes! Both a very strong agreements and disagreements of his opinions on Xaviers part, should be interesting.

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Darkgoalie: Students have a dorm jacket in the color of their dorm. They may also have a student ID card. (Latter is optional)

@Aura Fire: Perhaps have your character interact with others. Consider having a battle of your own with someone. You can also invent an NPC student to battle with as I did with MacKenzie.

I... also think you might have typo'd that comment about N's opinions beyond comprehension. |D No offense

Last edited:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
@Darkgoalie: Students have a dorm jacket in the color of their dorm. They may also have a student ID card. (Latter is optional)

@Aura Fire: Perhaps have your character interact with others. Consider having a battle of your own with someone. You can also invent an NPC student to battle with as I did with MacKenzie.

I... also think you might have typo'd that comment about N's opinions beyond comprehension. ¦D

Haha, typo'd the username :3

But anyways, I'M NOT DEAD PEOPLE I'M TRYING TO MAKE A JP WITH GENEVIEVE I'M TRYING MY BEST :D

Dawn

Years
...¬_¬

Anyway. As the person who sorta has to check who is inactive or not, I feel obligated to mention that a joint post, like a regular post, does not constitute activity until it is posted. I have to treat it that way because I cannot be expected to monitor joint posts. I do appreciate you letting us know though. |D Never fear though, as you would get a VM from me asking if everything was alright if I was seriously concerned about activity.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Okay so um. . . Seems like I have no clue where everyone is in relation to one another.

Is like. . . the whole main area of the convention. . . is it just pokemon battles happening in the whole main area pretty much? ^^;

I mean I'd have N move about listening to pokemon's voices but like. . . I don't want to give the wrong description of how your characters' pokemon feel about their trainers/yourcharacters so like. . . I dunno I guess I'm kinda stuck or clueless what to do or who to have N meet ^^;

Any help would be appreciated, or if you'd like N to meet with one of your characters right now in the convention I'd appreciate any clues/invitations/signs like. . . leaving a bit of detail or description of what emotion your character's pokemon are having at the moment or all that. Or you know, enough description about what's going on with the pokemon as if it was a person like the kind of description you normally give about your trainer so. . . Yeah that would be kind of helpful ^^;

And to the RPer of Jason and Professor Gary Oak-I appreciate you taking the time to write that post to include mention of my character in a conversation between your characters, and while I know they are currently very far away from each other and will take some time for them to interact, I still appreciate what you did so Thank You. ^^

Also for a minor heads up, I might try and make a student OC soon. There might be some things about him that may seem a little. . . iffy or questionable, but I just hope you guys will bear with me on him since he'll be the first actual pokemon OC I've ever tried to make for an RP before. ^^; I have a good start on what I want him to sorta be in terms of personality and background, and a minor idea for his pokemon, but I'm still having a bit of a hard time deciding on which pokemon or moves so. . . just bare with me on him ^^;

And I can promise you I've already got a great idea of what N's first official classroom setting is going to be like, so anyone who would like their characters to participate in his first class please let me know ^^

Dawn

Years
...<_<;

Rules said:
Unless given permission by either of the GMs, you may not control Gary Oak under any condition.

Yeah... That whole Gary Oak thing at the academy didn't happen because permission wasn't granted, and won't be because he's sort of supposed to be at the field trip with everyone else.

EDIT: For those of you who are new to the RP, I'd just like to remind you that you should be keeping track of your pokemon's levels using the leveling mechanics in the rules spoiler on the front page.

Or... y'know, this quote of it. x3

• Wild pokemon that are caught will be at lvl 15.
• While pokemon's stronger evolved forms can be found in the wild, you aren't allowed to catch them unless they evolve at or before level 15.
• When a pokemon participates in a trainer battle it gains 2 levels per pokemon it fights.
• When a pokemon participates in a battle against a catchable wild pokemon it gains 1 level, but only up to level 45. After level 45, they gain nothing.
• On the other hand, when a pokemon participates in a battle against a wild pokemon that is higher level and thus can't be caught, it can gain one level without any further restrictions.
• When a pokemon participates in a battle against one of the three champions teaching at the school, it gains 3 levels per pokemon it fights.
• When a pokemon participates in a battle against Gary Oak, it gains 4 levels per pokemon it fights.
• If a pokemon faints during a battle, that merits one extra level on top of whatever else it earned.
• Any post about training your pokemon merits 1 level to the pokemon that were training.
• Trade evolution no longer require trading. Trade evolutions evolve at level 40.
• Happiness related evolution can be done as you will.
• All moves that are able to be learned (With the exception of moves only legendaries can learn) are available as TMs.
• If your character faces a large group of pokemon, we the GMs will decide how many levels they gain, ranging between 1 and 5. This is dependent on the content of the post and how hard the pokemon had to fight against the large group.
• If your character takes on a challenge that is significantly, abnormally high in difficulty you may be given the option of accepting extra levels at the discretion of the GM
• If you want to have your pokemon learn a move that is not normally learnable in the games, you must ask permission of PkMnTrainer Yellow or Megaman765
• You may decide not to have your pokemon level up at your own leisure.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
GUYS!!!!

I am so so so so sorry that I have been stupidly inactive - blame Orange/France Telecom for not wanting to sort out what is wrong with both my phone roaming internet and my home broadband although I pay them very well for both services >.<

Annnyway, it would seem that the worst ISP in Britain (officially) has sorted out my home broadband for the time being, so I'm going to get things moving tonight whilst I can.

I will point out, this is random and ridiculously infuriating for me. One day I'll turn on my laptop and have internets, next day I won't for another 2 days, then I'll have internet for about an hour, it's so WEIRD. But I'll do as much as I can with what I have currently :)

Years
Is it possible for me to sign up? Here's my SU if it is.

Spoiler:

Dawn

Years
@cacturne4512: Yes you may, but your app is missing necessary information. This includes the gender field of the app and the enough text to meet the minimum length requirements of the history and personality fields. There is in fact a spot open in Entei Dorm...

The personality field is 2 lines too short and the history field is 6.5 lines too short. You should be using this template from the front page to make your app.

Name (First, Middle-optional and Last):

Nickname (Optional):

Age (10-15):

Gender (Male or Female):

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm):

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish):

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): 5 lines minimum

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): 10 lines minimum

Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):
Species:
Nickname(Optional):
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague):
Lvl(Max 20):
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed):

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
*Cough cough* Hi! Sorry I haven't been around for a while I had a busy school week and it was my birthday weeks so preparing for party took up most of my time so what did I miss?

Dawn

Years
Was starting to wonder what happened to you dude.

Anyway. Apparently all the students are hanging out in the HoTa main building, battling. They already got on and off the train and traveled there. Right now we're just waiting for the field trip to move on via SelenaStar, which should be happening within the next RL day or so, as we've officially come to an understanding that if her net situation doesn't improve we the GMs will step in and push things along.

Several characters are locked away in joint posts, so.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2011
Hope I can still apply
Spoiler:

Sorry if my RPing skill are a bit sketchy this is my first time RPing

Dawn

Years
Yes you can, Arrt. However, we have minimum length requirements for the personality and history fields. Your personality field is slightly less than 2 lines too short and your history field is 4 lines too short.

Darkgoalie

Psychic Professor
Years
Sorry i have been a little inactive, more unactive than i had been anyway but i am pretty much gonna scrap Jason's introduction thing, wasn't going to work out, i'm still keeping the fact he is a new student but he has been at the intervention.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Finished my JP with Deepimpact. He's doing some editing and then is gonna post it soon

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I have a good question in terms of the students. . .

So they have ID's and jackets but. . .

Do they have Pokedex's?

I know in the games you see the main characters and rival and friend get theirs from the region's pokemon scientist/expert along with their starter pokemon. . .

But in the Anime, I believe it was mentioned that Pokedex's also acted as a trainer ID, and I think it's shown that a few other trainers had pokedexes. Like Richie for instance. And even the Pokedex's were scanned at the pokemon center to help register a trainer for the pokemon league. . .

But since Gary/Green/Blue Oak is like a pokemon professor and running an academy to train students to become better pokemon trainers, are Pokedexes also a commonly issued thing among students?

Dawn

Years
Many students seem to have pokedexs of some sort. Mine? They /don't/. It's really up to you, but they are not handed out at the academy no. MacKenzie just uses her tablet with a wireless radio connection (See: Phone internet) to look up pokemon and information on them. Valorie has no way at all at current without finding a computer to use in similar ways.

ANNOUNCEMENT: After discussing the circumstances with SelenaStar we've agreed that it's time for the GMs to take control of the field trip. That means we're going to start moving on and we're going to keep moving on people. ;D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back