• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

first team

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2010
hello,

im new to the competive battle

this is my thoughts for my team which im training now.

Charizard
ev: attk 128, sp.att 128, spd 252

Flamethrower STAB move
Earthquake
Thunderpunch or Focus punch
Fly

Umbreon
ev: Hp 252, sp. def 128, spd 128

Toxic
Dark pulse
Mean lock
Baton pass

Feraligatr
ev: hp 128, attk 252, spd 128

Waterfall
Earthquake
Ice fang
dragon dance / sword dance

Ampharos
ev hp 128, sp. att 252, sp def 128

Thunderbolt
reflect
Signal beam
Power gem

Espeon
ev hp 4, sp. att 252, spd 252

Psychic
calm mind
protect
shadowbal

i dont know who i want as 6 pokemon i had gengar before but i dont know he wasnt really helping out.. i was thinkin of a grass sceptile

so any good for first line up?

Project.

Tarot reading;
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2010
It looks like a well balanced team, but as always, they have their flaws. It would be helpful if you described what purpose each of them had. Garchomp could sweep a lot of your Pokes there. Not really much dragon-type support. If I was to say what was best, Feraligatr seems to be a well balanced little guy. I can't see anything wrong with it. As for a 6th poke, I don't know what you could put. 'Nyway, that's just my opinion.

Project.

Tarot reading;
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2010
Tiers are the rankings that Pokemon have that vary among their stats, movesets and that sorta stuff. You can see what tier your Pokemon are in by looking on Bulbapedia. I was assuming this was all-tiers because you didn't clarify that. But it helps to see what they are so when you battle you know what you're up against.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Tiers are the rankings that Pokemon have that vary among their stats, movesets and that sorta stuff. You can see what tier your Pokemon are in by looking on Bulbapedia. I was assuming this was all-tiers because you didn't clarify that. But it helps to see what they are so when you battle you know what you're up against.
I'm not sure if Bulbapedia has their own tiers or something, but Smogon's is the standard tier list that is used by mostly everyone bar communities that find the need to make their own generally inaccurate tier list.

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
Years
yes, I have to admit, this isn't really a competetive team. it looks more like a powerful in-game team. you seem to be based on "no legendaries" as opposed to "teirs" - this is OK for an In-game scenario, but when it comes to competetive battling, you need to move to different levels (don't worry, there was once a time {not long ago} when I was the same, but everyone learns at some point)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all, you want to have a lead that sets up an Entry Hazard. I suggest this set, due to its typing, defence and speed.

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Jolly
EV's: 252 HP, 4 DEF, 252 Speed
Moveset:
Earthquake
Stealth Rock/Taunt
U-Turn/Taunt
Roost

secondly, you want something to cover for your lead's weaknesses, as this isn't a scuiside lead (like Azelf)

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Nature: Calm
EV's: 252 HP, 120 DEF, 136 SDEF
Moves:
Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin
Surf
Sludge Bomb/HP Fire/Giga Drain
(giga drain is only to help get rid of water types, while HP fire takes out Gliscor's dreaded Ice types)

now, you always have the option here to switch leads, as the two are interchangeable and work very well together

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

now, i'm only helping you with leads here, but don't forget that some legendaries are allowed - if you want to have a proper look at the pokemon you want to use, you should check here - that is the list of OU pokemon, which are the best-of-the-best (without being banned)

if you want more help, please PM or VM me, D_A or Aragornbird (i'm no expert, but Dark Azelf and AragornBird are PC's {i'd say best} strategists and competetive battlers)

Back