• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ending a Pokemon game

Years
I was wondering, how do you guys feel when you end a certain game? is it completely emotions-free or some of you get a bit sentimental.
I just finished Pokemon Crystal, after 25 hours, and it sort of felt as if I was saying goodbye to a really good friend lol. I personally dont get attached to game, ever, but in Pokemon is an exception, plus, after playing Pokemon Mystery dungen games, I really dont know why I am even surprised lol.
Also, my lvl. 67 Kadabra totally kicked both Elite's and Red's butt. And I am really surprised, considering all my other Pokemon are below 42. Yeah, I needed revives, a lo tof them, ok.

Also I don't know if this is in right section, but I think Corgis approve this topic.

:D

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I feel like I mention this in like every other post, but Nuzlockes, man. After finishing a Nuzlocke you better be emotional, or there's something wrong. You become so ingrained in the game and your companions, defeating the challenge is such a moving experience.

Regular runs can have similar effects, but not necessarily of the same magnitude, usually those first runs can be pretty special.

Heather

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2021
With the retail Pokemon games whenever I "beat" the game I am usually just feel accomplished but I don't feel done yet because I know I can still breed Pokemon, go shiny hunting, or try to catch em all.

But whenever I play rom hacks that are in beta and not finished yet, once I finish that portion of the beta I have a feel of accomplishment of course but there's also the "I want MORE!!!" emotion added to it.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I never truly finish a Pokemon game, and probably never will. There's always something for you to do, whether it be finding items, capturing every legendary, training, breeding, competitive battling training, finishing the Pokedex, etc etc. When I finish a game, I'm just like "Gonna need to find something else to do now".

Sure the story's done with, but Pokemon's filled with so many tidbits of fun things to do.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I declare a game finished when I've completed all maingame and postgame events, excluding completing the pokedex (because I can never do that on an emulator) and other trivial things such as those mentioned by Sonic above.

The only games I've ever declared finished were B/W & B/W2. It felt very bittersweet after completing B/W as I still felt a very strong connection with the characters, especially N. As for B/W2, the feelings were still there, just not as strong for some reason. More like sentimental.

Years
I always have that moment of accomplishment and relief whenever I beat a Pokemon game's main story. Black was especially the biggest one because I was like really hanging on when it came to that last battle against Ghetsis.

But the most emotional ending would be that of X/Y, the scene with AZ reuniting with his Floette surely made me shed tears, and the scene where the five heroes are recognized for destroying Team Flare.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
When I play these days, I'm normally doing a challenge on an emulator.
So, yeah, I normally beat the challenge, actually get happy that it's over and move on. However, Fire Red is different. Since once the credits roll, the game's over. You can't play any post challenge because it resets.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
When I play these days, I'm normally doing a challenge on an emulator.
So, yeah, I normally beat the challenge, actually get happy that it's over and move on. However, Fire Red is different. Since once the credits roll, the game's over. You can't play any post challenge because it resets.
Oh yeah, reaching the end in a challenge is such a relief. I leave feeling accomplished and satisfied. As for normal games, they have less accomplishment feels to them, but I usually actually follow the story so seeing how it culminates in the end is an equally good feeling. Sometimes it's emotional like in XY or BW (N's final moment in that game was great) and sometimes it's just becoming a champion like in FRLG, but it's always a great moment for me that makes me want to play it all over again.

Years
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Also guys, use the SPOILER thing. There is no need for telling everyone what happens at the end of a game.

Btw, regarding the Fire Red. You played it on emulator since it reset or?

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Also guys, use the SPOILER thing. There is no need for telling everyone what happens at the end of a game.

Btw, regarding the Fire Red. You played it on emulator since it reset or?

Years
The first game I ever finished all the way through was Red. Got all 8 badges, beat the Elite Four, leveled up all the pokemon in my party to level 100 and completed the pokedex. Honestly, I was really relieved because it took me forever. I didn't want to move on to 2nd gen games until I had the first one completed so I was happy that I could finally check out Gold.

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2014
When I finish Im actually a bit disappointed, because it never really feels like you finish them.

Most of the games honestly feel a bit unresolved. Most recently finished white again, and you beat the Elite 4 the second time, its just like, ok, now what...especially since the post game seemed kind of lame, a few legendaries, and who even cares about finding the 7 sages.

I just think it would be wonderful if after you beat it, you had something else to move on to after...Not just stupid menial tasks but like something real.

You know, youve beat the Elite 4 so many times that that doesnt seem like the real challenge - I sort of feel like by now, I should be accomplishing something else even greater

Cilicica

Ghost Type Lover ~~
Years
Most of the time I get really excited for finishing the main story because I want to train new pokemon or whatever, but when I actually do finish the main story I'm just like "Aww, that was too short." xD Then when I'm in the process of training a party I get bored and want to do other things. If the game has a lot of extra stuff like Battle Factory, etc. then it's not a big deal. But if it's kind of empty and there isn't much to do (Black/White) then I get really bored. Good thing Black/White 2 added the PWT. ^^

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I feel like I mention this in like every other post, but Nuzlockes, man. After finishing a Nuzlocke you better be emotional, or there's something wrong

I totally agree with Flushed, Nuzlockes are way too emotional, especially when looking at the death box once you are done
Regular runs used to feel special as a kid, not nower days though

Pillodox

Ruff
Years
Mostly I only finish the main story and never complete the Professors mission of completing the Pokedex though I completed and caught all the Pokemon on the White 1 Pokedex.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
Years
I try my best to finish everything as much as I can, but then after awhile, I max everything out, get a ton of items, max my money, it just, loses value? In a normal playthrough, this is almost always the case, and I hate doing it, but I guess there are those times, but when I play Nuzlockes, those are definitely, definitely, something to get all weepy about, I mean you won't get what it really means unless you do it yourself so yeah.

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2014
What if pokeballs were more expensive, or it was harder to catch pokemon...

Or what if they died after a while, especially if you didnt use them.

Would that make it more emotional, and at the same time, require you to use all the pokemon you catch

Back