• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ludia or Ho-oh?

Which do you think is better, Lugia or Ho-oh?

• Lugia

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Ho-oh

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sea Guardian

A Kitsune who watches the Sea
Years
  • Since my brother and I are CONSTANTLY argueing over whitch is cooler, Lugia or Ho-oh (personally I like Lugia) I wanted to make a poll to end this feud once and for all. Plese vote one or the other and post below why you think they are cooler. Do NOT bash other people or the pokemon. If Ho-oh wins I'll admit to my brother Ho-oh is cool and if Lugia wins than hopefully my brother will see that Lugia is just as cool as Ho-oh.
    By the way I accidently put a "d" instead of a "g" but I don't know how to change that!

Thanks people! I showed this poll to my brother and we both agreed they're awsome in their own ways!

Last edited:

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • there's no poll to vote in. :found it!:

anywhoo, to each their own i suppose. personally i used to like lugia, but i don't totally agree with his typing.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • I've always thought Ho-oh was cooler, but Lugia was better.
    But then I realized that Ho-oh was a Fire-type and that makes it hot.

Sorry. Shoot me for that.

Moonlit Umbreon

Elusive Within The Shadows
    Years
  • I have to admit that it used to be Ho-oh because it was very facinating when I had caught a glimpse of it in the first Pokemon Episode "Pikachu I Choose You" and it was also the main Pokemon in my first Pokemon game "Pokemon Gold Version", so it had been my favourite over Lugia at the time.

As the years past I grew more and more fond of Lugia as it had a "dragon-like" resemblence and it's mysteriousness intruiged me into becoming one of my all-time favourites that it is today. I also find Lugia to be the most inspiring theme for banners and icons, that's why I make them! =D

LUGIA FTW

Sexycheese

Bye :)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Well, lugai used to be my favorite untill I realised he is bad in non-inplay battles and ho-ho has better stats.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Ho-oh, because I like birds and I like fire. The majority of people however already have and will continue to vote for Lugia.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 14, 2009
    Wow this brings back memories of Pokémon Gold Version! I've always had a soft spot for Ho-oh. It's physical appearance appealed to me more then anything, and it first appeared on the very first Anime episode. Also the moves it can learn allows for an awesome move set.

Years
  • I'd say Ho-oh only because its shiny form is awesome, otherwise, Lugia for the sweeter signature move and supereffectiveness. Also what DF said above me, hes got a song...

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Because I didn't have have a clue about competitive battling back in the days of Gold, Silver and Crystal, I'm going to say that I prefer Lugia because of the adventure I had finding him on all my versions, the amazing role he plays in Pokémon: The Movie, 2000! He also looks cooler than Ho-Oh and that's my reasoning for you all.

Guitar God in Training

Glam Metal Rules
    Years
  • I prefer Lugia, although it's in game sprites never do it any justice. Looks awesome in 3d on XD though!
    Agreed with SRKid, Ho-ohs shiny form looks way better than Lugia's shiny form.

edit: Just noticed that exactly twice as many people have voted for Lugia so far!
    Yay 14-7 Lugia!

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Ho-oh. That bird will need the love. What's cooler than bringing three Pokémon back to life?

Back