• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] River's Gallery.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
zY1XEb3.png

4K0IhsV.png

ErdBARO.png

0DkXCUe.png

gqaJjZa.png

nB5hUKa.jpg

dhcnK5f.png

RLRkbvD.png

hf3Z24v.png

QzgW1TZ.png

VOelO5O.png

lyGnBMp.png

uBU7Aoj.png

Some of these are for other people. I've made a lot of signatures recently, and just don't have them all since I just deleted some. All the way until Captain America are old though.

Last edited:

MaskedDJ

【♫Forever Alone♫】‎
Years
First Comment Bruh~
Sexy Art!! <3 juz some of them background dont match with the char OwO
and tht spiderman 1, the blur thingy juz.. i dont like it... but the rest of it are good, looking foward to see yout future art

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
First Comment Bruh~
Sexy Art!! <3 juz some of them background dont match with the char OwO
and tht spiderman 1, the blur thingy juz.. i dont like it... but the rest of it are good, looking foward to see yout future art

Yeah the Spiderman one I messed up on, aha. Really didn't mean to post it, but I did anyways xD. What other backgronds don't match? I tend to use the actual character for the background.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Sometimes the smudging effects that you use doesn't always compliment the character or the character's positioning. If I can share with you any advice; it's that sometimes less is more. Be very selective with certain effects, because the can alter the end goal dramatically. The Spiderman tag is a good example, because you use a very, very high quality stock but didn't do anything to compliment that depth in the background, you know? In the tag, the background needs to feel as deep as the edge of Spiderman's face. Right now, it's just smudged to the side and looks very flat. This is reoccurring in a few of your tags, so try playing around more with layers and techniques other than smudging.

Some of your anime/comic tags are a bit too over-sharpened, specifically the first two. Tags need to feel comfortable to look at and pleasing to the eye. For instance, your Tron(?) tag, the character is barely distinguishable from the background; and the contrast of black and cyan, especially in such a geometric arrangement, make the whole tag too confusing. Be mindful of your color coordination and how they can best compliment the focal. Lastly, I'm not a gigantic fan of some of the text you've included. I suggest ignoring all together text and focus on more of the fundamentals of design. Depth, flow, color, positioning, etc.

Phew, okay, now that that's out of the way.. I want to say that you're work is also very promising. I'm so, so glad to see that there's more graphic design in A&D. Please keep up the work because I think you've got a lot to offer, not just to this section, but to yourself. I can see the ideas that you're trying to convey; but you're skills still need a little improvement before your message comes though. I'm looking forward to your next update because I can tell you're on your way to serious, successful artistry here.

And quick question, are your tags organized by date? I want to know which are your oldest and most recent.

Last edited:

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
Sometimes the smudging effects that you use doesn't always compliment the character or the character's positioning. If I can share with you any advice; it's that sometimes less is more. Be very selective with certain effects, because the can alter the end goal dramatically. The Spiderman tag is a good example, because you use a very, very high quality stock but didn't do anything to compliment that depth in the background, you know? In the tag, the background needs to feel as deep as the edge of Spiderman's face. Right now, it's just smudged to the side and looks very flat. This is reoccurring in a few of your tags, so try playing around more with layers and techniques other than smudging.

Some of your anime/comic tags are a bit too over-sharpened, specifically the first two. Tags need to feel comfortable to look at and pleasing to the eye. For instance, your Tron(?) tag, the character is barely distinguishable from the background; and the contrast of black and cyan, especially in such a geometric arrangement, make the whole tag too confusing. Be mindful of your color coordination and how they can best compliment the focal. Lastly, I'm not a gigantic fan of some of the text you've included. I suggest ignoring all together text and focus on more of the fundamentals of design. Depth, flow, color, positioning, etc.

Phew, okay, now that that's out of the way.. I want to say that you're work is also very promising. I'm so, so glad to see that there's more graphic design in A&D. Please keep up the work because I think you've got a lot to offer, not just to this section, but to yourself. I can see the ideas that you're trying to convey; but you're skills still need a little improvement before your message comes though. I'm looking forward to your next update because I can tell you're on your way to serious, successful artistry here.

And quick question, are your tags organized by date? I want to know which are your oldest and most recent.

The first 6 were made a year or so ago. After that, my computer got messed up and I lost Photoshop. I just got a new computer with it and after that, all of these have been made in the past 2 weeks. Anyways, I understand what you mean. I don't particular like smudge signatures. I was just using them to get back into Photoshop and sort of bring back the use of certain tools that I forgot about.

Thanks for the incredible CnC, Strawberry.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
So wait, is all this your art? Original stuff, redrafted from previous images, what??

Not at all. You basically find a render, put it on a blank canvas and honestly, find people's pre-made resources, slap those on and add effects. It's pretty simple once you understand flow,depth and lighting, and although most of them may look cool, the Fakemon art is a lot harder.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I'll try to build off of what Strawberry said and hopefully not repeat things. The main things here that come into play are depth and quality (sharpness and contrast). Smudging you usually want to create some sort of flow and depth.

http://i.imgur.com/RkFU29D.png

^ This one you kinda go off in all different directions with the smudging, and any depth you created with the bubble c4ds is kinda masked by the smudge. It's very difficult to amalgamate smudge and things like effect c4ds, which is why you might see a lot of smudge tags "stand alone."

Sharpening and blurring go hand in hand with depth. Over-sharpening tends to lead to over-contrast, as in the second one. I really like the use of sharpen+blur in this one though:

http://i.imgur.com/0DkXCUe.png

You create some nice depth with the blurred c4ds while highlighting the Joker with a bit of sharpen. I really like this one as well:

http://i.imgur.com/lyGnBMp.png

Very clean-looking, not too sharp, and some nice depth forming with the c4ds.

Overall not bad. It's apparent that you're getting better just by the progression of the tags shown here, so I look forward to seeing what you have to bring in the future.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
Thank you, man! I'm getting a new laptop charger Wednesday. I'll be getting back into it then. A lot of things were requests that I made very quickly because they weren't very graphically aware, but I'll start making better quality things and probably take out the not so good ones.

Back