• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragon's Breath (Rated T) OOC

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
Years
Dragon's Breath
Rated: T (For violence, blood, and romance)

Intro:
There was once an egg. An egg that came into a world of wonder and strange magic. But this egg was no ordinary egg, for it would bring two warring races to come to peace. The egg hatched for a boy, and from that egg came a dragon. This dragon was hatched in a time of war, where dragons were at war with the elves and humans. The boy pitied the small dragon however, and instead of killing it, he raised it in secret. Once the dragon had grown, the boy and dragon showed themselves to the races, and the two sides of the war came to peace because of the dragon from the egg.

And thus was born the Dragon Riders.
Story:

Hundreds of years later, all three of the races have grown strong and profitable under the watchful eye of the dragon riders, who have been keeping the peace ever since the last Dragon War. Tensions have been growing lately, due to the fact that human settlers have been moving closer and closer to the mountains where the dragons dwell in search of more land and precious ores. The land that the humans are seizing is taking away from the dragons hunting grounds, and prey is slowly becoming scarcer for the dragons.

It is inevitable that violence will break out by now. Our story picks up only afew weeks after a group of dragons ambush a group of humans and elves meeting to discuss a trade proposal and an extension to their allegiance to each other. Among the group are the human King's son, Drake, and the elf King's daughter,Lirael. Few soldiers escape the ambush, and when the soldiers return the next morning, soldier's bodies litter the ground. They are unable to find the bodies of the Prince and Princess however,and assume that they have been kidnapped by the dragons. They group quickly spreads out and carries the news across the land until it reaches the ears of the leaders of all the races.

Both the elves and humans are enraged by this, and immediately demand that the Prince and Princess be returned immediately unharmed. The dragons deny all knowledge of the event. The Humans and Elves then declare war upon the dragons,and the dragons declare war on both the elves and humans. The Dragon Riders attempt to intervene, but are quickly pushed aside in the anger of all three races. Now war has broken out, and the dragon riders are caught in between the battle lines.

But unknown to all, darker powers are at play…..
You:

You will be one of three sides, the Humans/Elves,the Dragons, or the Dragon Riders.

Humans/Elves (4 Positions, 2 humans and 2 elves)
As a human/elf, your job is to combat the dragons. The King is sending a group of four soldiers, two elves and two humans, into the mountains to conduct a raid on the dragons in their caves. Both humans and elves are capable of using magic, although elves are faster and stronger than humans.

Dragons (4 positions)

As a dragon, your job is to conduct raids on human and elf cities, as well as keep a lookout for human or elf raiding parties trying to invade the mountains of your home. As a dragon, you can breathe fire and fly (obviously).

Dragon Riders (4 Positions)

Being a dragon rider will be the hardest for a roleplayer to play as, so you have been warned. Only the best applications can get this position. By being a dragon rider, you will have to choose for yourself which side your allegiances lie with, and help them. You will also have to dig deeper into why the dragons attacked the human platoon in the firstplace. Also by being a dragon rider, you will have to control 2 characters, the rider and the dragon. They can communicate through their mind, much like the Eragon series.

Rules:

1. No Godmodding/ Bunnying: No making other people's characters do things or OHKO or perfect accuracy or anything. It's not nice and makes a roleplay less fun.
  2. Post at least two times a week, although more is preferable.
  3. On the flip side, don't post so much that people can't keep up. Remember, Roleplays are for entertainment.
  4. Don't double post, unless a post is too long to fit in one post.
  5. Romance is allowed, but let's keep it at T please.
  6. Keep the swearing to a minimum. A good roleplayer can get their point across without swearing!
  7. Keep the gore to a minimum as well. Some blood is ok, but no guts and gore.
  8. Have Fun!
Human/Elf
Spoiler:

Dragon
Spoiler:

Dragon Rider
(Provide info for both dragon and rider or write 2 applications for both characters)
Spoiler:

When writing your applications, please put some time and effort into these. Remember that only the best will be picked once applications are filled up.
Sample/My Character
Spoiler:

Positions Available
Elves/Humans (4 positions, 2 of each): Garet (Jamal Kifius), Daginja (reserved), Raikiri (Sir Siegfried Wagnar)
Dragons (4 Positions): Godzil (Praxis), Charzeon (Baiyon), CyBestSaber (reserved)
Dragon Riders (4 Positions): Nideous (Lika Forbin/Azure), Xulgon Pyro (Xoxxa and Xgok), Fortworth96 (Reserved)

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
I'm gonna make an SU for a Dragon Rider. But can't start it til the weekend since it's nearing bedtime

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Are you really that surprised I'm here? Take a look at my title. And my Avy. And my Sig. Though, Charizard isn't a dragon type, but he should be! Heh, I'm trying to decide what kind of character I would like to play... Hm... I may have to reserect Ardor... Maybe...

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
Years
Lol, very true, very true! I guess I'm not so surprised that it is getting interest, only that it is getting interest so quickly. When I first made it, I expected it to be a little while before anybody posted, but thanks to you two for posting first!

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Busy Weekend but I will have this done by Sunday

Name: Ceara
Appearance: see attachments
Weapon:
Personality (At least 4-6 lines): Ceara's personality is very unpredictable just like fire. At times she can be kind and sweet, other times shy, and other times she can be very up front and angered easily. She can be very rash at times and unlike other riders she cared deeply about the wellfare of others never turning down someone who needs her help. Ceara is extremly loyal to her allies and will follow any order without fail even at the risk of her own life. This young rider wants nothing more than to figure out what caused all the problems in the world to start

History(Same as personality):

Name: Nadeafe
Appearance:
Spoiler:

Weapon:
Personality (At least 4-6 lines):
History (Same as personality):
RP Sample:

Attachments

• Ceara new.png
    Ceara new.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
Years
All right, dragon rider positions going fast! Remember that you will need a sample, and if positions keep going this fast I may have to pick! Also, if any of you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
I noticed you said there would be 4 dragon rider reservations and I see three up so far, but your character is also one of the dragon riders. Do you count as one of the spots as well or is it 4 other dragon rider spots. If one is still open, I'd like to reserve it.

If not I'll figure out what else to do from that point on.

Last edited:

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 12, 2012
Hey there, everyone! I'd like to reserve an elf, please! Thank ya kindly.

Years
I'd like to be a dragon. Not a Rider, just a dragon.

Name: Praxis

Appearance: A massive brown dragon, with bright green eyes and two large horns sweeping back from his forehead. Large three-clawed hands, and a body designed to stand either bipedal or quadrapedal. ((Picture attached below.))

Personality: Praxis may not be the brightest of dragons, but he possesses a savage, brutal cunning that most friends and foes overlook. He is wild and easily angered, with all the grace and subtlety of an earthquake. While he enjoys lording his strength over others, Praxis prefers short, violent ends to conflict.

Full of himself and believing himself better than other dragons, Praxis rarely makes contact with them, and resents taking orders or being on a team. For this reason, he lives a solitary life in a remote location, seeing himself as king of new domain. However, his dislike for humans and elves exceeds his dislike of dragons, and he sees the war as an opprotunity to both curb their rampant growth and prove his right to lead to the other dragons.

History: The child of gold Bruticus, a mighty dragon warrior, Praxis was always keen to follow his father's footsteps. When he was only 2 weeks old, he ventured forth into his desert home, eager to hunt for his first meal and prove his worth. He attacked the first creature he saw, a massive scorpion. This ended badly when the scorpion's sting penetrated Praxis' skull, instantly incapacitating the hatchling. His mother, the green Zorak, intervened and nursed Praxis back to health, but his father had turned his back on him.

Praxis would never regain his father's approval, as Bruticus was slain 7 years later, after attacking a human city rumored to have a dragon egg. Bruticus himself started the rumor, and the humans were forgiven for their actions, as they had responded in self-defense. Zorak moved on, but Praxis couldn't, and his mother left him in his new home. As Praxis grew over the years, he became a skilled hunter, but never knew if his father would approve of him, all because of the humans.

Praxis left the desert, where he would occasionally encounter humans or other dragons, and found a new home in a far-off forest. The local elven community feared and respected him, and Praxis procliamed himself king over their tiny village. As proof, he demanded they forge him a crown of steel, plated in gold. The elves complied, and let him hunt any animals he wished. Praxis soon became bored with his compliant subjects, and wished for anything interesting to happen.

Soon, the Prince and Princess were kidnapped and the elves blamed banded together to drive Praxis away, furious at dragonkind for their warmongering, and Praxis in particular for his tyrannical ways. Praxis swore revenge on the traitorous elves, and decided that he would avenge his father's death at the hands of the humans he had attacked. Even if it meant returning to his own kind.

RP Sample:

Last edited:

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
Years
@Xulgon Pyro- Nope, my character doesn't count. I'm just having my character be a dragon rider because thats where I'll be able to push forward with whatever plot line I've come up with so far (Which is pretty little, I'm just gona wing it a bit...). So, another Draogn Rider Reserved.

Dragon riders are all filled up, if anybody else gives me a dragon rider SU it had better be a really good one.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Here's my SU. Hopefully it's good enough. I'm not done with it yet, but I'l tell you when I am. I'm finished! :D

Name: Lika Forbin (Human)
Appearance:
Spoiler:

Weapon of Choice: While she is a master her of many weapons, her best, and prefered, weapon is her Longsword she is rarely seen without.

Personality (The longer the better, but at least 4-6lines): Lika is ery much a braggert. She is extremely boastful about her skills and achievements. She even claims she is a Master of Weapons, though not many people believe her. However, her claims are true. She is very skilled with many different kinds of weapons. Unfortunately, she is also rather easy to provoke. Hot headed and arrogant, she is always willing to prove just how skilled she is. In her mind, she is the best of the best, and thus far in her life, she has yet to be proven wrong. When not actively fighting or boasting, she is quite kind and willing to help others. She fancies herself a mercenary for hire, though her heart often leads her to take low paying jobs and not earn any money. She also has a gambling and drinking problem, and whenever she gets a spare cent she's off to gamble and drink it away. By a strange twist of fate, she hates the taste of alcohol, despite being addicted to it. She often wonders why she doesn't have much money to live on.

History (Same as Personality): Like was the second daughter of an aging noble. In her youth she was raised to be a bodyguard to her older sister. The two of them were very close. During a trip to the capital city, the two girls were set upon by bandits. When the fighting ended, Lika was left injured and her sister lay dead. Lika quickly recovered and went after the bandits for revenge. While she was away, her father died, leaving her the only heir to his power. She single handedly slew the bandits, and returned home, only to find that she was now the lady of the manor. Racked with grief for her loss and guilt for not being there, she turned to gambling and the drink. On her first time, she won something very rare, a dragon egg. She didn't ask where it came from, but she decided to cherish it. However, her luck did not hold, and she soon lost everything except the sword of her family, her signet ring, and the baby dragon she was raising. She set out on the road to escape the debt collectors, and began training her Hatchling, whom she had named Azure. She decided that the pair of them could have a pretty good life as mercenaries. After another three and a half years, she and Azure took the Dragon Rider test, and passed with fairly good scores, becoming Dragon Riders. Since then, they have been looking for a new job, trying to live as best they can. The recent events weigh heavily on Lika, though she tries not to show it. She wants to find out what happened, but keeping herself and Azure safe and full will always come first.

Name: Azure
Appearance:The picture below is what she looks like. Azure is a very small dragon, just barely big enough to be ridden. In truth, she can not carry very much weight, mainly only Lika and her belongings. Her wings and tail are fairly large for her size, adding speed to her as well as extra balence. Her bony frame is perfectly aerodynamic, and she is capable of great speed and can make icredibly fast and short turns. However, being so small, she is not as durable or as powerful as bigger dragons. Though, that tends not to be an issue, as her claws are razor sharp and she has a faily powerful bite for a dragon of her size.
Spoiler:

Personality (The longer the better, but at least 4-6lines): Azure is just as arrogant about her skills as her partner, and like Lika, she lives up to her expectations. However, unlike Lika, she does not feel the need to constantly brag and boast about them. In fact, the concept greatly annoys her. She feels it should be enough that she knows she is better. She is very difficult to provoke, and often serves as the calming influence on Lika, resolving disputes and soothing her anger. The gambling often annoys Azure, however she is fully capable of hunting for herself, so she lets it go with some minor protesting. She is as kind hearted as her partner, and is always willing to help others. She has a strange sense of humor and enjoys emberrassing Lika.

History (Same as Personality): Azure was an egg when her parents were slain. She was taken from her nest and passed around and around until she ended up in the hands of an old knight. This knight was kind and tried to get her to hatch, but she refused. He wasn't the one she wanted. Soon, the knight was killed in a battle and her egg changed hands again. The man that owned her this time was a gambler. He soon lost her in a card game to Lika. Azure knew from the moment Lika touched her egg that she was the one. Azure hatched and the pair instantly bonded. When Lika lost everything to her gambling addiction and the two of them set out on the road, Azure was only a few months old. Over the years, she grew and became stronger, faster and better. She is an amazing flier, and her small frame makes her incredibly agile. When she was big enough to fly with Lika on her back, the pair of them took the test to become fully fledged Dragon Riders. They passed with average scores, despite their combined talents, and were on their way again. Azure feels very strongly connected to the dragons and wants to find out what is going on more than anything, though she is more preoccupied with taking care of Lika.

RP Sample (Or other sample): This is taken from Birth of Legends.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
Years
I would like to reserve a spot for the dragon section. I should have my SU up real soon, but want to post this to save myself a spot.

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
Making my move to earn that reservation now. Here's my sign up.

Name
Xoxaa

Spoiler:

Name
Xgok "Lightning Lizard"

Spoiler:

RP Sample
Spoiler:

This is going to take quite awhile so I'll create a separate post once I'm finished so you can check out the finished version. :)

Last edited:

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
Years
Name: Baiyun
Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality: Baiyun is very proud, as is common for he species. He will not take insults to himself or his race, though more the former. He also will not hear anything bad said their actions in the war. He is also very fierce and short tempered, willing to start a fight as much as he could, though it won't come to blows unless the person is human/elf or they keep up their antics.

Baiyun is also very loyal to his kind and has always looked down on other species. He believes that dragons are far superior and that they do deserve to rule whatever world they find themselves in. Despite all this, Baiyun finds other humans interesting and likes to 'study' them whenever he can.
History: Baiyun was born to a red male dragon named Xia and a white female dragon named Baixue. Both dragons had come from lines of families that didn't want the original war to end. After all, dragons were bid, could fly and breath fire. Not to mention their very hard scales that could bounce back the worse of swords or arrows and their unpredictable magic. Why should they bow down to the humans and elves just because one of them got along with a baby dragon?

Baiyun listened to all off this growing up and soon took on his parent's view of the world and the creatures with in it. He truly looked at the humans and elves with contempt and wished that he had some excuse to get rid of them and make his parents proud. This especially grew as he trained to become a warrior and be even more deadly with his claws and fangs. However, when he began to do scouting mission when he was in his late 50's, he also found them all fascinating. Despite their vast inferiority, they seemed to be able to live a fairly rich life.

However, when the Prince and Princess were kidnapped and the human and elves blamed them, Baiyun's old anger was brought back to the surface and he jumped at the change to get rid of these pests once and for all! How dare they accuse the dragons of something they had no part of! It's time to put them in their place.
RP Sample: (The following his from an Okami RP I was apart of)

Spoiler:

Back