• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

This festival is the bestival!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
  • Ever been to one? Would you like to go to one? Best/worst experience at one?

Gogogogogogogo!

NB: It doesn't have to be a music festival. I've just come back from the London Film Festival, for example, and there are festivals dedicated to TV, books and other forms of entertainment. Go nuts in your responses! :D

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • I went to one music festival this year and it was a great experience that I recommend to anyone. I can't really name either of my best or worst experiences as they're probably not suitable for PC :))))).

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • I can't believe I missed Bestival this year. I was so disappointed, haha. It had a crazzzzzzy line-up; one of the best I've personally ever seen at a festival.

Anyway - yes! I love music festivals like... a lot. I've been to Reading a few times, went to a rock one a few years back before (iirc) it was cancelled in the UK, and a couple of other smaller ones too. As Manipulation said, it's an amazing experience and if you're into your music (or into your drinking!) then give it a shot.

Years
  • I've been to the Renaissance Faire and the Dickens Christmas Fair, but sadly never to a music fair.

Ren Faire is fun enough if you're a nerd like I am and you're in the company of fellow friendly nerds. Same with the Dickens Fair. Nice change of pace for a day, but not something I'd recommend to anyone.

Lozz

meow meow meow <3
    Years
  • Ahh I love music festivals- especially the 3 day + ones. I have had some amazing experiences at them.

When I was 19, I went to a music festival in Tasmania over new years for 3 days, that was hands down one of the best experiences of my life, and not just because Karen O (lead singer of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs) counted us in to the new year.

I could tell you all the ridiculous things that happened to me there, but I really don't think they are suitable for this forum. hahaha. but I definitely recommend festivals if you're into music.

Years
  • In my entire life, I have never gone to a festival of any sort. *sob*

I really need to go to one sometime in the future but tickets are soooooooooooo expensive...

Years
  • You just stole the name of bestival, I see what you did there! XD

Anyway, I have been to a few in the UK; V, Download and Sonisphere. V Fest was rubbish because I didn't like any of the bans, but loads of mates were going and this was before we all went away to University, so I didn't care too much. Was a great weekend overall because of my friends.
    Sonisphere was the best because the amount of awesome bands! :3​

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I've been to quite a lot of festivals like Download, Sonisphere, V Fest, Reading, R1's Big Weekend, iTunes Festival (although that's somewhat different since it's more just 30 individual concerts), and I've loved them all <3 I got to festivals far too often and it gets pretty expensive, but since I don't spend much money on anything else it's not too bad. It doesn't really matter how good the bands are since the whole atmosphere of festivals is what I go there for, but the best one I've been to has to be Reading a couple years ago when Arctic Monkeys were headlining and just hngggggg <3 I'll never forget seeing Alex Turner walk onto the stage, it was like watching heaven itself appear infront of me D; All the bands that year played amazingly and it was a great chance to get some new music under my belt whilst gawping at Alex Turner, so it was definitely my favourite year.

Bestival is one that I've never actually been to, but I've heard great things about it - definitely looking forward to going when I get a chance :3

Years
  • I've only been to one music festival, and it was in May. It was called the Bamboozle Festival and it was awesome. Performers included Foo Fighters, My Chemical Romance, Bon Iver, etc. Great festival!

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2019
    I been to Optimus Alive '11 and '12 editions (Lisboa), FIB '10(Benicassim International Festival @ Spain) and I would love so much going to either Reading (UK) or Ultra Music Festival (Miami, but this one it's a little bit over my incomes, hehe)

Back