• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black City and White Forest

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    White Forest is a location exclusive to White and White 2, is located near Route 15. In White version, it includes a bunch of grass where you could find wild Pokémon. In White 2, though, there are no longer any grass; instead, you have Treehollow where you battle against trainers. In Pokémon Black and Black 2, we've got Black City. There's a marketplace here, where you could buy rare items such as Moon Stone, Leaf Stone, and Sun Stone. Along with that, there's also some trainers for you to battle.

Anyway, what are your opinion on Black City and White Forest? Did you like visiting them? What are some things that you used to do here? Of these two locations, which do you like more and why?

Years
  • Although White was my primary game, I liked Black City more because its design I enjoyed more, as with battling trainers who had different Pokémon. But generally, not many people really cared for those areas given the odd mechanisms behind keeping people there and how them leaving affects the area.

But I LOVED the changes to the area in BW2 where they made it a gigantic tower where you fight waves of trainers. Although it does become a maze, I always found it an enjoyable way to get EXP, especially when you run into Pokémon Breeders who have Chansey and Blissey. Such fun. :)

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I cannot stop loving White Forest. Really. The fact that there can be so many or so little bbys in one place is just so fun to me, and the fact that they have the cutest bbys in the games in one spot slays me. Slays, me.

Though, Black City's market is probably my favorite thing in the world. Evolution stones are epic, and having access to literally every kind as amazing.

White Forest is definitely my favorite though. I still can't get over WILD Happiny. <3

Years
  • Given I had no friends who played Pokemon, I couldn't utilize my Black City's features in Black but I loved the appearance of the city itself, and I think its Black 2 design looks even better. White Forest is kinda nice-looking itself as well, but I love urban settings more.

Also, gotta love how Black City's shop in Black sells cool evolution stones if you get enough people in. Doesn't hurt to get a few of them. But yeah, aesthetically Black City is my fave of the two and it matched my main version so yeah quite fitting.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I never cared much of them in Black/White, but then Black City became one of my favorite places to go in Black 2. High-level battle facility that you can do as much as you like? ♥♥♥♥ yes! A store that sells evolutions stones? Ah yeah. That, and I like the look/feel of the city. Kinda wish the Battle Chateau was more like Black Tower/White Treehollow...
    There's a lotta things in Black2/White2 that I REALLY wish they kept in X/Y. Maybe in the next game?

Girasaur

Giradialkia + Venusaur
    Years
  • Black City and White Forest were weird but cool additions to the games. Obviously the fact that they were the first version-exclusive areas in Pokémon games made them pretty cool. I'm pretty glad I'd went with White Version though, as I was much happier catching these cool Pokémon than just being able to battle their final forms (though I suppose it wouldn't have been too bad to have a daily battle with some strong trainers).

I really, really liked the addition of Black Skyscraper and White Treehollow, though - with the World Tournament as well as the existing Battle Subway, this gave a third fun way to battle, and you got experience too! AND you're rewarded with a Shiny Pokémon for winning, which is just awesome.

Years
  • Pretty locations but I didn't do much with them at all. Checked White Forest occasionally for any new Pokemon in White and Black City for items in Black 2 but all together that must have been a total of ten or so times, hah. I loved the designs but as far as usefulness I didn't find them too good places for post-game due to the huge limits on what there was to do.

Glad Black City in Black 2 had the tower to battle through and climb, though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    White Forest had a lot of low level pokémon to train and get, but Black City just had some battles. They're interesting areas but I can't help but feel that they are unfinished.

Back