• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Politics] Does This Surprise You?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I'm going to open this again, but,

Let me make it very clear;

- I will not tolerate any more insults, even if they seems harmless. You can hurt people's feelings very easily.

- When you are debating, you respect every person, if you agree with them or not.

- If you feel need to correct someone, do it in a nice, polite, clean fashion. This means no cracks about their age, intelligence, or any other discriminatory factor. Period.

- No swearing. You may think kids won't be interested in this topic, but maybe they will be. This board was made for all ages, there are plenty of other boards out there where you can swear. This one stays clean. If you need to swear, completely censor it in the form of **** or $#@$

I will be keeping tabs on this and this topic be closed if any of the above rules are broken by anyone. Don't ruin it for everyone please.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • Any civilized person wouldn't feel the need to swear in a regular debate, no matter hot heated or mad they get...but of course, everyone has outbreaks sometimes...

and I agree with Kairi in keeping this thread open...

!@#$ ya!

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Gr8Person62 said:
    No, it's not that. I said, from their point of view, no matter how bad what they're doing may seem, to them, what they're doing is good. You don't just go around killing people for no reason (Unless you have brain damadge), everyone has an excuse. Most of the time revenge.
    And you are saying they are doing good for....... who?:P

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    I don't really think they dstroyed all of their WMD.If they did, then don't you think that they have possibly made more by now?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • if Iraq don't have any WMD to start with... then they don't have to "remove" all those large quantity of WMD. I mean it can't be that easy to hide so much WMD (if the US statistics is true which i do no believe in)

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    If they do have WMD, they could have transferred them to a different location or hid them underground.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • DragonTrainer said:
    If they do have WMD, they could have transferred them to a different location or hid them underground.

it's rather hard to transport them around unnoticed... US got all those big satellites up there... try stargazing at night, and you'll see one of those critters in the sky once every 2 minute?

now North Korea is saying "we MAY make WMD"... well they're dooming themselves certainly as China already moved to North Korea border, and we know that US will come in and lend a help when no one asked for help. With time we'll see what N.Korea will become...

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Looks like Korea will pose a threat to us in a while.Man, I hope we don't have a war.

22sa

Years
  • frostweaver said:
    it's rather hard to transport them around unnoticed... US got all those big satellites up there... try stargazing at night, and you'll see one of those critters in the sky once every 2 minute?

now North Korea is saying "we MAY make WMD"... well they're dooming themselves certainly as China already moved to North Korea border, and we know that US will come in and lend a help when no one asked for help. With time we'll see what N.Korea will become...
    Woah, China's ready to defend N. Korea? Interesting. I need to go read about N. Korea news again. >_>

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Looks like everyone is joining in on this war.China is a powrful country, so we'd better look out.This may be dumb to ask, but who are with the U.S.?I seem to have forgot.

22sa

Years
  • DragonTrainer said:
    Looks like everyone is joining in on this war.China is a powrful country, so we'd better look out.This may be dumb to ask, but who are with the U.S.?I seem to have forgot.
    Well if it's going to be war, South Korea and Japan will be America's allies.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • China is not siding with North Korea... it just moved to the edge of North Korea-China border... which side china is taking on is rather a mystery. But i suspect that China is against WMD and will join the US if there's solid prove. Otherwise it'll just sit there to open fire at whoever started the war for no reason first.

*note: all words after the word "i suspect" is the personal comment of Frostweaver, not the truth. The truth is still a mystery*

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    I think it would be dumb to side with people who are capable of causing major war and destruction.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • DragonTrainer said:
    I think it would be dumb to side with people who are capable of causing major war and destruction.

Both US and North Korea have the capability to start major wars and destruction... so isn't that a self contradiction?

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Looks like my own words put me down.But I think U.S. is the good guys no matter what anyone says.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2011
    22sa said:
    Well if it's going to be war, South Korea and Japan will be America's allies.

Yes, both countries with a lacklustre military force.

I doubt Britain will help; the public just wouldn't accept it. Political suicide.

Gr8Person62

I do stuff.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 14, 2003
    DS / StarCaliber said:
    Hahaha. Okay, so debating = flaming by your logic. Like I believe that.

Let me tell you something, right. Quite a few months ago, me and Shining Arcanine (someone who I can argue with because he knows what he's talking about) would debate politics for hours. He finally convinced me I should be accepting of military action on the grounds that we both agreed Saddam was an evil guy, and there was seemingly enough evidence for the case of WMD being found there.

And why have I turned? Because I feel like I've been lied to. Bush, Blair and their cronies had my trust and they lied; thus blowing it. Why should I believe them again? They had all this "evidence" of WMD, so where are they, 140 days on?

There is a high-profile legal case going on in the UK right now named, "The Hutton Inquiry" between the BBC and the Government. The trail has revealed eMails and other such information which encouraged those who were constructing a dossier which was for the use of persuading the British people for the need for war to "sex-up" the information. As a result, the Government exaggerated the risk of terrorism and WMD; and the result is clear to see. If Iraq was so dangerous, why the need to exaggerate?

They ******** me, and I return the favour.

And Allelulia to that! Finally, someone educated enough to know the proper truth, not just what America wanted them to know. I'v been sick of all this stuff that people say, and think they're right. I'v had to live with it for 2 years now. If only everyone in the world saw things the way SC did.
    Now i'm from the middle east, so believe me, I know it all. Not so much the political side, but more whats been exaggrrated, and what excuses have been made up. After the US pulled their forces from Iraq, they claimed that they found no WMD, and appologised for it. Before they went to attack, they where almost certain they had WMD. Explain that..
    Most people I know would say America just wanted oil. This probably isn't all that true, but the thing is, within the war, just when they "thought" they had killed Sadam, they went to fetch themselves some oil. Now you probably where never told about this, but it actually happened. It was broadcasted on Arabic TV. With footage of it happening, so theres some proof. It's disgusting though! Couldn't have they at least waited untill they claimed the war was over?

Hmm, theres a lot to say, but most of it will probably be useless to you.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2011
    DragonTrainer said:
    Looks like my own words put me down.But I think U.S. is the good guys no matter what anyone says.

Funny, I can't think of many other countries that have killed more innocent people in foreign conflicts than the United States.

Go the good guys! -_-;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back