• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my team

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2014
    Ok, well this team is meant for OU. On paper it looks pretty good, but I'm having issues with it anyway.

Smeargle, Focus Sash
    Jolly, Male
    Ability: Own Tempo
    252 SPD, 252 HP
    --Shift Gear
    --Quiver Dance
    --Spore
    --Baton Pass
    -Mr. Jack of all trades and definitely the master of none. However, definitely a great Baton Passer even though he's fragile. Since I have Special Attackers and Physical Attackers, he has 2 boosting moves he can pass. The idea is to Spore someone first and after Focus Sash takes its turn, the boosting comes in and then outspeeding everyone else, Baton Pass. Shift Gear is great. Boosting critical stats instead of 1 is always a plus and Krookodile benefits from it greatly. Quiver Dance is for my Special Attackers/Special Walls.

Weavile, Dark Gem
    Naughty, Male
    Ability: Pressure
    252 ATK, 252 SPD
    --Night Slash
    --Ice Shard
    --Fake Out
    --Brick Break
    -Weavile is my lead to help set up Smeargle. Its a hard lead to use because of his typing, but he's fast and strong and is able to break any Focus Sash with ease. After the Fake Out, Smeargle is there to Spore and then its up to Smeargle to set up. I usually run into a lot of Dragon types and Psychic types. That said, this type coverage has helped me more times than not.

Krookodile, Choice Scarf
    Female, Jolly
    Ability: Moxie
    252 SPD, 252 ATK
    --Stone Edge
    --Earthquake
    --Crunch
    --Dragon Claw
    -Fast, dangerous. The only female on the team and she's ready to pack some heat. With the boost she would get from Shift Gear, she'll destroy most that get in her way. Already outspeeding most others with Choice Scarf, but Shift Gear makes her that much faster and stronger. Great coverage and gernerally a great choice altogether.

Togekiss, Leftovers
    Male, Calm
    Ability: Serene Grace
    252 SP DEF, 252 HP
    --Thunder Wave
    --Protect
    --Air Slash
    --Aura Sphere
    -Not much to say about this. The standard set for Togekiss. The extra boost he gets from Smeargle's Quiver Dance is always great and makes Togekiss last longer to get the job done. Being able to wall others and inflict nice damage is always a plus. However, when paired with his great companion, Sigilyph they become a deadly duo.

Sigilyph, Flame Orb
    Male, Timid
    Ability: Magic Guard
    252 HP, 126 DEF, 126 SPD
    --Stored Power
    --Psycho Shift
    --Roost
    --Calm Mind
    -Easily one of my favorite Pokemon and such an amazing set. The ability to take no damage from any status changes and take no damage from Stealth Rock/Spikes/Toxic Spikes is great. And to make things better, he can place one of the nastiest status inflicters on one of his opponents and keep on doing it every turn while walling everyone with Calm Mind and being able to do massive damage as well. A really underrated Pokemon I think and great one to use if played well. When paired with Togekiss's "para-flinch", they make a very annoying duo and even deadly.

Infernape(*), Life Orb
    Male, Naive
    Ability: Blaze
    252 SPD, 252 SP ATK
    --Mach Punch
    --Heat Wave
    --Grass Knot
    --Hidden Power (ICE)
    -One of my favorite starters and the only Shiny on my team. Fast and strong, the boost he gets from Smeargle from any direction is always a plus for Infernape. Mach Punch is for much needed priority. Not too much to say. Most usually go with Close Combat, but that doesn't help when priority is needed.

And so that's my team. Opinions are welcomed. Please tell me how I can improve this team.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    On Infernape, go with Vacuum Wave instead of Mach Punch & a Modest/Timid nature - it'd boost the power of your priority AND you wouldn't be losing any spD in the mean time, considering how everything else is Special.

On Weavile, it's better to use Life Orb since Dark Gem isn't really doing you any favours if it only boosts one attack, whereas Life Orb can boost everything.

Also although you have a psychic and a flying type, you still have a major weakness to fighting - with your team being especially weak weak to Terrakion if Krookodile is out, and Virizion if Infernape is out (since they outspeed like everything else) and those two are pretty common in OU. To counter this, Gengar could work - because all Terrakion can do is Stone Edge, and if it's lucky enough to hit the other two, then chances are it'll probably miss on Gengar, etc. There's also the fact that with a base speed of 110 it outspeeds both of them unless they're scarved (actually scarved Terrakion would destroy your team even if Krookodile is in).

I suggest actually using one of the basic attacking Gengar sets, but you can go with either Psychic or Focus Blast. The latter would OHKO Terrakion/Virizion, but is prone to missing, whereas the former will 2HKO Terrakion if it hasn't used CC - but if it has (aka SD set), then it'll OHKO, but yeah for the guaranteed OHKO the latter is usually best but if you feel lucky, then yeaah (in regards to SE missing or CC not missing).

Gengar@Life Orb
    Timid
    4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Levitate
    - Substitute
    - Hidden Power Fire / Thunderbolt
    - Shadow Ball
    - Psychic / Focus Blast

Thaat's about all I can think of for now!

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I agree with Nica--go with Gengar. SubDisable or SubSplit are its most effective sets because the former screws with Pokemon that rely on 1 attack to hit Gengar while the latter can beat Blissey 1 on 1:
    -Substitute
    -Disable/Pain Split
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Leftovers/Life Orb

I don't think you should bother with Weavile; Scizor can KO it way too easily. Mienshao is a much better Fake Out user due to Regenerator:
    -Fake Out
    -Hi Jump Kick
    -U-turn
    -Stone Edge/Hidden Power (Ice)
    Nature: Jolly/Naive
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Regenerator

I'd use Roost (or Morning Sun) on Togekiss over Protect because it can't last long without a reliable recovery move.

If you want a more effective mixed Infernape set, try this; it's helped me out a few times in the Battle Subway:
    -Fire Blast/Overheat
    -Close Combat
    -Grass Knot/U-turn
    -Stone Edge/Mach Punch
    Nature: Hasty/Naive
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb

Back