• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Shattered Era [T]

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Maverick Renos

"Should we expect to see patrols similar to our own? or even exactly like our own, perhaps to throw us off? The fact they've managed to remain hidden this long, even if by a hole in the ground, can't be chalked up to just a game of Hide-and-Seek." Alice asked.

"Yes we should. If these enclaves are important to the Mechanists then they will likely be guarded. Many of you have already fought against these rebels in various parts of the forest in small groups. If this enclave acts a house or a storage system for them then we can expect to face a much higher number and no doubt multiple patrols around the site. Be on your guard at all times while we are there."

"General, I must ask, how many common knights are coming with us? This is an unknown location, and if it is real, I imagine we'll need a good many regular knights to claim this location." Famidus asked.

Maverick smirked, "Oh course we do Famidus. Many of the excess guards from other cities have already traveled here and we will be meeting with them once our we are done here. That also brings me back onto Caedmon's question. Once we get there we split into four different groups. Caedmon and myself will lead group one, Famidus will lead group two, Ludo will lead group three, and Alice will lead group four. We will divide the Knights evenly and it may be possible that we will be able to come at our foe at four different angles. Remember, these enclaves have never been discovered so the Mechanist patrols roaming around might be more relaxed than other patrols you have faced in the wilderness."

Maverick looked around waiting for more questions. When none were spoken he nodded his head, "Good." He place on his helmet once more and the psychic shield dissipated from the room. "Let us head out Knights." Maverick led the group outside and back into the lobby. It was then that he turned his head noticed the Council right on stairs. "Councilors, Orator." Maverick immediately bowed to them. Fergo smiled, "Arise Knights, we have just received a very important piece of information from the interrogation room. Apparently in every enclave there is a map detailing the location of other enclaves. Once you have led your forces inside Maverick your chief concern should be finding this map and securing it. It could prove to be an effective way of ending this war."

Urit suddenly pointed at a guard, "Hey you, get me a drink. I'm thirsty here!" Fergo frowned but continued on none the less, "Also, it would prove very invaluable if you are able to secure a prisoner for us. I am afraid that the prisoner we have does not know much about the other enclaves and it would be even greater if you can capture one of their own soldiers."

Joshua spoke up, "It has come to our attention that with a soldier we can gain a wealth of information concerning their military structure and how we can slip Knights through their ranks with ease."

Fergo nodded, "Do not fail us Maverick." Maverick bowed his head, "We will not Orator." Fergo and everyone, save Matthew, grabbed hold of an abra and were teleported away. The Alakazam approached Maverick, "A word Maverick, if you may." Maverick nodded, "Of course Councilor. Ludo head out and get the troops prepared, I'll be then in a few minutes."

Maverick followed after Matthew into a hallway. "Maverick, you don't have to be so formal, everyone knows we're good friends."

Maverick sighed, "Procedure. It's always about procedure."

Matthew chuckled, "Yes, well I was wondering what plans you had for tomorrow night."

Maverick sighed, "Well, all I have is this raid planned and that's it."

"Great! We're be going to Chef's Choice! I have seats and everything already arranged. Just a time to relax and talk."

Maverick looked up, "Don't you need to be up there right now?"

Matthew rolled his eyes, "They'll pass laws with or without me. Anyway how are your Knights doing?"

"Fine. I suspect there will be some anger once we don't find this 'enclave'"

Matthew chuckled, "That's to be expected. How is everything?" Maverick and Matthew spent only a few minutes talking before Maverick halted the conversation, "Matthew I must be going. The Knights will be getting impatient."

"Well, good luck my friend. Don't be so stiff around me, loosen up once in a while."

Maverick nodded and headed outside. The streets were busy with commoners running around. Merchants were selling their wares that were on display and young boys ran around delivering mail or packages. All kinds of pokemon walked the streets and as Maverick moved forward the crowds moved around him. It didn't take long for him to arrive at the gate entrance. He saw his Knights and the extras the Council had promised were already gathered. "Knights let us embark." He signaled the gate keeper and the large wooden doors opened as he led the Knights out of the city.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Damon Malruth

"I have a bad feeling about this." Alexander said. Urta grunted, more as a warning for Alexander to stay quiet. Damon walked back to the table, his paws shaking with the glass of water he held, "Oh, nothing else could go wrong. I mean look around, we have everyone here, except for a few people, and as long as no one messes up we won't look like complete fools."

It was at that moment that a Togetic that fell onto the ground with an audible thud. Damon groaned and covered his face, "We're so dead!" Utra rolled her eyes and walked over to the medic that most of the room was staring at and gave him a nice kick to the face. If that didn't wake him up, then nothing would. Damon was starting to hyperventilate at this point, "Nothing else can go wrong. It'll be impossible for anything else to go wrong."

Damon practically gulped down his glass in one go and was stopped from getting another by Urta, "That's your sixth glass Damon. Sit down and just smile. It's what everyone expects you to do."

Riley appeared out of the doorway and walked back to the podium. Everyone sat down as the Tyrogue smiled, "Greetings everyone! Thank you all for coming out here today. We have a short presentation for you so please hold all questions after we're done." The lights dimmed and a projector screen appeared on the wall. "Many of you don't know the political situation in the cities right now. Three years ago a Alakazam by the name of Matthew was elected to the Council." A picture of an Alakazam appeared. "He is young, very young and holds different ideas from the rest of the Council. Many of his ideas are very close to those held by us. He is considered radical but loved by the populace, especially those discriminated against. He is the pokemon we have been waiting for. Five years ago we sent an agent to infiltrate the city of Markus with one goal in mind. To get close to the Council. He succeeded and for the past two years he has sent us information dealing with the layout of the Council Chambers."

Damon frowned, layout, why would they need to know that? "This plan has been five years in the making and today we enact it! We have been living in the darkness for far too long. This world belongs to us as well! Our plan is a simple one. None of the Councilors know how we live, they know nothing about us. All they hear are stories and rumors. We need someone with an open mind, like Matthew to understand how we work. If we can get him to understand what we really are like then we can plant a seed. It will take time for him to eventually rise to the rank of Orator, but he will be a great ally once he does! What we are about to do today is going to change history!" Riley looked over the pokemon, "We are going to capture this councilor!"

Damon had managed to sneak off and get another glass of water, which he had just been drinking when the Tyrogue made his announcement. Damon spat out his water and stared slack jawed at Riley. Urta was also taken by surprise as was everyone else. For a few seconds there was just silence until Damon lost his grip on the glass he held and it shattered against the floor.

Damon was pulled out of his trance and his body began to shake. Without warning he leaped onto the podium and grabbed the Tyrogue by the shoulder and dragged him into another room and slammed the door behind him. Riley sighed, "Damon I know you're a little upset-" Damon turned around and slashed his claws across Riley's chest causing the Tyrogue to stagger back.

"UPSET!? UPSET! YOU COME HERE AND EXPECT ME TO BE UPSET!? I'M FURIOUS! YOU BRING ALL THESE NOBLE POKEMON TOGETHER JUST TO DIE OUT THERE!? THIS IS A F**KING SUICIDE MISSION YOU F**ING PIG! YOU WANT VOLUNTEERS TO DIE, THEN ASK FOR THEM! DON'T YOU F**KING LIE TO THEM YOU B**TARD! YOU ARE A SON OF A **TCH TO FORCE THIS JUST NOW! YOU DIDN'T EVEN F**KING TELL ME! THESE ARE MY MEN AND WOMEN, NOT YOURS! DO YOU KNOW WHAT WE F**KING GO THROUGH EACH AND EVERY DAY!? DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIME WE ESCAPE F**KING DEATH!? AND YOU WANT TO SEND US RIGHT INTO THE F**KING CAPITAL!? YOU PIECE OF S**T!

Utra opened the door and stepped inside looking gravely concerned. She had a right to be, Damon had never cused before. "Damon, everyone can hear you-"

"WELL THEY HAVE A F**KING RIGHT TO! THIS B**TARD DESERVES THEM A F**KING EXPLANATION!" It was then that Damon blasted out every single cuss word know to man and a few only know to pokemon. The soldiers in the presentation room looked extremely uncomfortable as they could hear each and every word that Damon practically screamed. Most were shocked, Damon was not know for using such language, but still, to hear their leader say such things, and even to someone as high up as Riley, just reinforced how much he cared about his soldiers.

Damon finished his rant and was left gasping at the end. Riley closed his eyes and talked slowly, "Damon... I have a plan. It is a plan that has been worked on for five years, even longer than that. We have technology necessary to pull this off. Understand me, I am giving you everything we have stored in the vaults. The stuff that's off limits we're going to be using today. I know there will be casualties, but I have had council with all of my supervisors. We know that this is the right path to take. To establish a future for our children and their children where they don't have to hid anymore. I've give you some time to calm down and then you can either let me go back out and tell everyone what we're going to do, or you can tell me to leave and I will."

Damon took in deep breaths as he considered Riley's words.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Caedmon Yeonart
Markus

While the short meeting continued going, Caedmon let his gaze brush across the room, spotting both familiar and unfamiliar faces. Even though he had never spoken directly to either Famidus or Alice, he at least knew of them and the specific reasons for them to having their ranks. Most of the other assembled knights and commanders, Caedmon had had a first-hand impression of.

He nodded a little at the various questions, acknowledging every one of them as important enough to be discussed, though even if he hadn't, it wasn't his place to say so, since Maverick was in command. As the meeting was wrapped up, Caedmon still seemed rather easec up, but never one hundred percent. There was an air of calm and relaxation about him, but a few different signs showed that he was rather alert at all times. A small twitch of a paw here, a flick of his ear there, all very small things.

As they went out into the meeting hall, he looked up towards the balcony as Maverick had, and promptly bowed his head deeply, allowing Maverick to lead the word. He lifted his head again, folding his arms across his chest, but yet again, stayed quiet, listening to the orders given. Capture at least one enemy soldier, and get their map. He was happy for the new information, however useless it might be if this was indeed another dud.

When Matthew approached Maverick, it didn't come as a big surprise to Caedmon. He was used to them talking together in private, being friends and all. Caedmon was a bit unsure of Matthew's intentions on the council, but he knew that he meant things well. As Ludo was ordered to prepare the troops, an emotion crept across his face, though he managed to hide it fairly well afterwards. It wasn't annoyance or anger of not being picked to prepare them, nor was it frustration. He, for a few moments, had looked amused and curious.

He gave a little nod to himself, sending the Mienshao a glance along with a smile as if to say "Let's see what you can do" before turning, moving outside and following the remainder of the group to the city gates. As they arrived, he folded his paws behind his back, turning around to peer into the city, his ears twitching a little as he seemingly stared off into nothingness. He liked listening to the sounds and feel the air in his fur at times like this. When he could enjoy it to the fullest.

Last edited:

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
Luna Dyseris

"... and please greet Mr. Riley Richards!" Charlie ended in his monotonous voice. A Tyrogue walked up onto the stage and said, "Thank you all for coming out here. I have a very special presentation for you all. I still see we have some soldiers coming in so we'll set aside some time before we begin the presentation. There's more than enough food set aside, so please help yourselves. We'll give you all ten minutes before we begin." Maybe I've heard of him before, Luna thought while the Tyrogue walked off the stage, or not. I guess, if I have, I just forgot. Ten minutes huh? Well, that's long enough for me to get some more stuff. She got up and got an apple from the stand. She juggle it with her mind while walking back to her seat. As she was about to take a bite, a Togetic fell asleep and collapsed. An apple rolled away from the fallen medic, which prompted Luna to examine her apple closely before taking a bite. Urta went over and kicked the Togetic in his face. If he were awake, he'd probably be yelling in pain, she thought and took another bite of the apple, I'll go help out if he still doesn't wake up.

Just then, Mr. Riley Richards came back and walked to the podium. "Greetings everyone!" he said, "Thank you all for coming out here today. We have a short presentation for you so please hold all questions after we're done." The lights dimmed and a projector screen appeared on the wall. "Many of you don't know the political situation in the cities right now. Three years ago a Alakazam by the name of Matthew was elected to the Council." Luna knew that as she had lived in the city. No one in the Council really listened to him, and if they did, they didn't agree with him. "He is young, very young and holds different ideas from the rest of the Council. Many of his ideas are very close to those held by us. He is considered radical but loved by the populace, especially those discriminated against. He is the pokemon we have been waiting for. Five years ago we sent an agent to infiltrate the city of Markus with one goal in mind. To get close to the Council. He succeeded and for the past two years he has sent us information dealing with the layout of the Council Chambers. This plan has been five years in the making and today we enact it! We have been living in the darkness for far too long. This world belongs to us as well! Our plan is a simple one. None of the Councilors know how we live, they know nothing about us. All they hear are stories and rumors. We need someone with an open mind, like Matthew to understand how we work. If we can get him to understand what we really are like then we can plant a seed. It will take time for him to eventually rise to the rank of Orator, but he will be a great ally once he does! What we are about to do today is going to change history! We are going to capture this councilor!" Riley Richards exclaimed.

All eyes in the room were riveted on Riley in shock, surprise, and whatever else they were feeling. Why would we have to kidnap Matthew? Luna thought, appalled, If we capture him by fighting the Knights, I doubt we'll make a good impression on him. And I don't think that'll make it easier for him to swallow our ideas. Especially if we- The sound of glass shattering broke into Luna's thoughts and she suddenly became aware that Damon had dragged Riley into a separate room. Damon was swearing like a sailor. Luna was surprised, but understood why he was going over the top. If this plan wasn't good, there'd quite literally be blood on the floor.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Ribibin Triss - Markus

While Maverick answered more questions, Ribibin calmed down and sat waiting patiently. She was going to be a good, obeying soldier. She had to, otherwise women didn't last long here.

"Good." Maverick place on his helmet once more and the psychic shield dissipated from the room. "Let us head out Knights." With that, he led the knights out from the meeting room. Ribibin fell into the line of knights without caring who she stood beside. She noticed, however, that is was Tesus. Another Grovyle who looked nothing like Maverick. Tesus skin was black like the night and his leaves were red. Ribibin just gave him an acknowledging nod before turning her head forward again. Something about him was certainly intimidating. Maybe the scars or maybe just... never mind.

Just then, the council descended from the stairs. Maverick immediately bowed to them and Ribibin who was now pretty close behind the commander did the same on impulse. She sneak peeked up at the councilors. They all had such majestic looks and pompous faces... wait, what was she thinking? She shook the thoughts off. Something was off for her today, she was edgy. Not a good day to start an important mission on... a small part of her hoped that the mission would only be based on mere rumors just because of that.

The Orator himself, Fergus, smiled and spoke. "Arise Knights, we have just received a very important piece of information from the interrogation room." Ribibin got up and dared to look up at the Gengar's large face. "Apparently in every enclave there is a map detailing the location of other enclaves. Once you have led your forces inside Maverick your chief concern should be finding this map and securing it. It could prove to be an effective way of ending this war."

Obviously, Ribibin thought. If she would find that map, they would surely find her useful and a good knight... or someone of her male colleagues would take the map and pretend that they found it. Probably. She shook her head slightly again. There she was again today with these thoughts. She was being even more pessimistic than usual. Then Urit, the Swampert on the council, suddenly commanded a guard to get a drink for him. Typical, the Weavile still allowed herself to think.

"Also, it would prove very invaluable if you are able to secure a prisoner for us," the Orator continued. Now, Ribibin's ear sharpened. "I am afraid that the prisoner we have does not know much about the other enclaves and it would be even greater if you can capture one of their own soldiers."

Joshua, a Breelom on the council that Ribibin disliked especially for his views on poor people, then spoke up. "It has come to our attention that with a soldier we can gain a wealth of information concerning their military structure and how we can slip Knights through their ranks with ease."

She almost wanted to sigh. Again, obviously! A clever woman could have thought up these so called plans ages ago. But these... no, she would stay calm. Gosh, she needed to get out and get some fresh air. She needed to get out of town. That was probably why she was being so easily annoyed; she hadn't left Markus in quite a while. Hoping nobody saw it, she closed her eyes for a while, calming herself down.

When she opened her eyes again, it was just in time to see Maverick tell them to set off, outside and through the now lively streets of Markus, towards their fateful mission.​

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
Years
Seth, sitting down in the sidelines, found the convention very boring. He had finished his salad, leaving only one poor, lonely lettuce on his plate. This was done purposefully, as Seth tried to tear it with his fork into halves, then fourths, then eighths, then sixteenths, and eventually nothing but shreds. His drowsiness began to dawn on him again, and he yawned numerous times while doing this very strange activity. When he was sure each lettuce piece was no bigger than an atom, he finally gave up. Slumped down on the table, he looked around.

The convention center was loud with various idle chatters from one Pokemon to another, and now that he paid attention to these chatters he had to perpetually cover his ears to avoid being attacked by the noise. As he did, he noticed the Declarum Force leader, Damon Malruth, eyeing him as he passed by. Oh no. Is he onto me? Did someone break into my house and find my armor? Oh god, oh god, oh god I'm doomed! were the words that first ran through his mind as the Linoone walked by him. But then he gave Seth a smile, a sincere, reassuring one, confirming that he did not, in fact, know that Seth was a spy for the Knights of the Oran. "Whoa, that gave me a heart attack..." Seth mumbled to himself in a low volume.

Seth's eyes continued to follow Damon as he went towards a table with Urta, the Declarum Force's second-in-command and an Aggron sitting on it. Damon began talking with them, and after a while Seth decided that it was safe enough to abandon his watch of the Linoone. His attention shifted back to his poor lettuce, and he began to tear it into even smaller pieces until the convention center door slammed open and let a Porygon float in. Seth has put many grueling hours studying this Porygon called Charlie, and as a result he knew that he was an important asset to the Declarum Forces. If Seth could...disable Charlie without anyone else knowing, it would surely bear a grave consequence to the Declarum Forces' strength. Seth should probably do that when he has absolutely earned their trust, though.

"Greetings Declarum Forces. Please remain seated and please greet Mr. Riley Richards!" the Porygon announced as he made way for a Tyrogue. Riley Richards, the leader of the Mechanists. Seth's eyes widened at his presence as he wondered what such an important figure was doing there. Perhaps it was to uncover a spy amongst their ranks, namely Seth? Sweat began materializing on the Flygon's forehead and subsequently rolled down like a waterfall.

However, it turned out that what the Tyrogue was about to do was in fact nothing of the sort. Instead, he walked onto the podium, put on a smile and said, "Greetings everyone! Thank you all for coming out here today. We have a short presentation for you so please hold all questions after we're done." The lights dimmed and a projector screen appeared on the wall. "Many of you don't know the political situation in the cities right now. Three years ago a Alakazam by the name of Matthew was elected to the Council." A picture of the Alakazam, Matthew, materialized on the screen. Seth's eyes widened. "He is young, very young and holds different ideas from the rest of the Council. Many of his ideas are very close to those held by us. He is considered radical but loved by the populace, especially those discriminated against. He is the pokemon we have been waiting for. Five years ago we sent an agent to infiltrate the city of Markus with one goal in mind. To get close to the Council. He succeeded and for the past two years he has sent us information dealing with the layout of the Council Chambers." I think first you should worry about the agent within your own ranks, Seth thought to himself, smirking. Still, why would Riley himself need to assemble and attend a convention for a little teaching session? There's gotta be more.

Turns out, Seth was right. "This plan has been five years in the making and today we enact it! We have been living in the darkness for far too long. This world belongs to us as well! Our plan is a simple one. None of the Councilors know how we live, they know nothing about us. All they hear are stories and rumors. We need someone with an open mind, like Matthew to understand how we work. If we can get him to understand what we really are like then we can plant a seed. It will take time for him to eventually rise to the rank of Orator, but he will be a great ally once he does! What we are about to do today is going to change history!" Riley looked over the Pokemon, apparently about to announce the history-changing event the Mechanists were about to initiate. "We are going to capture this councilor!"

F***.How do I tell the others on such short notice? was the thought that first crossed Seth's mind. This was an outrageous plan that had to be prevented at all costs. His ability of flight meant that he could outrun the troops any day, but how could he make a single wingbeat ahead of the troops without being suspicious?

Seth's silent reverie was interrupted by muzzled sounds of Damon unleashing his rage at Riley. Seth never thought Damon was one to cuss, but boy was he wrong. He spat out all the swear words in Seth's vocabulary, and then some. He was truly angry--it shows how much he cared about his soldiers, and Seth admired that. Still, if he was going to go through with this plan, he is forced to take certain measures.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years

Ken Bala

Ken finally woke up and sat in the same tree he slept in, adjusting his armor to make sure nothing would go wrong later in the day.

"Alright," he started. "Guess it's time to get to the convention center." He grabbed himself a berry out of the branches below him and took a bite. Almost immediately after he finished it and stood up, Ken stretched his arms out and flew through the trees, jumping between branches like they were solid ground. It didn't take long for him to reach the Birch Enclave, either, he just had to slip past a couple Council cities, then he dived into the Birch entrance.

The Knights seem to be slacking off today. There were fewer patrols roaming around, and Ken didn't know they were in their own meeting. Shadow Sneak in, and Ken popped up behind Alex, the taoist Aggron. "So what'd I--" he almost finished asking what he missed when there was shouting nearby. In another room, and by Damon Malruth, specifically.

"...IDN'T EVEN F**KING TELL ME! THESE ARE MY MEN AND WOMEN, NOT YOURS! DO YOU KNOW WHAT WE F**KING GO THROUGH EACH AND EVERY DAY!? DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES WE ESCAPE F**KING DEATH!? AND YOU WANT TO SEND US RIGHT INTO THE F**KING CAPITAL!? YOU PIECE OF S**T!"

"Nevermind," Ken muttered, "I'll ask later." He shivered when he heard curse words of all kinds, even those that humans likely would never understand. Could've sworn there was one or two known only to Linoone's evolutionary line, too.

Alice

When the head commander finished answering all the questions, he placed his helmet on as carefully as he removed it earlier and commanded us to head out. Right in the lobby were the Council members and the Orator himself. She instantly dropped a knee and lowered her head, rising when the Knights were told to.

"Apparently," Fergo started, "in every enclave there is a map detailing the location of other enclaves. Once you have led your forces inside, Maverick, your chief concern should be finding this map and securing it. It could prove to be an effective way of ending this war." The Absol didn't have any reason to disagree until she started thinking of it. Access to the other enclaves could knock the Mechanists down a peg. However, she knew the Council for being hasty to a fault. "Do not fail us, Maverick." Fergo finished and grabbed hold of an Abra, alongside the other Councilors, and was Teleported away. Matthew remained behind, however.

Until he walked off with the commander, Alice thought of thanking him; the Alakazam was one damn good reason she became a Knight-Commander. That brought up his tact, too. If he managed to get a woman in a ranking position through Maverick, there's no doubt he'd manage to keep the Council's war-related actions under control.

She pulled herself back to what Councilor Joshua, the not-so-likable Breloom, noted: Imprisoning a Mechanist soldier could get them information on slipping Knights in their militia. Quick on his feet but slow on the draw, apparently. Alice eyed a Weavile; Ribibin Triss, and she was clearly ticked by Joshua. At least Fergo had usable information, but Josh did little more than state the obvious. And even without a soldier, it probably wouldn't be difficult to just get some symbol-lacking armor and act like you ditched for the Mechanist lifestyle. She wasn't surprised if that's what a few more knowledgable soldiers were doing right now.

As Maverick led the Knights out of the city, the Absol enjoyed the light of the sun on her coat as her specific group organized itself around her. About 95% of the members in her group were women; should've expected that. Only a masochistic man would accept a woman, let alone one that's only 23, commanding him. Doubtful that many women wanted any of the men commanding them, either.

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Maverick Renos

Maverick led his Knights some way from the city until they were out of site and he stopped on the dirt road that led the way to each city. "Knight-Commanders pick your respective Knights to accompany you. Knights... relax." Immediately the Knights broke free from the stiff posture they had been holding and were stretching their bodies or just talking among themselves. Maverick nodded, "It's some time before we'll get to this enclave. For now let's take it at a relaxed pace." Maverick led the group on while the Knights just continued their own social activities.

Maverick turned to Caedmon, "Do you think this one is real?"

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Damon Malruth

Damon took in another deep breath and then looked up at Riley with narrowed eyes. "I hate what you did just now. But, if it will help us achieve independence, then I will help. But, I do this my way!"

Riley smiled, "All right, everything you need is up on the podium."

Damon muttered another curse as he walked out of the room and placed his front paws on the podium. Before he could speak every pokemon in the room started to clap. The Linoone flushed and help up his front paws and waited for the applause to die down. "Thank you all coming here today. From this point on there will be no more lies, no more deceit, no more false pretenses. If you don't like what you hear you can leave any time you want. I only want those who want to undertake this journey, not those who are forced to."

Damon looked around and began to flip through the papers before him. "Alright. Like Riley said this plan has been in action for a long time. We've gotten blueprints of the area. Luckily we've been able to teleport psychic's into our spy's house and have used the spy's memories to reconstruct this-" The slide behind him changed to show a blueprint of the third floor of the Council Chambers. "We will be teleporting in here." The area near the stairs was circled in red. "We can't teleport too close to where the Councilors are since there are Knights guarding that area. If we do, then we'll end up teleporting right into the Knights. For those of you who know about teleporting you've heard that psychics can sometimes teleport themselves into a wall, well imagine being teleported to where you merge with another being." He let that sink in before he continued, "The plan looks simple. We'll go in as a group. The inventors have apparently made smoke bombs for us to use. You've all seen the old human movies to know what these do. We'll smoke the group of Knights, rush past them and smoke the Councilors. Once we do we run in, grab and subdue Matthew and meet back up as a group."

He looked under the podium and pulled out a mask, "We'll be wearing these babies. They have-" He looked back down at the notes, "-Heat sensors and... air filtration. Nice. The smoke won't affect us at all."

He put down the mask and looked around the room. "Now, the deciding factor." He took in a deep breath, "I need to know who will come. Know this before you raise your hands!" He said in a raised voice, "Many of us will die. The Knights will kill us in close quarters. There is a very strong chance that half of us that leave today will never see this place again. You will never come back home. But," Damon sighed, "there is also a chance that we can make our world better. That this could be the chance for us to come out of our holes, to find a place for our children and their children! This day could very well be the day we make history! We could show those in the cities who are too afraid to speak up that they can make a difference! This could be the spark for those who disagree with the Council, for those who are discriminated against, for those who live their lives in fear! So I ask you my friends, who will stand with me!?"

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Caedmon Yeonart
On the road again (♫)​

It didn't take long for Maverick to return, and all the while until he had, Caedmon had been glancing around rather idly, enjoying the sights and sounds around him and the other knights, sending occasional glances or smiles to the others.

Now walking along the dirt road, Caedmon kept his walk a rather leisurely stroll, though moving forwards at quite a decent pace none the less, the air of relaxed determination over him as always, even after Maverick had told the remaining knights to relax.

Caedmon strolled alongside Maverick, glancing around himself, his ears twitching a little and his tail wavering in the air behind him rather idly, moving in a rather wavey manner. As Maverick addressed him, he turned his head, raising his brows slightly before looking forwards once more, brows furrowing in slight thought.

"Maybe. It's tough to say based on rumors and the inane ramblings of a long-since maddened prisoner, but the council –does- seem very sure that this is the real deal. It is a long time since they sent the both of us as well as a couple of commanders towards a possible site for an enclave… so perhaps. Only time will tell."

He gave a faint shrug of his shoulders, glancing back at the other knights for a moment, catching the Absol, Alice's, gaze for a moment before looking ahead again, his paws folded on his back. His eyes then gained a faint, blue tinge as he began expanding his telepathic abilities, moving it out towards the nearby trees, bushes and hills, trying to discern whether or not any Pokémon were nearby. Obviously, the further out he moved his search for other minds and auras, the weaker it would become. That, and his attention towards this was only on an instinctive level, focusing on his sorroundings.

Discordant Harmony

Dispensing Donuts
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 28, 2014
Lying on the ground, Chauncey was blissfully unaware of the eyes upon him after his fall. The apple had rolled away from the sleeping Togetic, coming to a rest in the corner. Not so much asleep as knocked out, there were no dreams, just a strange serene emptiness that he didn't really want to leave. It was like lying in a bed at night, in the dark, just lying there thinking about nothing, and not wanting to move. His involuntary rest was soon interrupted by a kick to the face that knocked him straight up into a sitting position. Grabbing his face, Chauncey still looked out of it from the powder. It took a moment for him to really register what was going on, and he quickly got up, looking embarrassed, "Oh, sorry." The Togetic quickly picked up the Nanab berries and went back to his seat.

Soon, Riley came back out on stage, and Chauncey looked up. "Greetings everyone! Thank you all for coming out here today. We have a short presentation for you so please hold all questions after we're done." Chauncey quietly watched the presentation as the lights went dark and a projector screen came up. "Many of you don't know the political situation in the cities right now. Three years ago a Alakazam by the name of Matthew was elected to the Council." A picture, presumably of said Council member, appeared. "He is young, very young and holds different ideas from the rest of the Council. Many of his ideas are very close to those held by us. He is considered radical but loved by the populace, especially those discriminated against. He is the pokemon we have been waiting for. Five years ago we sent an agent to infiltrate the city of Markus with one goal in mind. To get close to the Council. He succeeded and for the past two years he has sent us information dealing with the layout of the Council Chambers. This plan has been five years in the making and today we enact it! We have been living in the darkness for far too long. This world belongs to us as well! Our plan is a simple one. None of the Councilors know how we live, they know nothing about us. All they hear are stories and rumors. We need someone with an open mind, like Matthew to understand how we work. If we can get him to understand what we really are like then we can plant a seed. It will take time for him to eventually rise to the rank of Orator, but he will be a great ally once he does! What we are about to do today is going to change history!"

Chauncey was anticipating what came next as Riley looked around. If he'd called literally everyone out here to 'change history', there were only so many things he could mean. Bracing himself, Chauncey listened to Riley's announcement: "We are going to capture this councilor!" The entire room was in a dead silence as it sunk in to everyone. Then, Damon suddenly grabbed Riley and dragged him away. The closed door did nothing to help stop the stream of curses and shouting that began flowing out from the room, and Chauncey did his best to ignore it, nibbling nervously at a Nanab berry. It wasn't long before Urta went in to intervene, but only seemed to spark a dramatic reading of a very colorful dictionary. When the leader of the Declarum Forces finally emerged from the room, a wave of applause followed. Though he joined in, Chauncey's sheepish clapping would have been barely audible even in silence. Once the noise died down, Damon addressed the room.

"Thank you all coming here today. From this point on there will be no more lies, no more deceit, no more false pretenses. If you don't like what you hear you can leave any time you want. I only want those who want to undertake this journey, not those who are forced to." There was a pause as Damon looked over the notes on the podium, "Alright. Like Riley said this plan has been in action for a long time. We've gotten blueprints of the area. Luckily we've been able to teleport psychic's into our spy's house and have used the spy's memories to reconstruct this-" The projector displayed what appeared to be blueprints for the Council Chamber. "We will be teleporting in here." The area near the stairs was circled in red. "We can't teleport too close to where the Councilors are since there are Knights guarding that area. If we do, then we'll end up teleporting right into the Knights. For those of you who know about teleporting you've heard that psychics can sometimes teleport themselves into a wall, well imagine being teleported to where you merge with another being." Chauncey shuddered at the idea, rubbing the mark on his face where Urta had kicked him and imagining that only a hundred times worse and with no painkillers. "The plan looks simple. We'll go in as a group. The inventors have apparently made smoke bombs for us to use. You've all seen the old human movies to know what these do. We'll smoke the group of Knights, rush past them and smoke the Councilors. Once we do we run in, grab and subdue Matthew and meet back up as a group."

Damon took out a mask from the podium to display for the gathered soldiers, explaining how it would allow them to function in the smoke. Once he put it down, the leader took a deep breath and the room was quiet, Chauncey shifting in his chair and feeling uneasy. "I need to know who will come. Know this before you raise your hands!" The speech grew louder, and Chauncey could feel the atmosphere in the convention center grow more intense, "Many of us will die. The Knights will kill us in close quarters. There is a very strong chance that half of us that leave today will never see this place again. You will never come back home. But," Damon sighed, "there is also a chance that we can make our world better. That this could be the chance for us to come out of our holes, to find a place for our children and their children! This day could very well be the day we make history! We could show those in the cities who are too afraid to speak up that they can make a difference! This could be the spark for those who disagree with the Council, for those who are discriminated against, for those who live their lives in fear! So I ask you my friends, who will stand with me!?"

Remaining in his seat, the Togetic glanced around at the others as if looking for someone else to take the first step and volunteer. Knowing his medicine and barriers might be the thing that decides whether someone lives or dies, even just one person, Chauncey had no doubt in his mind that he was going. Once at least one other person had stood, Chauncey did likewise; it wasn't in his nature to try and lead. It was humiliating enough to have collapsed in the back of the room, and now everyone knew who he was. 'The guy who fell asleep at the big meeting'. So that it would be visible with his relatively short height that he was volunteering, the young medic stood up on his chair at full height and waited, looking at the ground and trying to avoid eye contact with anyone.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Ribibin Triss

The Weavile stood still while Maverick announced that they were getting divided into groups now. She then wasted no time in walking over to the Absol Alice's side. The female Knight-Commander was someone who Ribibin certainly respected and even admired to some extent. What she had achieved wasn't what just anyone could do. As a female, that is. Males seemed to think that they could do anything.

"Requesting permission to join your group, Knight-Commander," she said in a formal way when she reached the Absol, and made the slightest bow with her head. She then gave her superior a small, relaxed smile, mostly because there wasn't really any reason why she couldn't do that. It wasn't just because Alice was a female that Ribibin wanted to be in her group. There were other Knight-Commanders that the Weavile respected as well, Caedmon the Lucario for example. But the Absol had a clever mind and if anyone could find this possible enclave, Ribibin believed it would be Alice.​

TornZero

Years

Ken Bala

Birch Enclave

Damon talked about teleporting directly into the Council's Chambers, (not so) elaborate smoke bombing, and straight-up Pokénapping. The Linoone introduced smoke bombs and a mask to the conference room, notifying everyone of the air filters and heat sensors built in the latter. He took a deep breath, telling people that they may not come back alive. He gave his forces the chance to fall out before they were dragged into something they thought was too risky.

"This could be the spark for those who disagree with the Council, for those who are discriminated against, for those who live their lives in fear! So I ask you my friends, who will stand with me!?"

Ken stood straight, feeling his supply of distractive pellets could be useful, and he raised his arm high for all to see. In his loudest (non-threatening) tone, he uttered, "Count me in."

Alice

Markus to Kanto Enclave

"Knight-Commanders: pick your respective Knights to accompany you," Maverick said. Ribibin Triss was one of the first to approach Alice, and having a clever Weavile under her command was pleasing. Ribibin was notably the faster of the two, as well, and even Alice knew that since Agility one of her strengths, but the Absol would triumph in power. Hard to tell which one would win considering their strategies. She respected Ribibin's self-care, too, which certainly didn't hurt.

"Granted, Triss. And... 'Alice', please. You're as worthy a Knight as myself; rank doesn't change that." Of course, the rank didn't do too badly for her self-esteem. Noticing the detail put into the Weavile's armor, though more the symbol of the Knights-- the Oran berry-- on it, Alice thought of something. It was doubtful that The Demon would fail to pick up on this, if he paid attention.

The Mechanists wear armor, too. Quite a bit like ours. Caedmon caught Alice's eye for a moment when he was looking back at everyone, before he turned ahead again to keep talking with Maverick. Other Knights approached her to join her group one by one, most of them women. A few of them were men, either trying to outshine her for her position, or believing they'd get turned down by the other Knight-Commanders. All of the latter were only capable of certain jobs like protecting, healing and hiding, and Alice didn't have a problem with that. She'd make use of them just as well as Famidus made use of offensive Knights.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Ribibin Triss

Ribibin nodded as a thanks for being accepted into Alice's group. The Absol was a bit annoyingly loyal to the rules, but as a Knight, Ribibin guessed that she should be glad for that. Loyalty and truth were two good things. She did, however, ask Ribibin to call her Alice instead of Knight-Commander. Ribibin only contemplated it for a second, before she nodded. "Alice," she said.

She took a look around at the forming groups and the forest around them. The rooftops of Markus could still be seen some ways away. This close to the city, no enclave would likely be. Means they had some way to walk still.

"I have a good feeling about this, actually," she admitted to the Absol. "It feels like something important is about to happen today. And trust me, madam, I don't get this feeling often. Though maybe I've just been..." She hesitated. She was about to say that she had been bored being stationed in Markus for so long, but maybe that would be to cross the line for what was appropriate to say to your superior, even if you're allowed to call her Alice. "I've been restless lately. It's good to get out of the city and feel the nature around me again. Don't you think?" she instead asked with a calm smile.​

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
Luna Dyseris
Luna joined the clapping when Damon stepped on the podium, but only clapped three times. She would always do that when someone, no matter who, got up to speak. If no one else clapped, she would still clap three times. This habit has gotten her many interesting looks when she was at school, but she kept at it. After a while, the applause died down and an embarrassed looking Damon started speaking. He started out with what sounded ominously like a warning, then began to explain the plan. When the slide changed, Luna suddenly had a sense of deja vu. I've seen these blueprints before, thought Luna as she listened to the rest of Damon's speech, albeit a little distractedly. Where had she seen them before? It bugged her, but she was still able to focus mainly on the Linoone explaining the plan. He pulled out a mask from under the podium and pointed out its uses. Coolio, she thought when she heard him say air filtration.

The plan seemed, well, simple as Damon had said. She didn't have a problem with the invasion part of the plan, but she did have a little problem with the kidnapping. She still thought that the kidnapping was a bit crude, but if it worked... And how would they convince him to their ways? Plant a seed they said, but what if they plant the wrong seed? Kidnapping Matthew would give him the wrong impression. And unless they're very convincing when they start to try convincing him of their ideals, things can go very wrong.

But there wasn't much time for Luna to ponder her questions as Damon had just asked who would go with him. A Gallade, Ken as Luna remembered, stood up first and volunteered. Not long after, the Togetic who had fallen down before the plan was explained stood up, but very few people noticed him due to his short stature. Despite her doubts about the plan, Luna stood up as well. She'd worry about it after she came back. If she came back.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Maverick Renos

"Perhaps you're right Caedmon. I just hope the others don't get too mad this time. I don't think any of them would be keen on wasting another three hours trudging through the forest." The group continued forward with Maverick correcting their path every so often. It was a good hour later and the group was almost close to the enclave, or so Maverick hoped. The only good thing about being in the forest was that the trees sheltered them from the sun's heat. Maverick suddenly stopped. He heard something. Suddenly there was a loud click. On instinct Maverick rolled to the side behind a tree as the spot he had been standing exploded with electricity. That must have been a signal because many more clicks sounded throughout the forest as more guns were fired in their direction.

"Ambush!" Shouted Maverick. Many of the Knights quickly took cover behind the trees save for one or two that ended up getting shot at once or twice before they managed to find cover. "Knight-Commanders, lead your troops as you see fit! For those without a Knight-Commander, follow my lead!" Maverick narrowed his eyes as he looked at where the attacks were coming from before he dashed to another tree. As he moved he let out a Screech at the attackers momentarily stunning them.

The bullets stopped flying and Maverick raised his voice, "Knights, act while the time is ripe!" Maverick dashed forward and saw a small group of about twenty Mechanists. Most of them looked pretty weak. Maverick quickly formed a Leaf Blade and slashed the throat of a Croagunk as well as quickly grabbing a Marshtomp and breaking her neck. The Mechanists shook off the effects of his screech and began to fire their weapons once more but Maverick quickly dashed behind a tree.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Damon Malruth

Damon looked among the crowd. One hand popped up. The Togetic who had passed out earlier. Then another, a Gallade. Another, this one was a Kirlia. Then a few more hands popped up. Damon counted. Thirteen in all. Thirteen. Damon smiled from the podium, "Thank you all for your participation. For everyone else, you may leave now."

Most of the soldiers got up to leave. Some were talking to those who raised their hands, no doubt trying to get them to reconsider. Others were hugging them and some looked saddened. Damon stood near the podium as the volunteers began to form around him. "Alright, some of you don't have your weapons on you so we'll give everyone thirty minutes. Go out, get your weapons and anything else you'll need. We'll meet right outside the convention center. We'll have the gear there as well so once you come back get suited up. That's all."

The soldiers began to disperse as Urta walked up to him. "So, going in hot?"

Damon nodded, "Yeah."

The two were silent. "Well, let's make sure everything's prepared then."

Damon nodded. There were some boxes in the storage closet that contained everything they needed. Damon just sat on the ground. He pulled out a mask and tried it on. It pulled at his fur, but it would protect him from the gas. Damon pulled it off, "So, how many will die?"

Urta turned away. Damon just sighed again and stared at the floor, waiting for the volunteers to come back, although he wouldn't hold it against them if they stayed away.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Ribibin Triss

Projectiles started flying around them and somebody shouted "ambush". Ribibin's reflexes made her quickly hop up into a tree. She was surprised to see a Nuzleaf sitting there, but he was just as surprised to see her finding him. Before he had time to react, he was shoved out of the way by a Night Slash attack and fell on his head below. Apparently he passed out in the process. Ribibin shook her head. Clumsy mechanists, didn't even get proper training and yet they went to war. They didn't know what was coming for them.

She glanced back to the place she had just left. Would Alice be alright? Wait, of course she would. She wasn't a princess or something, she was a frigging Knight-commander, probably better in battle than Ribibin were. Well, maybe at least. But the Weavile should stay by her commander's side, if nothing else, to get orders.

Spotting a naughty Bibarel in a bush beneath her, firing with some kind of arms and managing to hurt a Knight, Ribibin decided to give the mechanist the present of an early winter.

"Ho, ho, ho!" she shouted after she had fired her Ice Shards at the beaver. They struck it right in the face, since the pokémon was stupid enough to turn its head when it heard Ribibin's voice. It fell over and panicked from the cold pain, trying to grab the gun it had dropped when falling.

Bibarel found it, but realized that a black foot with big claws was standing on top of it. Looking up, the machinist faced a mischievously smiling face. "You've been naughty," miss Triss said as her Night Slash ended Bibarel's story in a swift move. Ribibin ducked from some bullets and turned around to the clearing where the others had previously been. This was... a bit too easy, wasn't it? Were machinists really this weak?​

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Caedmon Yeonart
Kanto Enclave​

As the group continued on into the deeper part of the woods, Caedmon continued glancing around, the trees getting alot thicker now, this only causing him to be more alert, his eyes still shining a faint blue, witnessing about his aura-sensing abilities.
After a few more minutes, he raised a paw, signaling everyone to stop. "Wait. I feel something." He stayed quiet for a little while, and then his ears twitched. A quick glance at Maverick told him that he had heard the same. The next moment, a bolt of electricity slammed against the ground where Maverick had been standing a moment before, Caedmon tossing himself to the side as well, rolling on the ground before diving behind a tree, a barrage of electricity unleashing upon them.

His eyes narrow, Caedmon took a deep breath, steadying himself and expanding his aura-sensing ability, trying to pinpoint where the attackers were. A moment later, he looked to the other knights. "Five in the trees, six to the left, four to the right, and five straight ahead! We need only one for interrogation! Show no mercy!"

Taking a moment to wait for the mechanist's fire to slow down, Caedmon then tossed himself to the side, two Pokémon seen a fair ways ahead, hiding between some bushes whilst firing their weapons at the knights; A Vigoroth, and a Pansage.
Caedmon wasted no time and bent his armored legs before dashing forwards using Extremespeed to run towards the Vigoroth. Before he even had time to notice the commander rushing towards him, Caedmon had lept into the air, still at extremely high speed, slamming his paw against his chest, sending him hurtling backwards, into a tree.

The Pansage snapped it's attention towards Caedmon and turned around, firing a bolt of electricity at him. Without anywhere else to go, Caedmon lept upwards, into the trees and made a quick branch-to-branch jump forwards, with the Pansage staring upwards in fear, firing another bolt into the treetops. A moment later, Caedmon lept down and landed behind the Pansage, who only just managed to turn around before Caedmon had grabbed him by the throat, lifted him up and slammed him into the ground. No mercy indeed.

A foreboding feeling suddenly arrived at the back of his head, his aura sensing still active, he only just managed to dodge out of the way of the Staryu, flying through the air, landing a few metres ahead of him. He turned his head slightly, noticing a Machoke behind him. They had both lost their weapons in the heat of the battle erupting all over, which only made Caedmon snort in amusement, the rather calm and cheerful Lucario from before having vanished and let a determined, ruthless Pokémon forth instead.

They stood for a moment, evaluating each other before the Machoke lept forwards, yelling something about Knight scum, but Caedmon didn't listen. He managed to evade the punch, which hit the ground, spun around and delivered a quick one-two series of punches to it's chest, sending it staggering back. The Staryu shot out a Bubblebeam, which Caedmon once again dived out the way of. It didn't make sense to have such weak guards in front of an enclave. Something was up.

After having danced out of the way of the attack, Caedmon clenched his paw shut, a dark-blue ball of energy erupting around it before he swung his arm in a wide arc, sending the orb flying towards the Staryu, who could only watch helplessly before being rammed by the attack, sending it flailing backwards.
The Machoke however, had recovered, letting out a roar of frustration at not hitting his target and grasped a large rock laying next to him, lifting it up overhead and tossing it towards Caedmon. Gritting his teeth at this rather large attack, Caedmon bent his knees and set off in a leap upwards, helped along by Extremespeed, causing him to go through the leaves. The Machoke looked up, ready to punch him square in the face as he erupted again.

And sure enough, he did, not taking the time to land on a branch, he let gravity do the hard work, pulling his right arm back on his way down, collecting the necessary energy. As he made his way out of the leaves on his way down, the Machoke lunged out at him and managed to hit the commander, causing the Pokémon to let out a "Hah! Commander my ass! Couldn't even dodge a simple punch!"

Caedmon spun around in the air before landing next to the Machoke, seemingly unharmed, his armor having taken the brunt of the hit. And even so, he didn't even seem phased by it. "Who says I was trying to dodge it?" he said with a rather threatening voice, thrusting his arm forwards, towards the Machoke's stomach.
He roared in confusion and anger, sending another punch towards Caedmon, but before it could make it halfway to it's target, Caedmon unleashed a burst of blue energy from his hand, hitting the Machoke right in his solar plexus, sending him hurtling back against the ground, blood spurting from his mouth.

TornZero

Years

Alice

Kanto Enclave

"Agreed," Alice answered. It was nice to get out of the cities often, even just for some sight-seeing. An hour passed in a calm silence before a strange clicking rang through the forest.

"Ambush!" Maverick hastily avoided an electric attack. But there wasn't a trail or anything; it had to be a Shock Gun. Then more clicking. Alice ducked into cover and managed to avoid getting herself shocked, watching as the Weavile under her command nailed a Bibarel in the face with Ice Shard.

The Absol lifted herself into the tree she hid behind with one strong claw-dragging, using the other claw to throw out a Gloom with Psycho Cut. However, it got stuck in her claws, so she threw it away herself and into an Oddish that was running around spraying off yellow-orange spores.

Are they really this terrible? she asked herself. They /had/ to be new recruits or something, the Mechanists she read about had extensive knowledge of their weapons and how to fight. The Absol looked at a Ralts and Lampent under her orders and called for them to use Protect, keeping a Chansey from getting hurt while they tended to anyone already injured. She dived down out of her tree and landed clean on a Bidoof that was trying to help its father, who was just slashed to death by Ribibin.

"Triss," she looked to the Weavile in the clearing, "make sure there's no one behind us." Alice ducked behind a tree again and away from a poison gas pellet, running out and cutting through the Sentret that threw it with her own Night Slash, leaving it for dead. Trailing a purplish aura from one paw and pink from the other, Alice had to use Mean Look to keep anyone from trying to get away.

Through a series of mixed Night Slashes and Psycho Cuts, Alice took out a short line of Grass types; even the Oddish from before lost its leaves and a leg. A Bulbasaur got its bulb ripped apart, a Servine no longer has a tail, a Cottonee got picked off, and a Tangela isn't so tangled anymore. And after just that, she came out with just a scrape or two on her legs, and that was quickly remedied with a shake of her limbs.

Ken Bala

Birch Enclave

Thirteen volunteers total, counting Ken. Damon gave everyone a good half-hour to get all their equipment, but the Gallade was already set to go. He passed by the storage closet once he and Urta left, and heard a muffled voice asking, "How many will die?"

He kept walking instead of snooping in, leaving the convention center and waiting outside for everyone else.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Ribibin Triss - Kanto enclave

"Triss," Alice said to Ribibin, "make sure there's no one behind us."

"Aye, Knight-Commander!" Ribibin said, guarding her superior's back as the Absol made salad of several grass pokémon at once.

A shock gun was directed towards the Weavile, who didn't react in time. She was struck, feeling the horrible jolts going through her body as she fell over. The armor spread some of the electricity out, but she was in pain and rather dizzy when the shock was over. She quickly stumbled up, trying to not fail Alice.

Indeed, the Nuzleaf from before was suddenly seen in a bush some ten meters away. He was taking his opportunity to fire, when Ribibin was dizzy after the shock gun's strike... He fired a bolt from a crossbow at her and the Weavile watched as in slow motion as it came closer. In the nick of time, she put her arm up and let the arrow hit the armor there. It broke without leaving as much as a scratch on the wrist guard.

"Do you take me for an imbecile?" Ribibin tauntingly asked the Nuzleaf, who was clearly freaked out. "My turn." With that, she fired her Dark Pulse directly at him. It was a bit over the top, she admitted that; she normally used her Ice Shard attack much more often. But she was feeling fired up and angry about being hit before. The Nuzleaf got badly struck and was even thrown into a tree, possibly fainting again.

Ribibin reminded herself to finish him off later, but now she needed to stay by Alice's side. That was probably the right thing, because an Ursaring ran out towards them all of a sudden, looking like it was wearing... clothing? What a disgrace to the species of pokémon! It was heading for the Absol.

"Alice, to your left!" Ribibin shouted as she jumped forward and fired an Ice Shard towards the big bear. Ursaring deflected the attack with a strange shield of his. This man could battle, Ribibin realized. Hopefully not as well as her Knight-Commander though.

She landed on her feet and wondered how many they actually were. Had more come after Caedmon had counted them? Speaking of which, in this turmoil, she didn't even see Caedmon and Maverick anywhere. Not that she was worried. It was war and they were very skilled. Chances were that they had already captured a mechanist to complete the mission. This Ursaring was not a good candidate for becoming a captive, anyways. A small, weak pokémon would be best, but still someone who likely had lots of information.

She blinked. Maybe... the Nuzleaf?

Last edited:

TornZero

Years

Alice

Kanto Enclave

"Alice, to your left!" Ribibin shouted and fired an Ice Shard at a bear that was creeping up on her blind spot. Was that thing REALLY wearing clothes? Disgusting! Armor, yeah, but CLOTHES? An Ursaring's already got fur, what does it need clothes of all things for?!

Regardless, that thing was still arguably better than the rest of these newbies. Alice leaped back to get a clear view of the big guy, and it was lowering a shield of some kind that it was using to defend. Not even a scratch from Triss' Ice Shard on it. At least he had /some/ kind of intelligence.... Clothes. It only got more deplorable the more she thought of it; she would never degrade herself by hiding her shining fur under cheap fabric.

Alice tried to take a step back before charging in to confuse it, but her paw was stopped by a tree. Even better. "C'mon, ya big lunkhead!" she playfully taunted, her bright blue eyes flashing out a Mean Look and forcing the Ursaring to rush in arms blazing. Focus Punch. The Absol slipped out of the way when the disgraceful bear swung in, letting it knock down the tree and hitting itself in the head with the falling trunk. That would've been trouble. Then she dashed past its back, dragging a purple aura along her nails and across its spine. Falling to his knee in response, the Ursaring got back up and roared as loud as it could, obviously angered.

"GET BACK HERE YA LITTLE B***H!!" he screamed, as Alice climbed into a tree and started to jump between them. "I'LL RIP DOWN EVERY DAMNED TREE HERE IF I HAVE TO!" He didn't answer to taunts or getting slashed in the back well, apparently.

Let's make it worse! Alice thought to herself, speaking to the Ursaring between jumps.

"You'd knock down a whole forest just for little ol' me?~" she oh so innocently inquired. "That's so thoughtful of you!" And when he opened his mouth to charge up a Hyper Beam in nothing but pure, unbridled rage after taking out multiple trees with Slash, there was her chance.

She dived in, dragging a Psycho Cut straight to Ursaring's legs and bringing him face-down to the ground. As lucky 'ol Ursaring tried to shut his mouth before he landed, he managed to scream out a Hyper Beam into the dirt right in front of his eyes. Alice ducked behind one of the fallen trees as the Hyper Beam shined brighter than the sun and exploded, leaving a smoking bear and plenty of charred woodland in its wake. Taking a short breath, Ursaring coughed out a small cloud of smoke.

After that was finished, Alice shook off all the ashes from her fur and looked around for Ribibin and the others.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Ribibin Triss - Kanto Enclave with a hostage

The Weavile saw her superior engage the Ursaring, not without much trouble. Ribibin considered helping out anyways, but decided to try and capture the Nuzleaf and find Maverick as fast as she could instead. If they had their captive, the battle would be over because they could pull back. Not that the Knights of Oran would want to pull back against the mechanists. Letting them think they won could be a strategical move, but most Knights were likely too proud for it. Maybe her commanders too, even.

These thoughts all streamed through her head as Ribibin ran back to the bush where she had last seen the Nuzleaf mechanist. It had managed to wake up and crawled away since Ribibin hit it with the Dark Pulse. But not far enough. A scream was heard when the Knight grabbed hold on a certain leaf in a bush and pulled the grass type pokémon out. The mechanist was clearly terrified and pretty badly hurt after her several run ins with Ribibin over these last minutes.

Her... yes, Ribibin could clearly see now that it was a female Nuzleaf. She fell down to her knees and shivered, but she didn't beg for her life or anything. It was as if she was waiting for the final blow, waiting to follow where so many of her comrades had already gone today. A green vest was worn by it, as well as a belt where a quiver for her crossbow was fastened. The quiver was empty now. Ribibin felt slightly disgusted by the machinists using clothes again.

"You," she said, still holding the leaf with her claws and making holes in it.

The Nuzleaf didn't answer nor look up. Ribibin felt that this pokémon wasn't really worth looking up at her, but she didn't like how it wasn't listening to her either. She therefore kicked the mechanist down on the ground. It fell onto its back and closed its eyes.

"You!" Ribibin repeated. "Mechanist." She wasn't sure what to say to it now, really. If she asked about the enclave, they would realize that the Knights were looking for it, thereby alerting anyone who lived there. If it existed. The fact that they were ambushed here was a quite big hint to that it actually did exist though. Even though she was usually good at getting males where she wanted them, she wasn't sure about how to speak seducingly or even very threatening to a female. Hm, she had to practice. But not now when it really mattered.

She grabbed the Nuzleaf by its arm and dragged it with her as she made her way through the forest around the clearing where the battle still went on. She was looking for a certain Knight... since they hadn't split up yet, he should still be here. One of the few male Knights that she actually respected somewhat. Sure, he was clumsy quite often, but he was also darn strong and very kind. Even to women.

There he was, under some low growing trees some 20 meters away from her now: Kurgas the Tangrowth. His vines were exactly what she needed now. He was apparently tending to some hurt Knights. Ribibin was more angry than sad when she saw them and didn't really want to turn the Nuzleaf over alive anymore. They had attacked the Knights, not the other way around. The Knights were only trying to keep peace.

"I know what you are thinking..." the Nuzleaf suddenly spoke. "I see it in your stance and eyes."

Ribibin was a bit surprised and turned to look at the mechanist, claws ready to rip of its head if it tried to do anything. Its arm was still firmly gripped by the Weavile's other hand.

"That we are mean, no evil even... It's a surprise. You should know that's how we think about you. You are the oppressing ones-"

WHAM. Ribibin hadn't been able to control herself. Furious, she had smacked the Nuzleaf right in the head, making it pass out again.

"Triss?" Kurgas' voice came from behind. "Are you ok? Shall I strangle that nasty mechanist for you?"

"I'm... fine," Ribibin said between breaths. "Just bind her up, will you? I was only considering it before this, but... she doesn't seem to be one of the most unintelligent mechanists. Maybe she knows something."

Kurgas agreed and did as she told him to, picking the Nuzleaf up and binding it with his vines against a tree while he kept tending to the hurt Knights leaning against another tree. The Nuzleaf was still out. But alive. Ribibin stood there for a moment, staring at it. Stupid, tactless mechanists. If Maverick didn't find this one useful, Ribibin would kill her herself.

Back