• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: POKéMON Ruby Destiny - Rescue Rangers [Hack of the Month July 2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave-o-rama

If you are a false don't entry
Years
Nice work man! I like this hack! I dled it yesterday and i cant stop playing it ;)
When you switch your lead pokemon from Pikachu to a different pokemon, are you able to make it so the sprite will change?
That would be awesome.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Nice work man! I like this hack! I dled it yesterday and i cant stop playing it ;)
When you switch your lead pokemon from Pikachu to a different pokemon, are you able to make it so the sprite will change?
That would be awesome.

thank you, and yes, that's really a cool idea, but sadly, it's not possible, or maybe it is, but way to difficult...

hey guys, DJG's fanclub is open. Sorry if this is spam!

I don't think it's a spam, ~SU~... ;)
Thanks. :)

1.Sinister Woods
2.Fortune Valley
3.Bouquet Field
4.Garden Field
5.Vapid Swamp (?)
6.Silver Desert (?)
7.Green Hills (?)
8. ?

Erm... 1 to 5 are correct, but 6 and 7 aren't...

6. Green hills
7. ?
8. ?

I haven't decided where the events will gonna be. :D

ҳ̸ҲRichie

SkOria
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 1, 2010
I had had no time to prove your game, but now I finished to play it, and really your hack is great, I don't know how to say it, I've played some hacks and this is one of the best for me, I've said before this; the graphics aren't relevant for me, the scripts are good, but the idea, the originality and the story line have done this hack really amusing, I love the POKéMON Ruby Destiny - Rescue Rangers... Congratulations!!.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Wow thanks. =3
It's really nice to hear from you, and yeah, tiles and sprites aren't my strong points in hacking. xD

well, anyways, I'm more on maps and scripts, and I guess the graphics will be at the bottom of my list. :)

Oh well... back to hacking. x3

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
Go DJG! i cant wait either i loved it nice story line but hide that ultra ball or else yo will end up like me!!

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2010
very good !!!!!!! i played the beta and it has lots of good things like: the story, the music, the sprites, and many more. i may suggest one thing, befriending other pokemon like in mystery dungeon.but the game is great i wish the 2nd beta would come soon. GOOD LUCK !!!!! :)

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
@ Ice Charizard...
nope. it wasn't as bad, but it wasn't meant to be there.
anyways, I fixed that Ultra Ball script and now, I'm mapping 4 more maps in Krystal Mountain. x3
After mapping then I'll proceed to scripting... :)

@ manaphyone...
thanks, but befriending other PKMN would be difficult though...
The only PKMN that will join your team are your friends in real life before the player turned unto a PKMN. ;)

Anyways...
1. Sinister Woods - Thread of Destiny
2. Fortune Valley - Legend's Cry
3. Bouquet Field - Faith On A Stranger
4. Garden Field - A Smile Worth Fighting For
5. Vapid Swamp -
6. Green Hills -
7. Mt. Krystal -

DarkFear

I will ^^
Years
  • Age 29
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 22, 2010
Nice innovative storyline looks really good hope to see more hacks like this in the future!

Cid

Years
Good luck on mapping and scripting Krystal Mountain (wondering what event will happen there)!

Anyway, when do you plan on making a Help Thread (like Reign of Legends) for Rescue Rangers? I know the other Help Thread is already annoying but how will you deal with those who still need help? (or maybe you plan on making the story easier than Reign of Legends)

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
@ Ice Charizard...
nope. it wasn't as bad, but it wasn't meant to be there.
anyways, I fixed that Ultra Ball script and now, I'm mapping 4 more maps in Krystal Mountain. x3
After mapping then I'll proceed to scripting... :)

@ manaphyone...
thanks, but befriending other PKMN would be difficult though...
The only PKMN that will join your team are your friends in real life before the player turned unto a PKMN. ;)

Anyways...
1. Sinister Woods - Thread of Destiny
2. Fortune Valley - Legend's Cry
3. Bouquet Field - Faith On A Stranger
4. Garden Field - A Smile Worth Fighting For
5. Vapid Swamp -
6. Green Hills -
7. Mt. Krystal -

Err... but you can befriend event pokemon like Regirock on a mission and make some text like: Regirock would like to join your team! Would you accept it as a team member? You can seclect Yes/No. Then you can put a Porygon in the Pokemon Square and he lets you to switch pokemon in your team when you have more than six pokemon in your rescue team.
You can give items to your team members in there. You have make a script that Pikachu, Chikorita and Torchic are unswitchble. The only matters is you have to make lots and lots of pokemon OWs if the area's avalible. The areas in Porygon's room are the areas in the actual MD's Befriend areas. Hope you can take my idea DJG.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
yeah but if the player deposits Chikorita, Torchi, and even Pikachu, then what would happen? :\

Still mapping Krystal Mountain. ;)

Cid

Years
Well, you can make Porygon say: They're your main team members and friends! Don't let Chickorita or Torchic down!
Won't that be a little bit hard? I tried to ask that to DJG before, though I think no one has ever done that before... So I assume you need to be a complete genius to do that... (just an opinion)

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Well, you can make Porygon say: They're your main team members and friends! Don't let Chickorita or Torchic down!
That would require some asm.
Either that or... well, here goes a quick cheap method.

You could make the computer to make you warp to a "virtual world" where porygon waits for you to store your pokemon.
Then at the exit of the virtual world, put a script that checks if the player has Torchic or Chikorita, then complain if you don't have them.
If you try to leave without pikachu, it would say "you can't leave the virtual world without your very own body!"

Doable and makes sense, plus would be very original

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2010
This hack looks good, and the idea is really original. Only thing I must complain about are graphics. Mainly the player's house, as seen in the screenshot.

I didn't play the beta yet, so I don't know if there's something more looking that way. You need to improve the palette of the house to more vivid colours, and, if possible, to more colours.

Plus, the legendaries, you should make their battle sprites better. Pillow shading is a bit weird in a Pok?mon game which has different spriting style unless you redo all Pok?mon and trainer sprites. Did you plan to leave them without eyes, or are these sprites only conceptual and subject to change?

Anyway, I am glad that there is another hack with original idea and unique implementation, so I hope you keep it up. And about complicated things, when you make them, it will be perfect, if no, you might try to delete those features from game though it might be a disadvantage.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back