• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] El Heroe's Stippling Nook

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
03SvFOl.png
~ El Heroe's Stippling Nook ~​
stippling: (verb) to paint, engrave, or draw by means of dots or small touches.​

Hey everyone! I just recently rediscovered my love for stippling so I thought I might share some of my drawings that I've made. There aren't that many - only three at the moment - but I'm currently looking for other things to draw so please throw out some recommendations in the comments below It takes me a few hours to complete each drawing, but I'll do my best to do as many recommendations as I can! Also I am very much open to any kind of constructive criticism so please fire away! I hope with your help I can build on my gallery and continue to better my skills!

Goku (from Dragon Ball)
Spoiler:

Skull Kid (from Legend of Zelda; Majora's Mask)
Spoiler:

Drew Brees (Quarterback of the New Orlean Saints)
Spoiler:

Satsuki (from Kill la Kill)
Spoiler:

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Can I ask what is stippling? But i really like the goku drawing :3

No problem! So essentially what stippling is is you use a very finely thin sharpie and with it, you create a picture entirely out of dots. So the pictures above that you see there have no lines, no coloring in; just dots. So you can only imagine areas like Goku's hair - or basically the entirety of Skull Kid - take a really long time because you can only fill it in with dots. It takes a lot of patience - I'll take breaks here and there - but it's a lot of fun to make these!
Awesome drawing's Keep up the good work!

Thanks mate! If you have any recommendations on what I should draw next please let me know as I'm looking for new material!

Tsukuyo

Courtesan of Death
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 1, 2014
Dude, your new theme is great. But I digress. :p

These are all amazing. Fave has to be Goku, though. He's been done so perfectly, really. Those dots, damn. I doubt I'd have the patience or skill to do anything like it. ;; You're really talented, man. ;D

Although you do like drawing in general too, right? These are all reference-based stippled works - you're great at these and it has been established. Now I'm curious to see some non-reference based stuff. Or even partially referenced but mostly original poses - that kind of stuff. Non-stippled, maybe? But yeah, looking forward to everything you showcase here! Keep it up. I'll be following art bloggity and this gallery as long as you keep posting new stuff. :D

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Dude. Those are amazing.

Hey, could you draw http://dragon-quest.org/wiki/Estark for me, please?

Yeah sure thing mate! Would love to get crackin' something new! [:

Dude, your new theme is great. But I digress. :p

These are all amazing. Fave has to be Goku, though. He's been done so perfectly, really. Those dots, damn. I doubt I'd have the patience or skill to do anything like it. ;; You're really talented, man. ;D

Although you do like drawing in general too, right? These are all reference-based stippled works - you're great at these and it has been established. Now I'm curious to see some non-reference based stuff. Or even partially referenced but mostly original poses - that kind of stuff. Non-stippled, maybe? But yeah, looking forward to everything you showcase here! Keep it up. I'll be following art bloggity and this gallery as long as you keep posting new stuff. :D

Yeah, you are right on that haha. I am guilty when it comes to doing reference-based pieces. Free-roam drawing scares me a little but I mean hell, practice can only make better am I right? And thank you very much for the support! [: I'm actually surprised that someone checks out my blog, I thought I usually just wrote out entries to dead air d:

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Glad you started a thread to show your art heroe!! Ill be checking out your new stuff :P

Dude, the fairy one looks sick! Cool!
Anyhow, i love how you made them, keep it up buddy! ^_^

Thanks guys! [: If you've got any recommendations for me, feel free to offer them up! ;D

Also doihevato, I'm currently working on your project and I've just finished the stenciling out of it, I'll upload a picture shortly on the progress!

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
Years
I keep hearing about you everywhere on PC but I saw that you did art and decided to check. It looks like I'm too afraid to ask for requests, but these drawings are pretty professionalistic. Great job on those drawings!

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
I keep hearing about you everywhere on PC but I saw that you did art and decided to check. It looks like I'm too afraid to ask for requests, but these drawings are pretty professionalistic. Great job on those drawings!

Haha I guess I'm growing in popularity eh? You shouldn't feel intimidated in the slightest by asking for a request, trust me I enjoy making these! And I'm nowhere close to being professional, but thank you very much for the compliment! [:

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 8, 2023

No problem! So essentially what stippling is is you use a very finely thin sharpie and with it, you create a picture entirely out of dots. So the pictures above that you see there have no lines, no coloring in; just dots. So you can only imagine areas like Goku's hair - or basically the entirety of Skull Kid - take a really long time because you can only fill it in with dots. It takes a lot of patience - I'll take breaks here and there - but it's a lot of fun to make these!

Thanks mate! If you have any recommendations on what I should draw next please let me know as I'm looking for new material!

Wait so if all those are made just from dots.... Then.... Those are absolutely amazing!!! I cant even imagine how hard they are to make

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I can attest that stippling is an extremely difficult thing to do, let alone do well. Again, I've told you that I tried it with the very same Skull Kid picture I recommended, and I could not finish it. It requires such a deep understanding of natural gradients and shading that, at the time, I literally rage quitted. You've definitely earned my respect, if I hadn't made that clear already.

If there's any advice I can give, it'd be to work on your transitions a little more. Practice going from black to white in a small square going different directions. And I'm only saying this because the practice wouldn't hurt. Also, don't be afraid to go dark. I know you had to implement that with Skull Kid, but I'm specifically referencing your Drew Brees piece (or any future human subject). The right side of his face is a lot darker in the original, and I think that kind of escaped you a bit. Which is okay, because a key point in stippling is that you can always add; but you can't take away. Just don't fear getting in there and adding the depth that the reference photo demands. You've already got the hand for it, so work it!

So excited to see what you update with. This gallery is a real treat. :)

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
I can attest that stippling is an extremely difficult thing to do, let alone do well. Again, I've told you that I tried it with the very same Skull Kid picture I recommended, and I could not finish it. It requires such a deep understanding of natural gradients and shading that, at the time, I literally rage quitted. You've definitely earned my respect, if I hadn't made that clear already.

If there's any advice I can give, it'd be to work on your transitions a little more. Practice going from black to white in a small square going different directions. And I'm only saying this because the practice wouldn't hurt. Also, don't be afraid to go dark. I know you had to implement that with Skull Kid, but I'm specifically referencing your Drew Brees piece (or any future human subject). The right side of his face is a lot darker in the original, and I think that kind of escaped you a bit. Which is okay, because a key point in stippling is that you can always add; but you can't take away. Just don't fear getting in there and adding the depth that the reference photo demands. You've already got the hand for it, so work it!

So excited to see what you update with. This gallery is a real treat. :)

Mhmm definitely! That Drew Brees picture was actually the first piece I ever made with stippling, but I still need to improve on my transition from darker areas to lighter areas. I'm always just hesitant to keep going darker because if you accidentally add too many dots and make it too dark than there's no going back. But I am working on it! [: I'm currently working on three pieces so hopefully that progress will show up there!

Wait so if all those are made just from dots.... Then.... Those are absolutely amazing!!! I cant even imagine how hard they are to make

Just takes a lot of patience my friend. Let me put it this way: I essentially taught myself how make art like this, so if I can do it, than anyone can do it [:

While y'all wait for my future projects though, this was one of my first sketches I ever made. It's obviously a little rough around the edges, but I loved the movie so much that after watching it for the first time I just had to make a sketch of him d:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Well im sure that with practice you will keep getting better and better (:
If i may suggest/request a possible future piece, how about *this* one?

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Well im sure that with practice you will keep getting better and better (:
If i may suggest/request a possible future piece, how about *this* one?
Sure thing! I'll start crackin' on it as soon as I can! [:

Alright, I'll be waiting for it!

Here's that update that I promised you! The latest it will take for me to finish it will be this Monday, so keep an eye out for the finished product! ;D And trust me, it will look much much better once all the details and shadows have been put in!

KAirrrv.png

GarlandDaHero

Cute Noivern is Cute.
Years

Here's that update that I promised you! The latest it will take for me to finish it will be this Monday, so keep an eye out for the finished product! ;D And trust me, it will look much much better once all the details and shadows have been put in!

KAirrrv.png

Nice to see some progress! While not as accurate as I was expecting, it's just a sketch, so I'll be keeping an eye out for the finished project!

Back