• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Poketch vs PokeGear

The Poketch or The PokeGear?

• I'm sticking with none, because I didn't like them both.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years

• edoAt.jpg

Pokémon Gear (Japanese: ポケモンギア Pokémon Gear), mostly known as Pokégear (Japanese: ポケギア Pokégear)

Two handy gadgets, but which out of the pair did you like better than the other? Was it due to their features? Or their designs? What did you think one lacked what the other had? What improvements would you make to them if you could? Perhaps add more features? Less features? More useful features? Perhaps it was quality over quantity for you? Think about it this way: if they were real, and you had the option to purchase only one of these, which would you purchase? Also, within your purchase would colour? Perhaps you're a girl who prefers blue over pink? Or a boy in touch with a flamboyant taste in colours?

Out of the two, I'm going to be partially biased here and say I prefer the PokeGear. Mainly because HGSS are my favourite Pokemon Games out of the main series aside from the original GSC. Although I am fond of this little gadget, I was a little disapointed and would've like to have seen a bit more features added to the PokeGear - I think if it adopted some of the really useful apps the Poketch had like the step counter and the happiness, and daycare checker, it would've made certain aspects of the game (especially breeding), much easier and a less of a hassle.

How about you? Discuss!

WaKgw.png

The Pokémon Watch (Japanese: ポケモンウォッチ Pokémon Watch), or Pokétch (Japanese: ポケッチ Pokétch)

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I think the Poketch was more useful but the PokeGear was nicer to look at.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
  • I voted for the Poketch, because I thought that the Pokegear was annoying imo. You'd be walking along and then - you get a call from youngster Joey or some other idiot telling you about something they did that day. -.- Poketch was also nice because you didn't have to open it up, it was just there on the bottom screen.
    pokegear didnt have useless apps and helped with the story (finding the dogs rematches items ....) while the poketch was annoying and only thing it did was help find mesprit
    What are you talking about? There were also some useful applications on there that I enjoyed, such as the happiness checker which was really useful for evolving pokemon via happiness and day care checker, which saved the time of calling the Day care people and having them lecture you about how your Pokemon is doing.Its also really helpful to have the dowsing machine on the bottom screen instead of going through your bag to find it. On the other hand, all the Pokegear could do is get you to listen to radio or call people, both of which had no real purpose.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
    Years
  • I love the Poketch for some of its useful apps,seeing your Pokemon's friendship,where roaming legendaries are,if two of your Pokemon could possibly breed or not,the list goes on n_n. And then the Pokegear,yes it was an alright feature showing the Johto map and having a radio,better desgin and all. But the calls you'd constantly get from some trainers saying random things like."I tried to catch a Metapod but it got away.Oh well seeya!" and Youngster Joey's famous but irritating."My Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattatas,you know what I mean?"

You just wasted a minute,to listen to some trainers and even if you choose to ignore it,the ringing is irritating.My vote goes to the Poketch :3.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Absolutely HATE the Pokétch just because of its name... stupid name. Irritating to read and look at. So I went with the Pokégear.

Years
  • Pokegear mainly for the same reason as Curious. I loved HGSS the most.

Poketech wasnt bad, but compared to Pokegear its not as good.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • The Pokégear was more useful than the Poketch. The number of application counts less than their quality. Poketch has many apps, Pokégear doesn't, but at least they're good.

Years
  • I choose the Pokegear because it was more useful to me in-game, although I'd prefer to have one shaped like the Poketch because the Pokegear looks like a modded Pokedex. And I know how dorky calculator watches look like but the Pokegear would be a lot more convenient for me if it's just right on my hand like the Poketch would be.

Years
  • I chose Poketch because I despise the design of the Pokegear. The ones in GSC (rest their poor little souls) were very ugly and the ones from HGSS just reminded me of how much I hated them. Plus all those dang calls just made me want to turn the thing off. Does it matter that you are going through something important and would rather not be disturbed? Nope! Joey had to tell me about his pokemon -_-

Admittedly, the poketch had WAY more apps that I could ever seriously need but I had my favorites that I used all the time: Digital Watch, Calculator (I actually use to carry my DS to school so I could use the calculator XD), Pokemon List, Friendship Checker, Matchup Checker, Daycare Checker and the Color Changer.

Back