• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond and Pearl or Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2013
    Ok, so I just want to ask:
    Is it better to have both Diamond and Pearl, or Platinum twice? Assuming one would be for mine, and the other one for my younger sister.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If I were you, I'd buy two copies of Platinum. Diamond and Pearl were okay, but Pokémon Platinum was even better—it had tons of improvements over them. It had an extended regional dex, access to Battle Frontier (sort like the one from Emerald, if you've played that game before), additional forms for a few legendaries, and you could get to Distortion World. Distortion World is an awesome place, and once you get there, you'll be totally amazed. There might be nothing in there other than Giratina, but in my opinion, it's a pretty fun place to hang around. Oh, and after you're done the story, you also get to have your own villa at a location known as "Resort Area." You could customize this villa with your own furniture and such, and various people will come visiting you each day. (: There are lots of other things in Platinum that Pokémon Diamond and Pearl don't have, but these are the only things that I could remember right now.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • As Nymphadora said, purchasing two copies of Platinum would be far better than purchasing Diamond and Pearl.

So with that, I'll close this thread. For future reference, please post any of your quick questions that pertain to the fourth generation of games here.

[ Closed ]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back