• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Facebook, Twitter or Instagram

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
Years
Facebook is more useful to me. Its provide many feature.. If you bored you can play the games that been provided.. You want to find your lost friend that live far away? Just fill the search box... You can also find news, tips, recipes and many others by liking a page.

Years
I use Facebook but nothing else. I don't have a desire to see pictures or get updates about everyone's day every second of my life. Plus, I have nothing quirky or funny to say.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I've been using Facebook since 07 and although I don't use it as much as I used to, it's still my favorite social networking site since it includes everything, while Twitter is like endless status updates, and Instagram is just photos.

I've never used Instagram before, but I do have a Twitter account that I used for maybe two weeks before I got bored of it. I'm not witty enough to say anything interesting in under 140 characters, and I don't like checking in and telling everyone what I'm doing every couple hours. I'm not really sure I understand the point of Twitter, actually, but that's what it seems like to me.

...After I wrote that I realized it's basically just a longer version of what aurevesque said. See, I'm definitely not succinct enough for Twitter.

Years
Nowadays, the only purpose that Facebook serves is to keep up-to-date with friends and chatting to the ones with whom I do not share phone numbers with, which are rare. Twitter I've never been fond of so I've never really used it. So amongst the 3, I'd probably choose Instagram and I'm the most active.

Years
Facebook is a site to connect to friends and see how their lives are. Twitter is a site to connect with friends and chat with them. That's how I see the two social networking sites at least.

I use both of them and to me, it's easier to keep in touch with friends on Facebook. Surely you can keep in touch with them on twitter as well, but is 140 characters worth it when chatting?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Twitter all the way. I hardly even use my facebook anymore due to personal problems in terms of family. And I keep forgetting I have instagram. Don't see the point of it since Twitter has filters as well. :P

HxCrypt

Living <3<3<3
Years
I use both Facebook and Instagram.
For Facebook,I use it to contact my friends (chat),when I find something that's interesting,then I will share it to my friends.
For Instagram,I prefer to use it as a diary tool (but not posting everyday XD),to record down every single happy moment or any nice landscapes,not selfie...

Years
I don't use that much of any of them nowadays. Facebook I have for talking to people that I know in real life, but I haven't used it all that much. Twitter I mostly have for following fellow challengers and PC'ers where I talk about challenges and such, while Instagram I have but haven't been using much in many months.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
Never had Facebook or Instagram. The only reason I made a Twitter account was to get more space for my Dropbox; I can't even remember my username and passoword I used on Twitter xD

I don't feel the need of creating an account for social networks, because I don't have anything I want the world to know about. Well, there's my somewhat Google+ish account (or whatever it is that allows me to comment on Youtube), but I'm not really using that much, either...

Honest

Hi!
Years
Facebook and Instagram for me! Facebook because it's literally one of the best ways to connect with more or less anyone and everyone, short of texts and yeah. Facebook Messenger is probably what keeps me from living under a rock. Instagram because it's unique in it's "picture" themed way of communicating with people. I hear tumblr is more or less the same (I believe it's an image board?) but it seems more complex, with all the blogging and such.

Twitter seems like a watered down Facebook, where you can only post "statuses" or tweets, or whatever they're called. I literally just learned you can use Dropbox with it, though, so maybe it's not as pointless as I thought.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
Facebook is my main tool for communicating with my overseas relatives.
Twitter is my ranting platform. I'll go crazy if I don't use it.
Instagram is... Well... Just for fun.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
. I hear tumblr is more or less the same (I believe it's an image board?) but it seems more complex, with all the blogging and such.

Tumblr is a "microblogging" social network site. What you're thinking of is 4chan, which is an imageboard. Pretty much there's what's called a "dashboard", that's their equivalent of the newsfeed, where all the posts from people you follow appear. Example from my dashboard.
Spoiler:

The main idea behind tumblr is to "reblog" content , or re-post it your blog similar to twiiter's retweet. You can also like posts as well. Both likes and reblogs are a part of what is called "notes" and obviously the more notes a post has , the more attention it gets.

Just felt like clearing that up with you. :) Tumblr honestly isn't bad. There's alot of really funny posts, but also lots of weird people too. Though just a a heads up, you'll run into a good amount of people who pretty much get offended by EVERYTHING and tend to jump to conclusions. (Particularly "feminists" who practically get mad anytime men's rights or men are mentioned. I put feminists in quote cause really, that isn't what feminism is about.) For example. If you follow the right people though, you really don't find much of those kind of people. I've found some really nice people there.

Tl;DR Tumblr is a microblogging site, 4chan is the imageboard. Tumblr isn't bad and has a lot of funny, nice people, but it also has a good amount of annoying people.

Years
I use facebook. I find it invaluable for keeping up with friends - I have so many friends from when I studied abroad or who have graduated and moved away from my area who I wouldn't be able to keep up with otherwise. I don't really use twitter or instagram. They bore me to tears.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I don't have a Facebook or Instagram and I hardly use my Twitter anymore because it serves little purpose imo. I'm so boring in that respect :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 23, 2017
i keep my fb friends to a minimum (under 100). i get annoyed enough as it is with what people post on there. i check that and twitter most often. i check instagram once or twice a day. i like and dislike all for different reasons, but i'm most conflicted with facebook because of how most people use it (indirect statuses, trying too hard to sound ~inspirational~, posting false information/articles, pushing their opinions and beliefs really hard, etc).

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2016
I have Twitter I love the concept of it how you can easily follow everyone and people follow you without giving too much information regarding your personal life.

I find Facebook is buggy at the best of times and too many ad spaces which pretty much drive you insane and everyone just shares absolute crap you don't want to read or watch so I've been de-activated about 6 months and haven't really been tempted to re-activate again.

Most importantly, Twitter has NO Games that people share their results again care factor = zero

Twitter just is mostly all information if not statuses of what people are doing that's what I am interested to know.

The Interface is so so much better also.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I have a fb with 700 friends or something. And when I say friends I mean contacts, people I would say hello to in a corridor. But I don't post stuff very often because it feels like I'm competing with everyone else about who has the most interesting life. Since I don't travel much and don't feel the need to keep people around me at all times, my boring statuses easily drown in the more eager facebookers xD I also don't add new people as frequently now as I used to in my early uni years.

I only use Instagram when I feel that I have really nice/funny/cool/good pictures to show the world. Sadly almost everyone else uses it for pics of food or selfies so it's not very exciting to look through my feed :p Still, most of the times when I post on Instagram, I link it to fb and post it there simultaneously. Because :)

Twitter... I've honestly never seen the usefulness of it. Might one day do what my dad did though - create an account just to follow others but not write anything myself.

Last edited:
Back