• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm a little rusty on my Pokemon Skills

Years
I just wanted to post a possible team structure. Bear in mind when making suggestions I like to go for some unusual choices while I play in order to experiment. Also, levels are not posted since this is only a plan, not a team I actually have. However, I am partway through the game already, so certain aspects will not change without completely changing pokemon. Namely, the natures of the first two pokemon.

Emboar; Relaxed; Blaze
-Flamethrower
-Scald
-Head Smash
-Hammer Arm

Simisage; Hasty; Gluttony
-Seed Bomb
-Acrobatics
-Brick Break
-Rock Slide/Shadow Claw

Carracosta; Relaxed; Sturdy
-Surf
-Rock Slide
-Curse
-Shell Smash

Reuniclus; Modest; Magic Guard
-Psychic
-Recover
-Calm Mind
-Focus Blast

Galvantula; Naive; Compoundeyes
-Thunder
-Bug Buzz
-Reflect
-Energy Ball

Golurk; Adamant; Iron Fist
-Fly
-Shadow Punch
-Earthquake
-Dynamic Punch

I am aware my team suffers from a lack of flying types, but I don't really like BW's selection of flying types.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Sorry for not noticing this before!
Nevertheless,

In-game I use a physical Emboar and altho it dies easily, it's strong as (Flare Blitz > Flamethrower), and idr what else I had but that itself was v strong.

Carracosta is better off physically attacking, so Waterfall is a better option. While Curse/SS can work, it would take a lot of setting up and honestly you're better off just setting up SS because balancing the two would suck and you'd still have -sdef in the end anyway. Sooo Aqua Jet is better over that to make up for Speed.

The rest looks fine altho I'd add Volt Switch over Reflect on Galvantula, but otherwise works!!

Years
Sorry for not noticing this before!
Nevertheless,

In-game I use a physical Emboar and altho it dies easily, it's strong as (Flare Blitz > Flamethrower), and idr what else I had but that itself was v strong.

Carracosta is better off physically attacking, so Waterfall is a better option. While Curse/SS can work, it would take a lot of setting up and honestly you're better off just setting up SS because balancing the two would suck and you'd still have -sdef in the end anyway. Sooo Aqua Jet is better over that to make up for Speed.

The rest looks fine altho I'd add Volt Switch over Reflect on Galvantula, but otherwise works!!

Thanks for the feedback. I think I would prefer having Emboar as a Tank rather than purely attack just to try something new, but I agree with you for Carracosta. Also I planned on having Reflect on Galvantula so it could set that up for Reuniclus or Emboar. I'll think about Volt Switch.

Back