• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Tutorials: Trainer Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2007
hi, i dumped all the trainers and pokemon into the PET program, but when i click on a trainer's name it comes up with a run time error saying 'overflow'. it seems to be ok with the trainers near the bottom but can somebody please help me whats happening or how to resolve the problem? thanks

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
Years
Well I was able to get the trainer to sortof work...

when u go upto and talk to him, the battle starts normally, but if he spots u even walking into the line of sight it freezes up b4 he walks to u...

and after the fight if i try to talk w/ him it goes red/maroon screen...

here's the script in the spoiler

Spoiler:

I'm so happy i got it to sortof work

ps. I was using pokescript for this because that seemed to work better for me, incase it looks weird.

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
Years
Well I was able to get the trainer to sortof work...

when u go upto and talk to him, the battle starts normally, but if he spots u even walking into the line of sight it freezes up b4 he walks to u...

and after the fight if i try to talk w/ him it goes red/maroon screen...

here's the script in the spoiler

Spoiler:

I'm so happy i got it to sortof work

ps. I was using pokescript for this because that seemed to work better for me, incase it looks weird.
get rid of the lock and faceplayer. It will do that automaticly. So get rid of it. And, this is a problem:
trainerbattle 0 1 $MadChall $MadDefeat
$MadChall 1 = Wast: Your going down!
$MadDefeat 1 = Wast: Next time, I'll win!
message $MadTalk

Do it as I have it in my tutorial.
Code:
trainerbattle 0 1 $MadChall $MadDefeat
message $MadTalk

#org $MadChall
$MadChall 1 = Wast: You're going down!

#org $MadDefeat
$MadDefeat 1 = Wast: Next time, I'll win!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2007
Does anyone know how to get rid of the run-time errors that occur on the PET program? it keeps saying 'OVERFLOW' when i choose a trainer!!! argh:@

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2007
sory 4 the double post but the trainers have like 16243 or something lik dat, it has a really high number and it comes up straight away with 'OVERFLOW'!!!! :@

Last edited:

Youji

Game Designer
Years
sory 4 the double post but the trainers have like 16243 or something lik dat, it has a really high number and it comes up straight away with 'OVERFLOW'!!!! :@

Maybe you havn't a supportet version. If I had chosen a german one I got the same error. Please use only FR/LG/R/S in the English Version in PET.

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2007
thanx 4 replying, it seems to be ok. dam if anyone comes up with a suggestion pls let me no :) tanx

Fireboy57

SilverCharizard
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2008
does anyone know a PET in english for FireRed??

Last edited:

Youji

Game Designer
Years
does anyone know a PET in english for FireRed??

You get it everywhere. Just download an Elitemap and open the folder. Than look out for the jongleur which is called PET. Open it and open your Rom.
Supportet ROMS: FR/LG/R/S in English and maybe (I don't know) in Japanease.

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2007
i think the PET program i got was dojey, ive tried 3 or 4 roms and none seem 2 work. will re-installing help?

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2007
where did you get it from, i think i got mine from whack a hack, but there was another place... egh, i aint having much look recently, my pkmn silver/crystal's memory broke too... :'(

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2007
thank u, now i got another one in ELITEMAP37. all of those numbers and stuff at the side are all trainers right?

Last edited:

Youji

Game Designer
Years
thank u, now i got another one in ELITEMAP37. all of those numbers and stuff at the side are all trainers right?

Which stuff do you mean? This in PET? Yes these are the index sprites of a trainer. Have a look at this:
Spoiler:

PokeFanatic12698

Legendary Trainer
Years
hi i need abit of help.
In advancemap, i added a sprite (or a person) and checked the box that says trainer. when i launch the rom and talk to him the game freezes for completely. and this is a big problem for me becuase i am making an edit of pokemon fire red. can somebody help me out?

Youji

Game Designer
Years
hi i need abit of help.
In advancemap, i added a sprite (or a person) and checked the box that says trainer. when i launch the rom and talk to him the game freezes for completely. and this is a big problem for me becuase i am making an edit of pokemon fire red. can somebody help me out?

You have to give him a script. I fnot it's 0000000 and that's Oaks script. So make one and give it to him. You have to make a trauner script of course.

treytrey113

a crazy dreaming hacker
Years
um yes i can't find the main charcter sprite at th opening it is important for my hack to have his opening

Youji

Game Designer
Years
um yes i can't find the main charcter sprite at th opening it is important for my hack to have his opening

You mean the OW sprite? It's 0 for the boy and.. I think 3 or 4 for the girl.
Or do you mean the ID for battling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back