• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
Try using movesprite2. It moves the person definately. I almost always use that. You could use for example:
movesprite2 LASTTALKED 0xFF 0xFF
and you will never see it again :)
For some reason, it's still not working. In fact, it doesn't disappear at all now. I even made sure that the script wasn't corrupt and rewrote it from scratch at a different offset. I used both LASTTALKED and 0x3 but I kept getting the same result.

I'm gonna post the script again just in-case I was missing something blatantly obvious.
Spoiler:

Bolens

Soul Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
Where is the script where i'm given the Pokedex in Emerald? I searched the map and couldn't find anything....

I'm not actually sure, but would it be in the Map-Scripts in the header tab of Advance Map in Prof. Birch's lab.

What commands would be necessary for me to have in a Nicknaming script? I know specials play a role in it, but what else?

Well if using XSE, all I know is just to use special 0x166. That should start the nickname script, I don't know the rest sorry.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
ive been trying to make a level script to occur right as the game starts, and i followed diegoisawesome's tutorial about level scripts but i had a problem. first here's the script
Spoiler:

and the video showing the problem is in the attachment below

anyways, it seems to skip the msgboxes and im not sure why. while going thru the steps made by diegoisawesome, he says " In the second part[script], there should be a pointer to your script. Under it, there should be a #raw word 0x(random number). Replace the random number with 0. Compile it and test it out in the game." But when i did it the random number was already 0, im not sure if thats the cause of the problem. can someone plz help me?

my question didnt get answered... i really need some help

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
Assuming you're using XSE, you forgot the box types after the pointers
(ex: msgbox @1 0x6

or msgbox 0x8800000 0x2)

thats weird. cuz when i had inserted it, it had put in the pointers. but, this being the script decompiled, now it left them out. i'll add them see and see what happens. thx. oh and i have another question, does SMCA change the direction the hero starts in, because right now he starts facing down and i want him facing up.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
thats weird. cuz when i had inserted it, it had put in the pointers. but, this being the script decompiled, now it left them out. i'll add them see and see what happens. thx. oh and i have another question, does SMCA change the direction the hero starts in, because right now he starts facing down and i want him facing up.
For your question, no. Doing that would require another level script, however far much simpler.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
If I'm right, then there's a command called spriteface.

Right! thanx for reminding me. can anyone tell me how to make fadescreen last a couple seconds, because when i use it, its just like a flash.

Edit: update on my level script, i added the 0x#s but it still doesnt show =( . i dont think it any problem with the way i set it up, cuz the script still happens, its just the the msgboxes dont appear.
on the upside, i got him to start facing up!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
Hey guys, im having trouble with movement scripts in Pksv. Heres my script:
#dyn 0x740000
#org @begin
trainerbattle 0x0 0x211 0x0 @intro @defeat
lock
msgbox @afterwards
callstd msg_normal
applymovement 0x10 @move
waitmovement 0x0
disappear LASTTALKED
setflag 0x251
release
end
#org @intro
= I will crush you!!!

#org @defeat
= You crushed me[.]

#org @afterwards
= I can also say something after the battle.

#org @move
= m walk_up walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right end

My two problems are that:
1. I want to lock the player after the battle so you cant leave without talking to the person you just battled.
2. After you talk to him, he just disappears without doing the movements.

Last edited:

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Right! thanx for reminding me. can anyone tell me how to make fadescreen last a couple seconds, because when i use it, its just like a flash.

Edit: update on my level script, i added the 0x#s but it still doesnt show =( . i dont think it any problem with the way i set it up, cuz the script still happens, its just the the msgboxes dont appear.
on the upside, i got him to start facing up!

I think you could use "pause 0x#" like:
Code:
fadescreen 0x1
pause 0x40
fadescreen 0x0
which would fade to a black screen, wait about two seconds, then go back to normal. For every 20 on the pause, the game waits about a second.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
I think you could use "pause 0x#" like:
Code:
fadescreen 0x1
pause 0x40
fadescreen 0x0
which would fade to a black screen, wait about two seconds, then go back to normal. For every 20 on the pause, the game waits about a second.

thanks for that, ill try it out. but i still need help with my level script. everything happens except the msgboxes do not appear. i tried adding in the type of msgbox (0x2,3,4,5, or 6) but still nothing shows. theres a video of the problem in an attachment.

Script:
Spoiler:

Bolens

Soul Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
Hey guys, im having trouble with movement scripts in Pksv. Heres my script:
#dyn 0x740000
#org @begin
trainerbattle 0x0 0x211 0x0 @intro @defeat
lock
msgbox @afterwards
callstd msg_normal
applymovement 0x10 @move
waitmovement 0x0
disappear LASTTALKED
setflag 0x251
release
end
#org @intro
= I will crush you!!!

#org @defeat
= You crushed me[.]

#org @afterwards

#org @move
= m walk_up walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right end

My two problems are that:
1. I want to lock the player after the battle so you cant leave without talking to the person you just battled.
2. After you talk to him, he just disappears without doing the movements.

Use this code instead, should work.

Code:
#dyn 0x740000
#org @begin
trainerbattle 0x1 0x211 0x0 @intro @defeat @after
end

#org @after
lock
msgbox @afterwards
callstd msg_normal
applymovement 0x10 @move 
pauseevent 0x0
disappear LASTTALKED
setflag 0x251
release
end

#org @intro
= I will crush you!!!

#org @defeat
= You crushed me[.]

#org @afterwards

#org @move 
Hopefully that helps you, if not, post again. Glad to help.

Kaylene

Hmm.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 21, 2023
I'm not all too sure what I did, but for whatever reason the wildbattle script is not agreeing with me. I'm fiddling with a rather simple script that creates a Rotom-esque encounter, but whenever I compile the script, the wildbattle part is never included (upon re-opening the script). Also, upon pressing 'Yes', it says "You gave the TV an odd look, but left it alone.", as if I had pressed 'No'.

My script editor is XSE, I'm editing FR, and I'm using the person event type.

Script:
Spoiler:

It worked at one point, and at another I re-opened the script and put the missing wildbattle line in and it worked, but I can't seem to replicate that effect. Thank you in advance, to anyone who decides to help.

Bumping up my question, as I am still in need of help. I'm sure it's something simple...

Bolens

Soul Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
Bumping up my question, as I am still in need of help. I'm sure it's something simple...

Try this
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @begin
lock
message @msg0
callstd 0x5
if 0x0 goto @yes
if 0x1 goto @no
end

#org @yes
message @msg1
boxset 0x6
wildbattle 0x158 0x5 0x0 0x0
release
end

#org @no
message @msg2
boxset 0x6
end

#org @msg0
= This TV is making strange sounds.\pTurn it on?

#org @msg1
= Something came out of the TV's\nmonitor and took physical form!

#org @msg2
= You gave the TV an odd look, but\nleft it alone.
Hope it helps, if it doesn't work post again. Glad to help.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
thanks for that, ill try it out. but i still need help with my level script. everything happens except the msgboxes do not appear. i tried adding in the type of msgbox (0x2,3,4,5, or 6) but still nothing shows. theres a video of the problem in an attachment.

Script:
Spoiler:

Here's an idea, remove the setflag/checkflag stuff in the beginning (I bolded it) cuz I think (and I know barely anything about level scripts) it doesn't really need it. Just try it. ^ ^

Django136

Epic Pro Baller
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2016
Hi, I'm working on my first hack and I'm having a little trouble with part of the opening sequence that leads into getting your first pokemon. Anyways, It's a hack of Fire Red and I'm using XSE. This script is activated by a trigger (I think that's what it's called?) when you step on it just outside the player's house. It's supposed to lead you up to the "lab". The script works fine, but randomly stops after move2 and doesn't continue on to move3 and move4. I don't see anything different about the set up of it so I'm not sure what's wrong, can anybody help? Also, it's an overworld leading you there, specifically, your rival.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
Here's an idea, remove the setflag/checkflag stuff in the beginning (I bolded it) cuz I think (and I know barely anything about level scripts) it doesn't really need it. Just try it. ^ ^

Tried it. didnt work =/. i guess ill just rewrite it and then recompile it with new offsets.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
This freezes the game, and I'm not sure why. :/
Spoiler:

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
This freezes the game, and I'm not sure why. :/
Spoiler:

I think for waitmovements you don't need the 0x[Person Id], what you really need there is waitmovement 0x0 (If you're using XSE)

If not, then show us the other parts you filled out in Advance Map (Like the Var Number and such).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back