• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CCS Studios

Status
Not open for further replies.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
  • Oh, yeah. It's a trigger event on an Emerald ROM.

Script in attachments.

Hope it's up to your expectations! :)

Sorry, but the script isn't up to the standards of this team. Specifically, the obsolete device used at the beginning, the lack of #defines, the non-descriptive dynamic labels, and the fact that the script could be shortened dramatically by using variables all leave much to be desired.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • Some updates:
    shocked2.png
    heal.png
    confused.png

Fireworks pitched the idea of a portrait system and after some consideration, I decided to give it a go. It took a long time to crop, index, resize, and then insert 130 different images into the ROM (along with 130 corresponding palettes and a bit of ASM tinkering) but thanks to some nifty Python and C++ scripts, I was able to do it fairly quickly (and I learned a lot about the .bmp file format, too :D). The portrait can be moved anywhere on the screen (though the screenshots only show it in its default position) and it supports thirteen different emotions for the starters (13 emotions * 10 starters = 130). I'm still working on getting a nice-looking border implemented and adding support for NPC portraits but for the time being, I need to focus on other things.

That's where y'all come in. Unfortunately, I'm going out of town again and for longer this time. However, I have a number of tasks that need to get done and although I won't be able to maintain an active hacking schedule over the next two weeks, that doesn't mean you guys can't. :)

With that said, I would like to get everybody active with at least something before I leave. So far, I've been very lax about assignments but I think it's time to kick things up a notch. If you are reading this and haven't been explicitly given a task, please contact me (preferably on PC) so I can give you something to work on while I'm gone. And if you don't, I'll be hunting you down soon anyways.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
  • I'll send you a PM with my version of the Follow Me script, if you want, colcolstyles. It's not any more done than my last youtube video, though. But perhaps you could finish it. I'm super busy with uni. You can send it to whoever you see fit if you think they can get it done. Let me know if you want it or not.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back