• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Do you think that some of the Unova Pokemon don't even look like Pokemon?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
most of these pokemon are pretty poor looking and i think they are running out of ideas come on who wants to use an ice cream cone or bag of rubbish a lot of them think they should. the designs of most are pretty poor there are only a few that i like which makes it difficult to make a team when playing through these games think they should bring back the originals.

It makes sense for people not wanting to use rubbish but an ice cream cone, well... there's nothing wrong with trying food, because it's pocket monsters and people trying to eat less food probably have nightmares about ice cream monsters? :x

Years

Ya that also makes sense with how the games themselves had older protagonists, thus hinted to something for an older age group. Otherwise they probably wouldn't have tried to tackle the darker issues in B/W. ;( There's also the generation gap, too, because really, things like Trubbish etc (hinting towards pollution and stuff!), the world is becoming more obsessed with actual "things", rather than the simplistic things such as spending time with animals outside, or at least from what I've noticed as I've grown up.

I agree with you Nica, I sorta knew something going with the Unova Pokemon designs.

Given the protagonists were older than in other games, the Pokemon also sorta looked like they were made to appeal the teenaged player. As hinted in a post above, the Kanto Pokemon were designed to be popular with kids.

Also, Unova has a lot of cute-looking and awesome Pokemon too. And with the complex designs it showed Pokefans that it took more than guessing to see what the origins of the Unova Pokemon were.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
Agreed with some people. Including with how there's like a Seedot, an Acorn. But I only use them for their stats, not their looks. Even though I made this thread a year ago.

Years
Agreed with some people. Including with how there's like a Seedot, an Acorn. But I only use them for their stats, not their looks. Even though I made this thread a year ago.

You've got a point there. There are only some Pokemon I hate for their stats and not their looks.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
You've got a point there. There are only some Pokemon I hate for their stats and not their looks.

Including Pikachu. I know that he's super cute and amazing, but he has a terrible stat makeup of Defenses and Attack and that he doesn't have that much kick butt moves. Hence is why I never use him, even Ledian. But some Pokemon I use that I kind of don't like but find it unique(Ferrothorn) comes in handy.

Last edited:
Back