• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who I Am Hates Who I've Been.

Crux

Evermore
Years
Have you ever been in a situation where you hated who you were, and what you had become?
If so, did you change, or embrace it?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Yeah. You ("you" being Roc) know what I'm thinking of while typing this.
At the time, I had no problem with it. Now I realize that I was a bit of a psychotic monster. It took me four or so months before I even tried to change. After several failed attempts, I did manage to change. Sometimes I consider going back to the way I was, but I know that it isn't worth how much I'll regret it in the future- and eventually having to go through this over again, once I decide to stop. [:

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I'm usually okay with how I am in the present, but I will always and forever despise my past self. ^__^ And I'm sure I'll feel the same about this version of me some ways in the future. That's just how it goes.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I like myself for who I am right now although back when I was younger, looking back on it I despised my past self ;__;. I was wrong. I was stubborn. I didn't stand up for myself. If I could go back in time and change that, I would definitely do it. Not judge people by their looks, not being a stubborn mule and standing up to all the bullies who tried to make life miserable. Sigh, but I was young, still am. But I'm glad my ways have changed now and I love myself for who I am today, while trying to forget the past. :x

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I love and hate my past self at the same time but if I had to choose a specific time in my life where I felt like **** really hit the fan it would have to be my time in middle school where I couldn't possibly be a bigger ahole.

Over time though I mellowed out and I'm not as talkative as I was back then so I'm far less annoying than I used to be back then.

Last edited:

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Yes, I was on it once, when I regret my past.
That caused me to become unsocial back then, but I managed to try to break that attitude.

Sir Codin

Oh, hell yeah. I hate what I once was. I'm not even sure if I like who I am now.

Years
My past self is dead to me. :D

I feel like this is how I'm going to go through life, always looking back in shame and disappointment with who I used to be. I bet I'll look back on this moment even and feel the same way.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
I think everyone hates aspects of who they've been, but it's wrong and not necessarily healthy to hate who you were entirely. You just have to look back and realize that what you used to be lead to who you are now and that's all that matters at this point in time. :] I know realizing this has made me a happier person.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I've never had people tell me that I've been a jerk, but I just realized it one day and decided to change. That was about two years ago, if I remember correctly. I hate my past self a lot, but I'm comfortable with who I am now so it's all good.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
My past self is dead to me. :D

I feel like this is how I'm going to go through life, always looking back in shame and disappointment with who I used to be. I bet I'll look back on this moment even and feel the same way.

^ This.

I like who I am the way I am right now, but who I am in the past is someone who I would not like to ever revert to. All I can do now is to learn from my mistakes and move on, acknowledging and bettering myself of my weaknesses and hopefully becoming more of a person whom I see myself to be in the future.

I urge everyone to do the same!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I didn't hate myself when I got out of high school but I wanted a new identity. So I tried to become outgoing, care more about fashion, and care less what other people thought of me as long as I was happy with myself. And it (mostly) worked. :3

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I've kind of always hated myself or at least parts of myself, I just always have and wanted to change, but I dont know exactly what I need to change.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
For the longest time I was a self that I absolutely hated, but I didn't realise it because I told myself frequently that it wasn't true and that everything was temporary. It wasn't until recently that I started becoming a me that I actually like and it's only now that I realise exactly how miserable I was and how much I was fooling myself into thinking I was happy. I didn't know any better, but I do now :D

Guy

just a guy
Years
In present terms, I've always loved myself. Currently, I love myself. When I reflect back to the person I was though, there are moments I can remember where I'd just shake my head and think, "Wow, was that really me? Did I really do that?"

zebraskin

Um... I like pizza!
Years
Who I used to be was an emo idiot that wanted attention. That part of me is dead now. Dead and buried in a hole.

I kind of hate who I am now, too, just because I curse so much. Lately at school I can't go three sentences without dropping the F-bomb. I need to hang out with other people who don't curse as much. :P

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Put it off long enough Talli think...

I used to hate myself in high school because I was a really royal pain in the bottom to a boy in my History class. Still ponds on me today if only I had been kinder to him.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
The farther we go back, the more I despise who I was on the past. This, however, stops at about 11. It's when I became 12 where things went awry.

Melody

Banned
Years
I regret nothing. I don't hate my past self, because if I were never like that, I doubt I could be the person I am today, who I love!

Sure, maybe I was younger and more naive about things. Perhaps even ignorant or blind to things. But there's nothing despicable about not knowing. Personally the worst I can feel about my past self is pity that I didn't learn some things sooner. But even through that I know that my experiences shape me, and so all of them are an integral part of me.

Back