• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate rain team for single battles on Wifi

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2011
    Thundurus with Damp Rock- Modest - Prankster 252 SPA- 252 SPE- 6 DEF

Rain Dance
    Thunder
    Thunder Wave
    Focus Blast

Kingdra with Lum Berry- Modest- Swift Swim 252 SPA- 252 SPE- 6 HP

Rain Dance
    Surf
    Draco Meteor
    Dragon Pulse

Scizor with Metal Coat- Adamant- Technician 252 HP/252 ATK/6 Speed

Bullet Punch
    U-turn
    Brick Break
    Pursuit

Those are the 3 pokemon I generally use right now for the single battles. I'm thinking of putting Starmie in there maybe instead of Scizor.

I want to get a choice band for Scizor but haven't taken the time to get it yet from the Battle Subway.

The Thundurus just sets up Rain Dance with priority and then usually gets killed. Then I put in Scizor or Kingdra according to the matchup and try to sweep. Scizor generally just uses Bullet Punch. Seems like everything gets killed pretty easily at level 50 battles.

Record so far not great at 53-63, but I just got the Thundurus trained yesterday and need to get a better Scizor/Starmie.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • If you have Drizzle Politoed, it can replace Thundurus as a lead.
    -Surf/Hydro Pump/Scald
    -Ice Beam
    -Focus Blast
    -Hypnosis/Hidden Power (Electric/Grass)
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/4SDef
    Item: Leftovers/Choice Specs
    Ability: Drizzle

Give Scizor the Choice Band and move 4 HP EVs into its Speed.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2011
    I thought Drizzle was banned with swift swim?

Plus, isn't it a dream world ability? I don't think I can get that yet.

Also, what counters are there to Porygon2 that just uses trick room/then last resort over and over. Last resort is ridiculously powerful.

But yeah the Thundurus does basically suck, and Scizor's low speed is so I can take a hit and then U-turn out. I don't think I actually put the 6 EV into speed, probably special defense.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2012
    248 HP benefits scizor more than 252 (you can switch into sr 9 times rather than 8.) Max out attack and dump the rest in speed. 248 hp/252 atk/8 spe

Cradily

Fossil merchant
    Years
  • My friend you are missing out on a non legendary and by far one of the best rain dance pokemon.

that name is Ludicolo

Ability - Rain dish (Heals 1/16 hp per turn when rain dance is in effect)
    Item - Leftovers

Nature: Bold
    Ev's: 252 HP 128 Defense 128 Special Defense

Moveset

Dive
    Leech Seed
    Toxic
    Rain Dance

Basically here you got yourself a defense hp regaining tank, quite simply annoying for your opposition but fun for you.

Rain Dance ofcourse for a starter unless withdrawn into the battlefield in those circumstances, therfore go and leech them.

Imagine, everyturn, leftover over will heal you, rain dish ability will heal you, leech seed with damage them and also heal you! Thats alot of health a turn man!

Toxic on the second stroke which will kill them off surely and to put the salt in the wound a Stab move dive which should be used when in the situation of battering them, Dive will do some moderate damage, maybe not alot but some, but thats not what it can only use for...

It will be a counter to taunt and even better that it is like dig, therfore one turn you will not get hit! and that means a turn of pure health regenration or even 2! plus hit.

i would reccomend Ludicolo!

Edit: What i also care to mention is Dive will be stronger with RD in effect as well as STAB, but you would know that but it will make the post look better!

Reply here or VM if it helps or your opinion on it :)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    i would reccomend Ludicolo!

And then they switch in Reuniclus. What do you do then? Or they bring in Sandstorm. Or Drought. Or they just bring in Scizor and U-turn to not only maul you but absorb Toxic and run away from Leech Seed. You're walled by Liquid Ooze Tentacruel. You're walled by anything with Substitute. You're shut down entirely by anything with Taunt. Hell, you're beaten by Gliscor - and what kind of Water-type Pokemon gets beaten by Gliscor? Just from the looks of it, this is an offensive team - suggesting a non-offensive, non-viable set that is like 100% gimmick isn't going to assist this team at all, especially when there's still a much better variant of Ludicolo in Swift Swim. At least that version isn't walled by Gliscor.

Cradily

Fossil merchant
    Years
  • There is weaknesses to everything, Ludicolo is amazing for me, he does his job nicely.

Ofcourse one should learn his choices wisely, you see your foes pokemon before battle, i use that as a advantage and select the 3 which will work better against those.

its ofcourse common sense.

and i dont mean you dont pal, i am just saying.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    There is weaknesses to everything, Ludicolo is amazing for me, he does his job nicely.

Ofcourse one should learn his choices wisely, you see your foes pokemon before battle, i use that as a advantage and select the 3 which will work better against those.

its ofcourse common sense.

and i dont mean you dont pal, i am just saying.

The thing is, this Ludicolo set you're talking about - it has more weaknesses than it should. There are more problems with it than there are bonuses. The whole idea of competitive battling is to limit your weaknesses to a point where you can hardly get beat; not to expand them to the point that anything or anyone can come by with a chance to win.

And I don't have any idea what you said with the last sentence.

Cradily

Fossil merchant
    Years
  • I aint the best with English i apoligise, i do agree with your assumption but as i said its about choosing the right choice, from my experince online with it, it does very well which only gives me praise!

Ludicolo is more effective during double battles with support from Bronzong or other support pokemon, that will only get the very best out of him.

i hope you understand

Back