• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Last names

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I think this kind of applies to the anim? more, that?s where you?d hear it not in game. *moved for you* ^_^;

~*Silent Tattsu*~

Has gone~
    Years
  • You got the Misty one right Phoenix but not Brockos ^_^;;;

Misty Waterflower

Brock Slate < That one makes sense and i'm pretty sure that his real last name

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Apr 17, 2004
    Misty, May and Brock do not have last names.

"Misty Waterflower" and "Brock Slate" are made up names.

"Misty Williams" and "Brock Harrison" may or may not have been the work of WB (they appeared around the time of the first movie's release) but 4Kids and Pok?mon USA have confirmed that they are *not* official last names.

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
  • actually i think that Mistys last name is Waterflower cause in the episode: "The Waterflowers of Cerulean City" it mentions Waterflower, so either they're talking about a watery flower, or thats Mistys last name...but i havnt a clue! :P

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
  • Sapphire Latios said:
    actually i think that Mistys last name is Waterflower cause in the episode: "The Waterflowers of Cerulean City" it mentions Waterflower, so either they're talking about a watery flower, or thats Mistys last name...but i havnt a clue! :P
    Here we go back to the wonderful world of the incessant rumors...^_^;; That "Waterflower" gossip has been around ever since that episode first aired. I don't think 4Kids Entertainment or Kids' WB had intended on it being The Sensational Sisters' (including Misty) last name. They probably titled it that way because they are all named after flowers (with the exception of Misty...AGAIN...>_<) and specialize in water-related activities and Pokemon. Therefore, the people that dub the titles wanted to add a little "zing" to it. That's my theory at least. ^_^ I have heard the last names Williams for Misty and Harrison for Brock, too. I bet that's a big ol' crock of prunes as well, lol.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2019

I have heard the last names Williams for Misty and Harrison for Brock, too. I bet that's a big ol' crock of prunes as well, lol.
    "Misty Williams" and "Brock Harrison" may or may not have been the work of WB (they appeared around the time of the first movie's release) but 4Kids and Pok�mon USA have confirmed that they are *not* official last names.
    The earliest mention of Williams that I can find is a book published in the year 2000 (Film Review 56th Edition) by James Cameron-Wilson, page 107 refers to her as Misty Williams when listing the cast/roles of the 1st film
    Page_107_of_Film_Review_56th_edition.png

The earliest mention of Harrison that I can find is a book published in the year 2003 (John Willis' Screen World) by John A. Willis, page 322 reiterates Cameron-Wilson's usage of "Misty Williams" as well as also saying both "Brock Harrison" and also "James Morgan".
    Page_322_of_John_Willis'_Screen_World_2003.png

The reference to the American release date of 11 October 2002 means Willis must be describing the cast for Pokémon 4Ever - Celebi: Voice of the Forest

There is also that purported July 2006 interview with the magazine K-Zone Australia where Eric Stuart volunteered "Brock's last name is Harrison" when asked for something that most people don't know. It's possible Stuart had been told this name in response to the 2003 publication of it by JWSW or perhaps they had an independent source.

Another thing to note is the Danish cast's credits on the Anime News Network article at https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=196 which lists "Lulu Jacobsen as Misty Williams" and "Peter Holst-Beck as Brock Harrison". These surnames do not appear next to any of the other language-version credits...

In checking the "Wayback Machine" to see when these were added, you can see they were absent 9 October 2004 then present 21 December 2004

So while it does not predate the appearance in John Willis' Screen World (2003) this does predate any 2006 interview and might have influenced Eric Stuart's statement.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I think whether or not you want to consider them their last names is all up to you because they're non-canon. Just how I see it.

also wow this is a thread from '04 how???

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Wow, you really dug up a relic here!

I think the whole last name thing doesn't really matter, tbh. Knowing any of the characters full names would have virtually no impact on the story imo.

Years
  • Brock Obama, one of the most valued president of the united states.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back