• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You're Trapped! [Gen 5 OU RMT]

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
You're Trapped

At a Glance
645.gif
479-W.gif
248.gif
579.gif
530.gif
462.gif

This team has been pretty successful for me. It's based around Luring and Trapping, as well as high offense. I don't really have any solid ladder number because I haven't dedicated any time to it, but I'm basically looking on some way to improve this team and make it top notch.

Meet the Team

645.gif
@ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Sucks I had to replace Mienshao, but this guy is definitely more efficient at taking out Gliscor, as well as getting a boost from the Sand. Rock Polish is great because of all the opportunities to use it, and after Magnezone gets rid of the respective Pokemon it lets this guy do a huge number. The only thing I'm really missing is U-Turn. :(

479-W.gif
@ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

So this guy is doing pretty nicely on the team itself. WoW takes care of lots of Physical threats that might otherwise ruin Reuniclus. Gyara stands no chance against me, especially Bounce / Waterfall so this definitely accomplished that. Hydro Pump likes to take advantage of Rain before I get tar back out, and can deal without it. Pain Split isn't doing that great, mainly because it's so expected I'm guessing. It doesn't help against stall, though, so I suppose I'll keep it.

248.gif
@ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Wow is this thing great. Chandelure, Reuniclus, Latias, and even with Trick Room Gengar, Alakazam and basically anything else fall to this thing's knees. I honestly thing it's one of the best Pokemon to ever grace the game when played correctly. Generally hits everything hard as well and keeps the weather on my side.

579.gif
@ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Trick Room

Trick Room provides some good support for the slower members of the team, while they can still function without it. I don't really use Shadow Ball that much with Ttar so I've been considering using Recover over it. Looking for suggestions here. Does great when I'm up against TR teams.

530.gif
@ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Return
- Rock Slide

This is my assurance against faster Pokemon. I don't like to get raped by anything with DD, so this guy is here to come out after I sacrifice one of my other powerful members, as they usually don't let stuff get in any more than 1. (Except Gyara, which is why I need something on Jellicent). Pretty much late game sweeps every time, never gets to do much early on.

462.gif
@ Air Balloon
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This guy is awesome. Takes Ferrothorn and Skarm out of the way so that Excadrill and Ttar can have their way with opposing teams. HP Fire 2HKOs Ferro outside of rain and lately they haven't been carrying enough attack to break my subs, so this guy even gets a chance to take out something else. I'm thinking Leftovers over balloon since I don't have to worry about Chomp as much.

Threat List Coming Soon

Main threat is Sub Gyara

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 16, 2011
Nice team. My best recommendation for Jellicent would be switching into Tyranitar if you think your opponent will use Sub, and switch back to Jellicent when he tries to take advantage of that second turn. It'll set you down two turns, but you'll at least start wearing on him with Sand. Afterwards, even if Hex/Water Spout isn't doing much, you'll at least make it difficult to prop up another sub with sand wearing him down behind it. *USUALLY* Gyarados are extremely predictable and will use their first turns trying to boost.

Another recommendation is turn Jellicent into your second Trick Room user. It sounds redundant with Reuniclus, but that might be an advantage if people think the psychic fetus is the only one supplying the Trick Room. In one turn, slow Jelli has made Dragon Dancing pointless until the Room is gone and is able to spam almost guaranteed first turn Water Spouts/Hex (Or Shadow Ball to lower SpDef) or pave the way for a switch to Reuniclus while your opponent tries to counter or switch himself.

It's not much, but short of taking the easy way out and trading to a different wall, your team is good with a little bit of mind games.

Ooka

Years
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately switching doesn't help me take out Gyara's sub, and Hex doesn't break it without the burn considering Gyara's already decent Sp. Def. HP Electric just doesn't seem like it would be doing anything but hitting gyara or I'd use it. I'm considering Rotom-W in the spot, but then I lose two great immunities, but at the same time gain one that helps the team out pretty well. Looking for some input there (I'm currently testing it, no obvious results yet).

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Noob question.

Why is Return being run on Doryuuzu over Rapid Spin / X-Scissor? If Earthquake is the move of choice in nearly every situation, Rock Slide covers the majority of Flying-types that switch in (and for those that resist it, Return tends to do just as poorly as X-Scissor) and X-Scissor could cover the Psychic-types that carry Levitate (and not miss on Ghost-types).

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Noob question.

Why is Return being run on Doryuuzu over Rapid Spin / X-Scissor? If Earthquake is the move of choice in nearly every situation, Rock Slide covers the majority of Flying-types that switch in (and for those that resist it, Return tends to do just as poorly as X-Scissor) and X-Scissor could cover the Psychic-types that carry Levitate (and not miss on Ghost-types).

Its Excadrills best option against Gliscor, Rotom-W, Breloom and Virizion.

That Jellicent set is rather bad tbh. Hex is unreliable to say the least, use Shadow Ball and then Surf over Water Spout with a defensive spread. Though Rotom-W will probably be alot better in its spot. The fighting resist you lose out on wont matter that much as you can always replace Meinshao for Landlorus with HP Ice whom essentially does the same thing lure wise and benefits from sand.

192 HP / 64 Def / 252 S.Atk on Reuniclus lets you avoid a 2hko from LO Scizors Bullet Punch iirc.

The main problem i can see here is that you lack Stealth Rock so its not really a surprise Gyarados is problematic. Id look to try and make Tar mixed. (Pursuit/Ice Beam/Blast/SR)

Hope this helps a little.

flamehaze94

Jeste!
Years
Let me tell you that Rotom-W can be an excellent teammate if you're up for it. The most common Pokemon that switch into Rotom-W are the Lati@s, Ferrothorn, and Virizion. With your your team, you can Pursuit Latios before it causes trouble, trap Ferrothorn, or get a free TR off Virizion. It also works as a decent check for Excadrill should Magnezone's Balloon be popped.

Ooka

Years
Alright, thanks a bunch for the feedback, it's definitely improved the team. Landorus does a much better job at killing Gliscor because Jirachi can't happily come in. I do miss the U-Turn to Magnezone though.

Rotom-W is just an improved Jellicent. I would have went defensive jelly, but I try to keep the momentum going and throwing a wall in there just seems to halt that, giving my opponent more time to think. D: But yeah, Rotom-W is definitely good in the spot.

Any other help would still be appreciated. :D

Back