• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst Trainer Death based on Poke-dex entry (sensitive members warned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years
Darkrai scares me. It's probably one of the scariest pokemon. With how it can send you into a nightmare...That'd be horrible. ;.;

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Has anyone mentioned Frillish's entry? Apparantly according to the White entry, they "paralyze prey with poison, then drag them down to their lairs, five miles below the surface." That's quite a morbid combination of drowning and poisoning, but at least it guarantees death.

TOGAgirl

The Orange Gaming Angel
Years
Is nobody else worried about a revived Kabutops? Those thing swill maul you to death and feast on your bodily fluids! Not to mention death by Hypno or Drifloon. I know their dex entries just say your taken, but your never seen again.
I'm assuming that means death. either that or they are hosting one mess of a party. They must have a lot of free food...

GhastlyGastly

Crazy Pokémon Lady
Years
I admit, the Creepypasta about Hypno's FireRed Pokédex entry scares the ever-living hell out of me.
Link: ([S-HIGHLIGHT]proceed at own risk, may be incredibly disturbing, especially to younger readers[/S-HIGHLIGHT])

FR: "It carries a pendulum-like device. There once was an incident in which it took away a child it hypnotized."
HypnoPedo.png

Or, some of my favorite Pokémon: Haunter and Gengar.

Haunter:

G: "In total darkness, where nothing is visible, Haunter lurks, silently stalking its next victim."
C: "It hides in the dark, planning to take the life of the next living thing that wanders close by."
R/S/E: "If a Haunter beckons you while it is floating in darkness, don't approach it. This Pokémon will try to lick you with its tongue and steal your life away."
FR: "If you get the feeling of being watched in darkness when nobody is around, Haunter is there."
HG: "In total darkness, where nothing is visible, Haunter lurks, silently stalking its next victim."

Gengar:

Y: "A Gengar is close by if you feel a sudden chill. It may be trying to lay a curse on you."
S: "To steal the life of its target, it slips into the prey's shadow and silently waits for an opportunity."
FR: "It is said to emerge from darkness to steal the lives of those who become lost in mountains."
P: "The leer that floats in darkness belongs to a Gengar delighting in casting curses on people."
SS: "To steal the life of its target, it slips into the prey's shadow and silently waits for an opportunity."
B/W/B2/W2: "The leer that floats in darkness belongs to a Gengar delighting in casting curses on people."

There are many more of course, but those came to mind immediately. The worst part is that they're implied deaths: the entries don't directly discuss what precisely happens to the victims of these Pokémon.

Last edited:

大輔

Adventurer
Years
Gorebyss - Although Gorebyss is the very picture of elegance and beauty while swimming, it is also cruel. When it spots prey, this Pokémon inserts its thin mouth into the prey's body and drains the prey of its body fluids.

...that's pretty scary... especially if you go swimming on the beach

Nordk

Chief Harpoonist
Years
Trevenant traps people inside it's body, and "can control trees at will". Granted it only traps people who harm the forest, but how does it define "harm"? Will picking a flower give it enough cause to go after you?

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
Years
Spr_4d_480.png

Known as "The Being of Knowledge." It is said that it can wipe out the memory of those who see its eyes.

Suppose it makes you forget how to breathe....

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 16, 2015
Paras/Parasect:

Emerald: "A Paras has parasitic tochukaso mushrooms growing on its back. They grow by drawing nutrients from the host. They are valued as a medicine for long life."
R/B: "A host-parasite pair in which the parasite mushroom has taken over the host bug. Prefers damp places."
Yellow: "The bug host is drained of energy by the mushrooms on its back. They appear to do all the thinking."
Crystal: "When nothing's left to extract from the bug, the mushrooms on its back leave spores on the bug's egg."

Those mushrooms looks like they're big enough for a human.

GhastlyGastly

Crazy Pokémon Lady
Years
Paras/Parasect:

Emerald: "A Paras has parasitic tochukaso mushrooms growing on its back. They grow by drawing nutrients from the host. They are valued as a medicine for long life."
R/B: "A host-parasite pair in which the parasite mushroom has taken over the host bug. Prefers damp places."
Yellow: "The bug host is drained of energy by the mushrooms on its back. They appear to do all the thinking."
Crystal: "When nothing's left to extract from the bug, the mushrooms on its back leave spores on the bug's egg."

Those mushrooms looks like they're big enough for a human.

The worst part.... They're 100% real. :pink_eek:

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
Years
Spr_4d_480.png

Known as "The Being of Knowledge." It is said that it can wipe out the memory of those who see its eyes.

Suppose it makes you forget how to breathe....

One of the books in Canalave's library seems to be referencing all of the Lake Trio in... a rather disturbing light. Suffice it to say that I'd never even want to get near one of them.

Anyway, I would have to say Houndoom would be high on my list. Even if it didn't end up killing you, you'd probably end up putting yourself out of your misery if you felt the pain from its fire for the rest of your life. (There was a creepy pasta about that I've read once, actually...)

Any of the various Ghost-types would do the trick, too. Some of them have really morbid 'dex entries...

Shadeh

KABOOM!
Years
Lampent: It arrives near the moment of death and steals spirit from the body

Pawniard: Ignoring their injuries, groups attack by sinking the blades that cover their bodies into their prey.

WeepinBell: It spits out poison powder to immobilize the enemy and then finishes it with a spray of acid.

Vibrava: It generates ultrasonic waves by violently flapping its wings. After making its prey faint, it melts the prey with acid.

-Slow Clap-

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
Not to mention death by Hypno or Drifloon. I know their dex entries just say your taken, but your never seen again.
I'm assuming that means death. either that or they are hosting one mess of a party. They must have a lot of free food...
It could be an in-universe equivalent to faeries stealing people to make into changelings: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Changeling

Basically, according to legend, faeries sometimes steal people (typically though not always children) to use for various reasons (pets, slaves, adopted children, for use in experiments, sex slaves, just to be jerks, etc). They may or may not leave a "fetch," or a copy (typically enchanted twigs or a fae child) as a replacement of the person they took. Occasionally, a faerie might get bored of their changeling and release it, but by that point, the changeling has been exposed to the faerie world long enough to cause several problems:
1) They're not entirely human anymore, and may have mutated or may have powers beyond his/her control either due to prolonged exposure to the faerie world or due to the faerie deciding to make cosmetic and functional alterations to their human.
2) The faerie world operates on an entirely different moral and logical system than the human world, and drives most people insane after a while, so some people become no longer able to function independently. They might not be able to understand or clearly discern the differences between worlds anymore.
3) Time passes differently. A person might have spent years in the faerie world but was only gone from the human world for minutes, or may have only been in the faerie world for a short time yet gone from the human world for decades. Or they could even go back in time.
4) Some find themselves drawn back into the hedge because the faerie world is now more familiar than the human world.

So there could be Pokemon out there with insane humans as pets and slaves and (not necessarily willing) lovers. And they could be modifying their humans to suit their tastes.

And this is one of the reasons why I won't be the least bit surprised if we start seeing Fairy types with really horrifying PokeDex entries.

And this totally gives me a new story idea.... I was already going to have a hedge-like horror town, but I might have to up the ante or do a much darker game on the side....

Last edited:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
There's so many, but oddly enough this one has always particularly disturbed me.

FireRed: "It happened one morning - a boy with extrasensory powers awoke in bed transformed into Kadabra."

WTH. So many questions about this. Was this the first ever Kadabra, or is every Kadabra just a transformed boy with psychic powers? It's always disturbed me to think that some Pokemon actually used to be humans, because we're basically putting them into slavery and having them fight each other to the brink of death for our own amusement. As many questions as this Pokedex entry raises, none are ever answered. I would think that this should warrant an entire movie or at least a story arc in the anime, but nope. The mystery remains ><

Shadeh

KABOOM!
Years
^ There are a few of those. Those stump child pokemon are childrens' spirits that got stuck in the woods and those pokemon with the weird human face on them. ueghh

Yukari

I would side with Red's Hawt Chibi Pellipers, and Shada. Nothing else needs to be said...

Years
I was surprised no-one mentioned Yamask or Phantump yet.

The former often looks at its mask that was apparently what its former self looked like, while the latter is a stump possessed by the spirit of a dead child. Seriously, a lot of Ghost Pokemon have the creepiest Dex entries to date.

Oh, and Honedge. Its Y Dex entry is creepy as heck, because it apparently drains the life force of people who try to hold it like a real sword. No wonder why it hated getting its tassel petted in Pokemon Amie.

Shadeh

KABOOM!
Years
I was surprised no-one mentioned Yamask or Phantump yet.

The former often looks at its mask that was apparently what its former self looked like, while the latter is a stump possessed by the spirit of a dead child. Seriously, a lot of Ghost Pokemon have the creepiest Dex entries to date.

Oh, and Honedge. Its Y Dex entry is creepy as heck, because it apparently drains the life force of people who try to hold it like a real sword. No wonder why it hated getting its tassel petted in Pokemon Amie.
We already got those xD But I think there are more, correct?

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Duskull in Gen V: "It loves the crying of children. It startles bad kids by passing through walls and making them cry."

Haunter in Pokemon Yellow: "By licking, it saps the victim's life. It causes shaking that won't stop until the victim's demise."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back