• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hip Hop (x) Rap Appreciation

NerdSparks

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    Can't say I see one here currently, but if not (even if there is) let's make this one official).

News
    Top News

Albums
    Albums Dropped
    Lasers by Lupe Fiasco
    Shaolin vs Wu Tang by Raekwon
    Give the Drummer Some by Travis Barker
    F.A.M.E by Chris Brown
    Rolling Papers by Wiz Khalifa
    Goblin by Tyler, the Creator
    All 6s and 7s by Tech N9ne
    Hell the Sequel by Bad Meets Evil
    Finally Famous by Big Sean

Albums Expected
    Legendary Weapons by Wu Tang Clan
    Success is Certain by Royce da 5'9
    Tha Carter IV by Lil Wayne
    Cole World by J.Cole
    Take Care by Drake
    Detox by Dr Dre
    Watch the Throne by Kanye West and Jay Z

Successful Albums
    This Year
    -Finally Famous
    -Rolling Papers
    -All 6s and 7s
    -Goblin
    All Time
    To be updated with member recommendations

Artists
    Artists to Watch
    • Drake
    • Kanye West
    • B.o.B
    • Rick Ross
    • Tyler, the Creator
    • Frank Ocean

Up and Coming
    • Diggy Simmons
    • Odd Future
    • Dom Kennedy
    • Frank Ocean

Topics of Discussion
    • Favorite Album of the Year thus Far
    • An Album you Consider Classic
    • Least Favorite Album
    • Favorite Rapper

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    The last one died, but I'm glad this is here because I just heard Kendrick Lamar's new album Section.80 and it was really great. Definite essential-listen! Curren$y's new album is decent too, but I wouldn't recommend to anyone that isn't already a fan of his.

NerdSparks

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    Kendrick Lamar's album was very good. I gave it about an 8.5/10. In my opinion Kendrick Lamar is very talented, and I had seen that in his debut album (O)verly (D)edicated. I think this is a better album in production and his rhymes.

Years
  • I'm glad that this is back.

I'm probably going to be flamed for this but I've been listening back through Eminem's stuff lately and does anyone else think Relapse is actually better than Recovery?

I think Em painted a very good picture in Relapse and while Recovery was good, it didn't have the same effect.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'm glad that this is back.

I'm probably going to be flamed for this but I've been listening back through Eminem's stuff lately and does anyone else think Relapse is actually better than Recovery?

I think Em painted a very good picture in Relapse and while Recovery was good, it didn't have the same effect.
    I agree, but I still didn't like Relapse that much either. I prefer his earlier stuff. I honestly don't understand the hype around Recovery, it's got a few decent tracks, but nowhere near as good as other albums Em has done.

I did enjoy Hell: the Sequel by Bad Meets Evil though; it wasn't great, but there were some solid tracks on there and I think it's the best thing Eminem has done in about 10 years. Hopefully Bad Meets Evil will stick around this time.

NerdSparks

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    I can see where Recovery might be a better album to Relapse, but even still I enjoyed Relapse a lot more. Hell: The Sequel, in my opinion has been the only really solid Eminem album since The Eminem Show.

Back