• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Okay, so this happens.

lBioheE.png

Everytime I enter or exit from a door, those weird tiles appear. It only happens to those specific tiles. Nothing else is screwed up. It probably has something to do with the door animation, but I don't know how to fix it. Help?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Okay, so this happens.

lBioheE.png

Everytime I enter or exit from a door, those weird tiles appear. It only happens to those specific tiles. Nothing else is screwed up. It probably has something to do with the door animation, but I don't know how to fix it. Help?

This was answered litterally at the top of the page...-_- You (or someone else) inserted the tile over the tile that had a door animation attached to it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2013
Trying to mod Pokemon Emerald here. Trial and Error for almost 10 hours total, only manage to achieve 50% of what I want with unLZ-GBA.

ROM : Pokemon Emerald clean.

1. Load ROM.
2. Select LATIOS.
3. File > Export image.
4. Select LATIAS.
5. Edit.
6. Import All, the LATIOS sprite I exported.
7. Synchronise Palettes. Everything looks fine in frame 0 except for frame 1, where it's all grey. How do I solve this?
8. Write to ROM. Get error, Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.

I'm pretty lost.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
You shouldn't use apse for emerald, use unlz. Theres a tut around here.
If that won't work then use Fire red, it's most commonly hacked and more popular with features and such.

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2013
I took you advice and go with Fire Red.
Only to encounter the same error when trying to Write to ROM.

Export Bulbasaur, import to Charmander and error when trying to write.
Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow. This error really killing my will to hack.

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2016
Does anyone know how I would go about editing which moves are taught by move tutors (the 16 that teach one dedicated move) using hex?

GoGoJJTech

Years
Rebounder86

If you have two programs using the same ROM at the same time, that could happen.
Also you could be importing to an offset with no free space.

YogiBerra

There's a tool somewhere, I'll VM you it tomorrow. Remind me though ;)

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2016
Yeah I tried using a tool and managed to break my ROM, stupidly not backing up beforehand. I was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge on how to do it manually. The ROM still works fine and everything, but trying to load it in a Move Tutor Editing program results in an error.

Edit: Nevermind, I had an ingenious idea to just find the offset of the move tutor data and replace what I screwed up with the data from a clean ROM. I don't know why I didn't think of that sooner.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Yeah I tried using a tool and managed to break my ROM, stupidly not backing up beforehand. I was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge on how to do it manually. The ROM still works fine and everything, but trying to load it in a Move Tutor Editing program results in an error.

What kind of error? If you post it, someone might be able to help.

Also, does the program you have use an ini file? If so, you should be able to look up the offset for your game in it. Then you can go there in a Hex Editor and edit them - as I recall, it is just a list of moves.

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2016
Yes, it is, separated by 00 bytes rather than the FF bytes my ROM had for some reason, I worked it out though, thank you very much :P

Edit: So all that I have for the move is a single byte, meaning that moves with index numbers over FF (256 in decimal) seem to be incompatible with Move Tutors :/

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Yes, it is, separated by 00 bytes rather than the FF bytes my ROM had for some reason, I worked it out though, thank you very much :P

Edit: So all that I have for the move is a single byte, meaning that moves with index numbers over FF (256 in decimal) seem to be incompatible with Move Tutors :/

I'm fairly certain the zeroes are there as part of the Move ID, not as a buffer. The games read moves as half-words (2 bytes), so even though Mega Punch is 05, it is really 0005 (though remember that, because it's in Little Endian, you have to reverse the order to 05 00).

So, if you wanted to put in something like Cosmic Power (0x142), you would separate the bytes into 01 42, reverse them to make 42 01 and put that into the Move Tutor table.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Yep, that's me
Years
Where can you get a save editor from? My mate just texted me like ten minutes ago and told me that you can edit the propertys of the Pokemon that are in your party and chance levels, make it a shiny, give it items and moves. He told me to look into it on my own and Google is being a egg right now or it could be my phone, IDK.

Thanks!

Is this a simple question? I have no idea as I am a newb in the hack area and have looking at the theads here by the side and I like tinkling with programms so I might keep reading the threads and try it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2013
what kind of emulator didi you use guys to play pokemon ash gray??? i use vba emulator but it doesnt work!!!help me guys plsssss

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Where can you get a save editor from? My mate just texted me like ten minutes ago and told me that you can edit the propertys of the Pokemon that are in your party and chance levels, make it a shiny, give it items and moves. He told me to look into it on my own and Google is being a egg right now or it could be my phone, IDK.

Thanks!

Is this a simple question? I have no idea as I am a newb in the hack area and have looking at the theads here by the side and I like tinkling with programms so I might keep reading the threads and try it.

For GBA, it is Encyclopedia Pokemon. Most of it is in Spanish, but if you search for "Encyclopedia Pokemon - English v1.1" you should find it. Note- it will only accept .savs from VBA-M (at least on my machine anyways).

Im having trouble changing the pointer to match

Take the 6 figure long offset, and swap the first and the last bytes (the first pair of two numbers and the last pair of two numbers) then put 08 on the end. Also, here is a visual representation:

AX BY CZ -> CZ BY AX 08​

So, let's say you put it at 800124. First, seperate into bytes:

80 01 24​

Now, swap the first and last one:

24 01 80​

Now, add 08 to the end in order to let the game know it is in the rom:

24 01 80 08​

Easy enough? Now, to turn a pointer into an offset, just follow these steps in reverse order.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2013
What exactly is a "midi" file? It said that in the music hacking thread, but I have no idea what it is :S.

What exactly is a "midi" file? It said that in the music hacking thread, but it didn;t say what it was.

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
A midi is just a song file. Look up my tutorial and download my pack.

Years
Take the 6 figure long offset, and swap the first and the last bytes (the first pair of two numbers and the last pair of two numbers) then put 08 on the end. Also, here is a visual representation:

AX BY CZ -> CZ BY AX 08​

So, let's say you put it at 800124. First, seperate into bytes:

80 01 24​

Now, swap the first and last one:

24 01 80​

Now, add 08 to the end in order to let the game know it is in the rom:

24 01 80 08​

Easy enough? Now, to turn a pointer into an offset, just follow these steps in reverse order.
Ok I got that, the only problem im having is where do I put that once I flip etc? Like, what do I need to replace and what program do I use to replace? Sorry for being such a newb!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2013
Using A-Tack to try to recreate Scald. I gave the Hit + Burn effect to Water Sport and turned it into an attack. It does damage and all, but it doesn't have any additional effect. Is something wrong with this particular attack to use as a base, or does the attack need to have some sort of chance to do something else in the first place in order to be able to have an effect? Maybe it needs to be a damaging move to start with to have such an effect applied? I'm looking for more general information about A-Tack, because there is none anywhere on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back