• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yay for characters~

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Simple question - who are your favourite video game characters, and why? Feel free to list all of em', with pictures if you prefer! Makes this thread seem colorful indeed.

PureAurorae

Comrade
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Sep 17, 2013
My favourite video game character is Sonic the Hedgehog. I love his design and also his personality.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Mario, of course! He's the defeater of Bowser, the saver of Princess Peach, and the hero of Mushroom Kingdom. He first made his appearance in Donkey Kong as Jumperman, and has been appearing in hundreds of titles ever since. Plus, he's the mascot of Nintendo and has great plumbing skills. So far, I've played almost every game that he's been in.

Link is my second favorite. Link may not have the ability to speak, but he does possess an unbreakable spirit and an amazing courage. He is the protector of the Hyrule Kingdom, and has saved Princess Zelda on many occasions from the evil Ganondorf. n__n

Nakala Pri

Princess Daisy,

Samus Aran,

Zelda.

They're all so cool and female empowerment! I love them so much, they're kinda like virtual role-models. I'm similar to Daisy, if anything, but her sis kicks butt too. :P

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Hmm, you want pictures, do you?

KStSt_Rick.png
KStSt_Kine.png
KStSt_Coo.png

Kirby_st.gif
<-Although generally from this era.

Super_Smash_Bros_Brawl_Ness_01.jpg
+ Lucas, Claus, Flint, Boney, Ninten, Ana and Lloyd

nidoran_female.png
&
nidorina.jpg

And then maybe the classic Sonic characters when they didn't talk, I dunno. Bombermen white and black are cool too, Mega Man et al, classic series, is alright by my books as well. I actually like Pac-Man to a degree as well.

As for why, eh, I dunno anymore. Habitual, mostly.

Last edited:

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
Years
Spoiler:

YOSHI!

Any game that I can use Yoshi in, I always pick him. Mario Party, Super Smash Brothers, Mario Kart, anything! It's all about Yoshi. Also, when I was younger I really liked this game called Yoshi's Island or something. It was a really cool game on the Nintendo 64 based off of Yoshi.

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
Oh man, this is such a tough decision. I think I'm going to go with Tails from Sonic The Hedgehog, as that's the first thing that pops into my mind, but there are so many characters that I absolutely adore. To name a few, Lucas from the Mother series has always intrigued me, and I actually really like Waddle Dee from Kirby; especially if you've seen any of the shows/movies that branched off from the video games.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Sonic, Tails, and Shadow from Sonic the Hedgehog. Though, all of them are really fun and colorful.
Spoiler:

Lilith from Borderlands 1&2.
Spoiler:

Nathan Drake from Uncharted.
Spoiler:

They're all huggable or overly powerful. <3

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Spyro and Crash have been two of my favorites for almost my whole video gaming life. I've always enjoyed the games and they're fun little characters to control.
Spoiler:

A lot of my childhood gaming involved all of these characters from Humongous Entertainment, including Spy Fox, Freddi Fish, Putt Putt, Pep, and Pajama Sam. My nostalgia is telling me to post them.
Spoiler:

I also used to play Viva Piñata back in the day. Horstachio was always a cool character, but there are also some others.
Spoiler:

Not many contemporary characters have made my list of favorite characters. Maybe it's because of the lack of nostalgia.

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
Megaman, of course! Why not a character from my favourite (now discontinued. D= ) platformer!
Serge and Kid from Chrono Cross are pretty cool too. Kid is a thief and she will go do anything at any rate to get do what she must. And Serge...well...he's a troubled mute.
Bomberman, because why not?!

SomariFeyWright

Seven years is all it takes...
Years
((I sincerely apologize for the upcoming walls of text.))

Well, for starters, in Ace Attorney, there's Maya Fey.

Spoiler:

... This next one is a tie. A big tie. A four-way tie. Between Professor Hershel Layton, Luke Triton, Flora Reinhold, and Cookie, of Professor Layton.

I'll be perfectly honest here: The character designs of the Professor Layton franchise tend to range from rather average to downright terrifying (Looking at you, Chief Sheffield!). But these characters just go to show this isn't really an error in judgement, because it can make some really appealling characters when it wants to.

Spoiler:

Next, Kid Icarus: Uprising. We have Pit.

Spoiler:

... I'm just gonna leave off here because good god, I spent an hour plus on this post and I am tired of typing for it. Good day.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
My favorite character is probably Boo from Mario. I have no idea why I like him so much. He has an awesome design, but he hasn't really played a major role. Though, I'm always Boo on Mario Party. I also like Bowser and Luigi. I'm not counting pokemon characters of course.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
My favorite character is the cliche-ist of cliches. Mario.

I grew up with Mario games, I've woken up to the sound of my siblings playing Mario games too many times to count. I used to spend countless hours playing Mario games with my brothers and sisters as a kid (ok and admittedly as an adult as well).

Yoshi comes in a close second, though.

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
These have some spoilers, by the way.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
lens12603951_1281315082final-fantasy-x-lulu.png

Who else could it be other than Lulu?

She's a badass black mage who has a wicked sense of sarcastic humour. She's sharp, direct, but also very mothering and caring (especially with Yuna). Nobody messes with Lulu.

TY

I really like Salvador, he can dual wield any weapon combo there is in the game, and he also can regenerate bullets, which is pretty OP :D

Lamp

back
Years
1. Zero.

He Looks So BADASS!! with his Z-Sabre, Pistol, and Has the Mighty God Weapon: the Zero Knuckle.

2. Shadow the Hedgehog.

This Hedgehog is SO BADASS! like when he Eliminated those Robots just by Skating Past them in Sonic 06. also This Hedgehog can do So Much Stuff with "Chaos Emeralds!".

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Characters, characters

Out of all characters in the history of video games, which ones would you say are are your most favorite? Is there a reason why you like these characters? When was the first time that you were introduced to them? :o

Personally, I'm a big fan of Mario from the Super Mario series. With the right power-ups, he could fly, go invisible, transform his body into complete metal, throw fireballs, and do all sorts of tricks and stunts. He's saved Princess Peach from the evil Browser on many occasions, and has done quite a lot of good deeds to the Mushroom Kingdom. Mario is also the main mascot of Nintendo, one of the leading video game companies in the industry alongside Sony and Microsoft. Mario's got tons of games based around him, such as Mario Tennis, Mario Kart, Mario Party, and more. This guy is one of the most popular characters to ever set foot into the world of video games—even those who don't play games know who Mario is.

Link from the Legend of Zelda series has gotta be one of my favorites, too. Link may not be very talkative (honestly, I've never heard him say anything in any of the Zelda games that I've played so far), but for a guy his age, he's got a lot of skills. He's a master swordsman. He can handle any type of swords that you give to him pretty nicely. As long as he has a sword in his hand—even a wooden sword—nobody can get in his way. When it comes to using shields, he's also pretty good. Whenever he's holding onto a shield, his opponents always get a hard time trying to hits on him. He's able to run quite fast, and also has the ability to climb even the tallest mountains without breaking a sweat.

I'm a big fan of Ezio as well, who was one of the main characters of Assassin's Creed II. Ezio is nearly identical to Link, but he had more realism added into his character. Assassin's Creed games are based off of real-life events, so all characters that were featured in these games were made to look as if they were once a "real" person. d:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Some of my favourite video game characters include Yuri Lowell, from Tales of Vesperia, because he has quite the spoinky attitude when it came to situations, plus, he has quite the sarcastic side too, which is always cool. There's also Arietta, the Wild from Tales of Abyss, because she's really cute, and I'm really sad that she turned out to be a villain, because she had the potential to be a hero, and 'part of the hero group'.There's also Ange Serena, from Tales of Innocence, in which if you've played Tales of Abyss, you'll see that she's essentially a female Jade. Pascal from Tales of Graces, because she's just... crazy.

Outside of the Tales series, (and I already said this on another thread) for the Sonic characters, I would say my favourite character from the Sonic series would have to be Tails and, well, if she counts, Wave the Swallow, because they're both pretty brilliant when it comes to technology. Well, granted, Dr. Eggman is also pretty brilliant and I like him too, but, I just... don't care for his personality sometimes. I just really like Tails's bright and happy side, with a strong desire to help his friends out with technology, and with Wave, you know -- she's someone that knows what she wants, and well, I do like her kind of "spunky" yet snobby attitude.

Now then, there's actually a character thread already thaaat's.. not quite dead yet, so, I'll merge this thread with the other one~

Back