• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

They're not legendary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeHumanManectric

Leader of the PMD Team
Years
  • Why do people think Zoroark, Lucario, and sometimes even Pikachu are legendary! This annoys me.
    I think there are two reasons for this, in my opinion:
    They assume they are, because Zoroark and Lucario both have their own movies and Pikachu is just the main Pokemon.
    They're not Pokemon fans enough to look at official reasons why they aren't legendary.

What do you guys think?

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2013
    [SIZE="a"]Isn't no ledgendary pokemon evolves (yet) so they can't be.[/SIZE]

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    It annoys me too. In all honesty, I think it's mostly the pokemon who have had their own movies. Or something that has made them special.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    they are at most pseudo legendary Zoroark and Lucario ). and Pikachu ? never heard of that one before

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    I admit, when I first heard about Zorark I thought it was legendary but that's because I didn't know about little Zorua. Easy mistake. But saying they aren't pokemon fans or aren't big enough fans because they didn't know is a bit much but to each his own. :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    I admit, when I first heard about Zorark I thought it was legendary but that's because I didn't know about little Zorua. Easy mistake. But saying they aren't pokemon fans or aren't big enough fans because they didn't know is a bit much but to each his own. :D

Agree
    Most people that think that Zoroark and Lucario are legendary do so because they have their own movies and held on their own against legendary pokemon
    Same may lead people to think Unknown being legendary because of the movie and their ability

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
  • Found an interesting factoid.

Arcanine's description is "The Legendary Pokemon" While in fact it isn't a legendary at all!

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • they are at most pseudo legendary Zoroark and Lucario ). and Pikachu ? never heard of that one before

Lucario and Zoroark are not Pseudo-legendaries. Are they 3rd evolutions? No. Do they have Base-Stat Totals of 600? No. Thus, they are not Pseudo-Legendaries.

If they were legendaries, then I would hate them even more than I already do, if that's even possible.

Found an interesting factoid.

Arcanine's description is "The Legendary Pokemon" While in fact it isn't a legendary at all!

Arcanine is the "Legendary Pokemon" because of it's appearance, based off a mythical Koma-Inu.

Last edited:

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
    Years
  • Well, apparently, people have already named this group of pokémon semi-pseudo-legendaries, but really, there comes a point where it just gets ridiculous when you have to add 2 prefixes just to get to one group of pokémon whom are commonly believed to be legendary because of their features in movies, base stats not reaching the full 600 or above, or just plainly the apparent lore involving them that impacts the history of the pokémon world to at least some degree. It seems to me that trying to come up with an official definition for pokémon who are not officially legendary but still are considered legendary goes just a little bit too far and is too much influenced by subjectivity in the first place to really be bothered with. To be frank though, I really don't understand what the big deal is about people who consider pokémon legendary or even just pseudo-legendary when they officially aren't because the standards they use for it are different. Big woop-tee-doo, really.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    What makes a pseudo legendary ? has 3 evolutions? its stats? being close to the legendary in pokedex number?
    Why it has to be so strict ? in the end pseudo legendary are just a concept to classify certain pokemons , and those are open to personal interpretation and can be changed
    Even the Legendary "rules" were shaken wen Manaphy and Phione showed up

Not everything has to be black and white ;)

Years
  • Why do people think Zoroark, Lucario, and sometimes even Pikachu are legendary! This annoys me.
    They assume they are, because Zoroark and Lucario both have their own movies and Pikachu is just the main Pokemon.
    They're not Pokemon fans enough to look at official reasons why they aren't legendary.

What do you guys think?
    Congragulations my friend, you just answered your question :)

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
  • It doesn't help that some pokemon have overpowered god-like abilities in the Anime/Movies. Moves hit harder then they should, abilities are blown up and abused.....it's almost (or is it?) at the point where the anime and the games are two completely different series, and what do most "Normal" people see more/first? Then they're left thinking these pokemon are legendary because they have flashy epic abilities....

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
  • Come to think of it, I have seen people on the internet that say that snorlax is a legendary...
    facepalm.jpg

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Why do people think Zoroark, Lucario, and sometimes even Pikachu are legendary! This annoys me.

What do you guys think?

To be completely honest I thought lucario to be legendary not only cause of the movie but its op moveset, it can use telepathy, and just the fact when the movie released it was unique, with qualities, powers, and the backstory fit and normally reserved for a legendary. I'm my opinion lucario should've been a legendary but I'm biased. Now the other two I cant tell you why there, especially pikachu. Seeing that made my brain hurt tbh.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    I couldn't believe he wont even a pseudo legendary pokemon only semi pseudo. That's baffling tbh

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • While I'm not saying that this doesn't happen, personally, I've never heard anybody say that Zoroark, Lucario, and even Pikachu are legendary Pokémon. However, if I had to guess, I would say some people might believe they're legendary because they had movies based on them, as many people in this thread already said. They might assume that Pikachu is legendary because it's the mascot of Pokémon in general, whereas some actual legendary Pokémon tend to be box cover mascots of the mainline Pokémon games. Yet, if you ask me, I would say that Pikachu is a "legendary" Pokémon for other reasons. Pikachu is clearly the most popular Pokémon of all, as it is known by almost everybody, including people that never played the games, read the manga, or watched the anime. It also does a great job of marketing the entire franchise. Even the name of a biochemical substance, Pikachurin, was inspired by Pikachu. While Pikachu might not be a legendary Pokémon in the games or any form of Pokémon media, Pikachu is definitely "legendary" as a pop culture icon.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    While I'm not saying that this doesn't happen, personally, I've never heard anybody say that Zoroark, Lucario, and even Pikachu are legendary Pokémon. However, if I had to guess, I would say some people might believe they're legendary because they had movies based on them, as many people in this thread already said. They might assume that Pikachu is legendary because it's the mascot of Pokémon in general, whereas some actual legendary Pokémon tend to be box cover mascots of the mainline Pokémon games. Yet, if you ask me, I would say that Pikachu is a "legendary" Pokémon for other reasons. Pikachu is clearly the most popular Pokémon of all, as it is known by almost everybody, including people that never played the games, read the manga, or watched the anime. It also does a great job of marketing the entire franchise. Even the name of a biochemical substance, Pikachurin, was inspired by Pikachu. While Pikachu might not be a legendary Pokémon in the games or any form of Pokémon media, Pikachu is definitely "legendary" as a pop culture icon.

Hey, love! Well this certainly is a riveting topic, this thread is a decade old! I think it may be best to let it rest! If you want to engage with this topic further, I'd encourage you to create your own thread! ❤️ There is no formal rule, however, once a thread is a year old, we usually consider it dead. Thank you and have a lovely day!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back