• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Cofagrigus versus Golurk

Which do you pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
trs08.png
df6Y0.png

Bulba being down is not good for our weekly polls and their images! Buuuut yeah, which of these two do you pick? n____n​

Years
I'm not really a fan of these two... but I chose Golurk due to having a unique type combination and a good movepool that abuses one of its abilities (Iron Fist). This thing hits really hard with Shadow Punch!

Cofagrigus just creeps me out plus it has a terrible movepool.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Tough choice, but I went with Golurk simply because it's a possessed suit of armor that flies. That, and it has a good pool of punching moves to abuse Iron Fist with. Cofagrigus also somehow reminds me of Ramses from Courage the Cowardly Dog.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Daaaang. I love both so much, too. D:
I love them both, and I'm a history nut, and I love that they're both involved with a big part of the history in Pokemon, but Cofagrigus looks like he used to be a king, and I have a soft spot for ancient royalty.
I'm going to have to go with...Cofagrigus. Such an awesome physical wall, amazing defense, decent Special Attack, and a pretty nifty movepool. Plus, I love that I feel like he's about to tell me "RETURN THE SLAAAB, OR SUFFER MY CUUUURSE."

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I like Golurk's design better, and I've used it a little bit in game and it was pretty cool. Cofagrigus just looks... scary and I remember when I first saw it I was like "wtf, is that even a Pokemon?" so... Golurk.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Both are awesome, but I'm gonna go with Cofagrigus. It looks scary & has scary defense to match. But some of you are right, Golurk's Iron Fist Shadow Punch is a Killer.

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Both are great pokemon in terms of design , Golurk is superior in terms of typing and moovepool and stats so i go with Golurk

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I VOTED FOR COFAGRIGUS.

Desukan for one was an amazing name and for two idk it's p awesome in design whereas Golurk I never cared for unfortunately :(

Last edited:

Vsjester13

Former battler
Years
I voted for golurk and i'm now going to number my reasons
1. Great type
2. Awesome moveset
3. It can fly??? (really got me shocked when i found that out)
4. Great design

and thats it

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
Years
ooooh im undecided for this one they both are as cool as the other. I personally had more trouble dealing with cofagrigus than golurk in the game.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Cofagrigus was actually one of my favourite designed critters from Black and White - and I loved the little jig it did whenever I had to battle one... and yet I'm voting for Golurk in this scenario. It's got a much cooler typing, better stats and while it doesn't look as bad-ass (in a cartoony way, that is) as Cofagrigus, it still looks relatively OK for a ghostly golem. So, Golurk gets my vote!

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
I have to say Cofagrigus, who is actually one of the few B/W Pokemon that I can tolerate. It definitely gets it's Egyptian theme done well, without looking all too complicated (Luckily for it, GF decided not to put pointless spikes on Cofagrigus).

Golurk has an okay design, but it isn't really all too special. Plus, it's typing is all wrong (It should have been Ghost/Steel, I mean it's a giant robot), and it is actually not that good in battle.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
Cofagrigus was one of those Pokemon where I immediately went "OMG I NEED THIS" when initial images of it were first revealed (I think it was even just its backsprite). I though the idea of an Egyptian mummy for a Ghost-type was awesome at the time, and I really liked it's woogly arms.

But I have to say that Golurk takes this for me. A ghostly golem inspired by giant robots and can fly is pretty neat. And I do like how its diverse movepool, which takes advantage of one of its abilities.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
What a horrendously difficult choice! I love Cofagrigus for its really unique take on an otherwise inanimate object, but I love Golurk for its design, typing, and concept.
Normally this would be a tie, but I will vote for Golurk and his amazing flying prowess.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Tough one for me too but I'm going with Cofagrigus since it was a bro to me when facing the E4 in White and saved my bacon when going up against Marshal which would have been one hell of a challenge for my team at the time otherwise.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I'm not a large fan of either of them but I voted for Golurk. Golurk got my vote because the fact that it can learn Fly is interesting, because Cofagrigus annoyed me a lot in the Battle Subway with Trick Room and because it has awesome shiny colours (although Cofagrigus's are nice too).

Years
I voted Golurk since as people have mentioned, it can fly and there is an upcoming event for a shiny one if you have White (which I do! :D)

Also, Ghost/Ground is a typing combo which I find unique :)

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Golurk. I EV trained one and really loved it. I love everything about the pokemon except the name Golurk. Still, Love it.

There is a place for Coffagirus, but betwwen the two, I prefer Golurk.

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
I never liked both, but after a second run through in Black, I caught Golett, evolved it and now I'm really digging Golurk, especially its ability to fly! It can really dish out hits and learns a variety of useful moves that suit the Pokemon such as Heavy Slam, it weighs 330Kg!

Back