• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haru

Wolf Simp
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 21, 2023
How do i change the place the hero spawns in after they create a new game?

Where is a winter / snow tileset for FR / E ?

DaleFails

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins developer
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Alright guys, two problems if you can help.

1) On Advance Map, I've inserted several new maps into Map Banks 4 - 8 on a Firered ROM. When I play the ROM however, upon entering any of the maps I've inserted the game crashes. I go in a building and it's just black. Any fix for this?

2) Indoors on some maps, despite having Black Tiles surrounding the outside of the map, I get fuzzy blues and stuff appearing and haven't a clue how to gte rid of this.

Any help would be great.

Cheers!

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
How do i change the place the hero spawns in after they create a new game?
Read this tutorial, it's a short and simple: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=297115
This tutorial allows you to change everything about where the player spawns, unlike SMCA where you can only change certain coordinates.

Where is a winter / snow tileset for FR / E ?
There is no snow tileset for FR/LG, you will have to insert new tiles if you want a snowy atmosphere.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Alright guys, two problems if you can help.

1) On Advance Map, I've inserted several new maps into Map Banks 4 - 8 on a Firered ROM. When I play the ROM however, upon entering any of the maps I've inserted the game crashes. I go in a building and it's just black. Any fix for this?

2) Indoors on some maps, despite having Black Tiles surrounding the outside of the map, I get fuzzy blues and stuff appearing and haven't a clue how to gte rid of this.

Any help would be great.

Cheers!

1: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7781039&postcount=304
2: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7781039&postcount=304

Both can be fixed in A-map 1.92.
1: Create the map again in a new bank or map slot
2: Those are TRANSPARENT tiles, not black tiles. If you have only TRANSPARENT tiles, you get errors on the actual GBA system.

Haru

Wolf Simp
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 21, 2023
Alright appreciate the help, Looking in tutorials i never found that stuff lol. So my last 2 questions..

1. How do i edit the first part of the game where the professor is asking your name and gender

2. Is there any snowy tiles i can put into FR, or would i have to make them myself?

GoGoJJTech

Years
Alright appreciate the help, Looking in tutorials i never found that stuff lol. So my last 2 questions..

1. How do i edit the first part of the game where the professor is asking your name and gender

2. Is there any snowy tiles i can put into FR, or would i have to make them myself?

1: A-text: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jf0a7pwm5fiulyl/AdvanceText.zip

2: Just search "Pokemon tiles" on google, or go in the pixel art forum on here. Or romhack.me, which has resources.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
I'm new and I'm trying to create a hack for my own personal amusement. A-text on Emerald is complicated to use and I accidentally reset the spawn location using SMCA. When I reverted it the girl still spawns in Petalburg City.
1) How do I fix that?
2) I've been trying to edit the Title Screen using the tutorials but I always end up getting messed up pixels , even getting a white screen which renders the game unplayable. Not sure what I did wrong I tried it over and over again.

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Is there any way to lock the camera in FR? So that it doesn't follow the player.

I'm trying to make a script using movecamera, but instead of the camera returning to the player, I want the player to run onto the screen. When I do this, however, the camera moves too.

special 0x113 locks the camera, allows you to walk around the map without the camera following. To set it special 0x114.

CrypticX

...a lonely Trainer
Years
I've been fidling with A-Map a while now and i've come across a little problem :/ I created a house in Pallet town and a room for it. I added warps to the house door and the room door and i linked the house door to the room door. Everything is fine up until now, whenever i enter the house door it warps me indoors. The thing is, whenever i want to go outside again, instead of exiting from my custom house, i exit though the player's house... sorry for fail description but although i made a video to show it, i cant post links until 15 posts (-.-) Can someone explain what im doing wrong?

Edit: ht tp: //s1166.pho tobucke t.co m/user/GrandUxbrC/media/problem.mp4 .html

Last edited:

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
I've been fidling with A-Map a while now and i've come across a little problem :/ I created a house in Pallet town and a room for it. I added warps to the house door and the room door and i linked the house door to the room door. Everything is fine up until now, whenever i enter the house door it warps me indoors. The thing is, whenever i want to go outside again, instead of exiting from my custom house, i exit though the player's house... sorry for fail description but although i made a video to show it, i cant post links until 15 posts (-.-) Can someone explain what im doing wrong?

You can't post links... Mkay, just put something like this: ht tp: //ww w.you tube.co m/

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years

Edit: ht tp: //s1166.pho tobucke t.co m/user/GrandUxbrC/media/problem.mp4 .html

That's easy. The warp number is wrong. On the indoor warp, you need to change the "to warp number" to the warp you want to go to.

Picture: http://snag.gy/hsfPp.jpg

I'm using version AM 1.95, I've put the map into a brand new bank but it's still not working..

Any other suggestions?

Don't use 1.95. It is buggy. It is an unfinished beta that causes more issues than it solves.

(/me wishes Lu-Ho had released the source code so we could finish it....

I promise that all of my tools will be 100% open source so we don't have issues like this.)

Hello everyone! How can I change the name of an ability? do I need some tools or what? Thanks in advance. :)

Any text editor. Be careful with A-text, as it has some issues. Your best bet is to find the text in A-text, and then edit it in XSE.

Last edited:

CrypticX

...a lonely Trainer
Years
karatekid552 said:
That's easy. The warp number is wrong. On the indoor warp, you need to change the "to warp number" to the warp you want to go to.

Thanks for the help :D I have 1 more question, is there a way to insert tiles from other poke games in fr/lg? i.e hg/ss/dp/pl and if yes, is there a tutorial?

GoGoJJTech

Years
Years
Hey guys, you know how when you change something in your FireRed rom (probably also happens to other roms, but i dunno), like inserting a person, or changing a tile, anything!
When you hit start, the bottom, that part that gives you info a bout the Pokedex, Pokemon, Bag, etc.
That thing glitches.
I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix it.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Hey guys, you know how when you change something in your FireRed rom (probably also happens to other roms, but i dunno), like inserting a person, or changing a tile, anything!
When you hit start, the bottom, that part that gives you info a bout the Pokedex, Pokemon, Bag, etc.
That thing glitches.
I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix it.

What do you mean by "glitches"? A screenshot or more information would be good~

Marohak

Asker of Dumb Questions
Years
Hey All

I asked this before but didn't get a reply.
How do I change the name's of the towns/routes/areas?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back