• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Past, Present, or Future?

Honest

Hi!
Years
A pick your poison poll, basically. If you had a one-use time machine with the opportunity to live in any time in the past or any time in the future, which option would you pick? Keep in mind you'd still have an average livespan, say 80 years, and once you go, there's no turning back. There's also a third option, and that's kick your sibling in the time machine and live in the present!

Keep in mind you are a 2013 person through all this, who has experienced the 21st Century

Past: You know what happened! It's always a good thing to know what's coming, right? However, life as we know it today didn't exist back then, and you'd have to adapt to the simple life.

Present: Well, the present. Derp.

Future: You don't know what will happen! But hey, be optimistic, life can be amazing in a few years, you never know!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I'm going to go with the present. >_> I like my life the way it is.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I'm going to go with the present. >_> I like my life the way it is.

Yeah, I'm a little scared, you never know, the world is already ****ed up, in a few years, we might bring those nuclear holocaust stories to life xD And as for the past, although people were less, beer, drugs, alcohol, murder, etc. We still had slavery, the wrong kind of Christianity where you burn people, etc. less tolerance xD

Last edited by a moderator:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I wouldn't want to hop into the future - I would be at a massive disadvantage technology-wise as I wouldn't have the experience of growing up with the current technology. It would either be present or early past - I have a really big interest in the time when computers were just exploding onto the market. Maybe I could get an in with one of the guys starting computer businesses and get rich myself :3

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
Since I already know what happened in the past and since I don't know for sure what's going to happen in the future I'll stick to the present.

It would be cool to see how life was back then but I don't know how I'll adapt to their customs, and even though it would be cool to be in a futuristic world, you never know if the future is going to be good or bad.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Past would be easy but it would be tough having some things happen again and present is far too safe, so I'm gonna go with future.

It'll be difficult learning how society's change, but I'll just have to adapt. Adaptation is the best course of action.
021-celes.png

Spoiler:

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I'd go with the past to have the chance to redo some things I regret.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I'd go back to the 80s with a wad of cash in my pocket, and experience the wonders of the birth of heavy metal. Probably live on the road for a decade, but man would it be amazing. Would also try to convince my parents to have me 5 years earlier.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Present. A while ago I would have chosen the past because that's where I was living in my mind anyway but now definitely not. I'm very into the present now. I'd just kick my sibling into the machine instead :P

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Present, definitely. I don't want to change the life I've already lived. I don't want to see the life I'll see in a few years. Right now is where I should focus on.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I'd move forward to the future if I really had to, but I would really regret leaving behind everyone I knew. If I was single and didn't have any attachments here, it'd be no problem at all.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Past if I must get away from here. Wait...no. Too much space-time-continium worrying for me. Future it is then. I always wanted to know how we would evolve and how technology changes and stuff. Sure it would be miserable for a 20 century dummy but hey...its still living right? :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I feel like if I went into the future, I'd be unprepared and be like placed in a desert and have nowhere to go and nothing to really do.
I wouldn't pick the present because that's really boring.
So I pick the past, because that'd be the most comfortable and I'd probably get a chance to change things, despite it's affects on future happenings. Though I'd only go as far back as to when I was born...

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
As nice it would be to go to the future, I'd probably miss most of the people that I know in the present. And there's no way I'm going back to the past in a time machine unless it's on holiday and I don't have to live there. The sanitation is bad enough, let alone all the disease and famine. Noooooo thank you. So, I'll be boring and stay in the present, I think.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
present....everyday is a new day brings something new and teaches us a lesson..however i do rush things sometimes but i prefer to slow down and watch now!

i would love to go to the past but it's already memories...there are people in my past who were in pain and i don't like to see them in pain again also there are people i want to forget so i don't want to see them again...if i visited my childhood i'll grow up again and it will be in the past so i better leave the past tot he past

Future!i'll be older,it will be different..i won't know what happened to me to reached who i see then..there will be Millions of questions in my head and i hate when i don't know things

i'd prefer to live day by day and don't miss the details of life..i'd prefer to have memories with everyone i have in my life,i'd prefer to love them more and more every passing day so later if it happened and i lost them or them lost me they will know how much i loved them!

Present is my choice.

Back