• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Inferno Red

Due to the request to have 2 regions (Kanto, Sevii and ???), which would you prefer?

• Johto (As it is connected to Kanto, plus see Johto 3 years prior to GSC/HGSS)

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Hoenn (As the Kanto games take place at the same time as RSE/ORAS)

Votes: 27 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Hack Name:
    aea760f983b799c4547667d0c8c69dcf_500.png

Hack of:
    J4dQQw0.png

Features:
    - All 721 Pokémon available.
    - Story elements from Adventures and Origins included as well.
    - Maps, Overworlds, etc. will look like the 4th Generation games.
    - Pokémon will use DS sprites as done by the project founded by Chaos Rush/MrDollSteak.
    - Trainers will use either HG/SS, BW or edited versions of said sprites.
    - Possibility of the player joining Team Rocket (not 100% on this yet)
    - GB Player/Sounds and BW2/HGSS instruments planned for Soundtrack. Tracks will be redone based on the GRBY versions.
    - Infinite TM usage, deletable HMs. No badge check for said HMs either.
    - Slightly higher difficulty than the originals.
    - New Poké Balls planned.
    - Teams will be different than the original games to accommodate having all 721 in the game.
    - Running shoes inside.
    - Experience from catching Pokémon.
    - Poké Marts will be in the centers like 5th/6th Generation games.
    - There will be 1 Pokémon Mart, but it's a place where you literally buy Pokémon, most buildings where
    Poké Marts were, will be Battle Houses.
    - 4th-6th Gen attacks (older attacks updated to 6th Gen standards)/Fairy-type, Physical/Special split.
    - New evolution methods for trade-based Pokémon.
    - Planned 5th-6th Gen repel whenever I get it working correctly.
    - Red/Blue/Yellow Font.

Screenshots:

cFpBzPR.png

S7R7k86.png

L4byqd6.png

smaCVaV.png

8QciOwO.png

Bugs:
    - Arrow in bag for no item selected is currently glitched.
    - If you soft reset, due to the way the Titlescreen was inserted. The screen will remain black. You can't soft reset.

Credits:

Chaos Rush: For being a main inspiration for the hack. Wanted to create a DS-esque upgraded to new game standards, Kanto.
    General help, the Red/Blue backsprites. Charizard Front sprite.

MrDollSteak: For being a huge help in general, for his rombase, etc.

GoGoJJTech: For being another huge inspiration for the hack. His Platinum recreations prove you can pretty much pull off the
    DS style on GBA.

RichterSprites / Jambo51: GB Player stuff.

Jambo51/Spherical Ice: The Rival Facing Fix.

Jambo51: Occasional general help.

JPAN: Deleteable HMs

Karatekid552/Doesntknowhowtoplay: Pokédex expansion.

Karatekid552: Battle Background Hack

Doesntknowhowtoplay: Physical/Special split and expierence after catching Pokémon.

Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource: MrDollSteak, Chaos Rush, Layell, SupahSnivy, Zerudez, Superjub, Seiku88, Gexeys, al199288, Sleet, Branflakes325, Wobblebuns, Redrooster, N-Kin, Noscium, Tayub1221, Myself, Nordk, Hoenn, GOLDstandard, Doesntknowhowtoplay, Thundrake

The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource: Chaos Rush, Wizznats, jhajjar, Vapper3, atif, redriders180, cmbeke, Tailes, SneakerTheOtter, karatekid522, dreamengine, Rizon, Spark, MrDollSteak, PJBottomz, Archeops, dragonflye, Anvils Alive

Last edited:

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • This all sounds good, but I have one question. Will the National Dex be enabled early on in the game for the Pokemon after Gen 1? Or will we have to go through the story and then unlock the Dex? Other than that, I hope that it all goes well for you!

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    National Dex obtained as soon as Oak hands you the Pokédex.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I think that 721 pokemons is just too much for a small region like Kanto. I don't think that you have in plan to give us another region, so cutting this number is best option.

Years
  • Maybe you can add more maps somethings like 2 or 3 regions than only Kanto... (I have been thinking about them since first played gold version with 2 regions) I said maybe, so i will wait for your update, good luck :) i also would like to see more appearance of rivals in another regions :D (Am i saying so stupid guys? -_-)

Years
  • Do you have a story planned for this yet because I can't really tell if this is an all new story (which it doesn't seem like since Brock is there) or if this is staying true to the original with some new mechanics and new graphics.

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread...looks like it has potential...
    Thanks! Hopefully it fufils the potential you see in it.

I think that 721 pokemons is just too much for a small region like Kanto. I don't think that you have in plan to give us another region, so cutting this number is best option.
    They're going to be spread between Kanto and the Sevii Islands, may add a 3 years earlier Johto or parts of it. Hack is still in early stages, so many things could change. But, the fact that data for all 721 is in there won't change.

Maybe you can add more maps somethings like 2 or 3 regions than only Kanto... (I have been thinking about them since first played gold version with 2 regions) I said maybe, so i will wait for your update, good luck :) i also would like to see more appearance of rivals in another regions :D (Am i saying so stupid guys? -_-)
    Nah, I see your point. Especially if there are 721 Pokémon in the game.

Do you have a story planned for this yet because I can't really tell if this is an all new story (which it doesn't seem like since Brock is there) or if this is staying true to the original with some new mechanics and new graphics.
    The full story isn't planned yet. It won't end in the exact same way as FR Vanilla.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Please somehow enable super training because EV training in fire red is an ungodly hassle. No EV berries exist in FR/LG, and you can't breed until after the main game, and even then you need to catch 60 pokemon to get the national pokedex. And do not enable roaming legendaries, that makes getting those specific pokemon more trouble than they're worth, all legendaries should be interactable.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2016
    This has a lot of potential but you should make this hack wit 2 or more regions if you intend to have 721 Pokemon in it i think that'll be the one of the best if not THE BEST hack I've played since i've started playing remakes demakes & hacks looking forward to this hack regardless of your decisions though!

Roger Davis

Goofball
    Years
  • No EV berries exist in FR/LG, and you can't breed until after the main game, and even then you need to catch 60 pokemon to get the national pokedex.
    Pretty sure the data for EV berries in FR still exists, and he could put them in a shop.
    Also they stated the National Dex will be obtained at the beginning.

That aside, I think asking for 2 regions from the get-go is a bit much? Wait and let them finish the Kanto portion first.

I look forward to this and wish you luck.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2024
    Ya 721 pkmn for 1 map seems a bit overwelming. You should have at least 2 maps, 16 gyms and 2 elite fours. Anyway this hack seems promising. Keep the project running.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Pretty sure the data for EV berries in FR still exists, and he could put them in a shop.

That aside, I think asking for 2 regions from the get-go is a bit much? Wait and let them finish the Kanto portion first.

Even if they did exist there's no place to grow more berries. Nintendo screwed up hard with that.

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Please somehow enable super training because EV training in fire red is an ungodly hassle. No EV berries exist in FR/LG, and you can't breed until after the main game, and even then you need to catch 60 pokemon to get the national pokedex. And do not enable roaming legendaries, that makes getting those specific pokemon more trouble than they're worth, all legendaries should be interactable.
    Don't know if I can add Super Training in the exact same way. If anything it'd act like leveling up, etc. does in Join Avenue in BW2 or like how you can do that in Super Secret Bases in OR/AS.

This has a lot of potential but you should make this hack wit 2 or more regions if you intend to have 721 Pokemon in it i think that'll be the one of the best if not THE BEST hack I've played since i've started playing remakes demakes & hacks looking forward to this hack regardless of your decisions though!
    As far as it goes now, I have Kanto and Sevii planned like the original FireRed, but there may be a second actual region. Either Hoenn (due to taking place around when Kanto games do) or Johto (since it's actually connected to Kanto, would make a Johto with slight differences since it's before when GSC/HGSS happens).

That is something you're most likely correct about, I'll look into it.

Ya 721 pkmn for 1 map seems a bit overwelming. You should have at least 2 maps, 16 gyms and 2 elite fours. Anyway this hack seems promising. Keep the project running.
    At minimum they'll be spread between Kanto and Sevii Islands, but at this point. I think 2 regions will have to be a necessity.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • The features sounds awesome, and also it's the first time i ever seen the Stats Page colors modified, pretty interesting, i'll be looking forward this <3

EDIT:
    If we will get 2 Regions, will you decide it by yourself or put it in a votation?
    Just asking xD..

Cya~

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    The features sounds awesome, and also it's the first time i ever seen the Stats Page colors modified, pretty interesting, i'll be looking forward this <3

EDIT:
    If we will get 2 Regions, will you decide it by yourself or put it in a votation?
    Just asking xD..

Cya~
    Yeah, the color scheme will shift between Green/Red/Blue throughout the game to reference the originals no matter what part of the world you're from. I was just thinking about it, I'm going to leave it to a vote. I'm too torn between picking Johto or Hoenn.

Ttar0914

Years
  • The features sounds awesome, and also it's the first time i ever seen the Stats Page colors modified, pretty interesting, i'll be looking forward this <3

EDIT:
    Just asking xD..

Cya~

Lunedi, the first region will be Kanto, of course. Also, I think, Frankie is going to put up a poll for the second region. Just be patient. ;)

~Ttar

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Lunedi, the first region will be Kanto, of course. Also, I think, Frankie is going to put up a poll for the second region. Just be patient. ;)

~Ttar
    Poll is up! Which ever region fits your fancy, the poll will be up for two weeks (at least for now).

Also some new screenshots:
    IfI5GzT.png

Sprites will either use the HG/SS or BW versions or an edited version of said ones to look more like their Kanto counterparts.

3xXPWcg.png

New HP bars (HG/SS style), do plan on switching the battle backgrounds to the 4th Gen ones.

When it's all said and done, I'd like it to look like this (this one's currently a mock-up):
    mgJXmLe.png

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Poll is up! Which ever region fits your fancy, the poll will be up for two weeks (at least for now).

IfI5GzT.png

Sprites will either use the HG/SS or BW versions or an edited version of said ones to look more like their Kanto counterparts.

3xXPWcg.png

New HP bars (HG/SS style), do plan on switching the battle backgrounds to the 4th Gen ones.

When it's all said and done, I'd like it to look like this (this one's currently a mock-up):
    mgJXmLe.png

¡Oh Gawd, that last screenshot is AMAZING!
    Now you just need to modify the White Textbox with the battle commands and it will feel pretty much like a totally new game <3

Cya~

Ttar0914

Years
  • Poll is up! Which ever region fits your fancy, the poll will be up for two weeks (at least for now).

IfI5GzT.png

3xXPWcg.png

mgJXmLe.png

Wow Frankie, the screenshots look soooo sexy, I really love them (well, I've already seen them before, but still, they ARE sexy!)!
    I'd like it, if you did the Johto region, I really want to play in Johto again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back