• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Problem with battle backgrounds

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years

• Image explains everything. I've set the BG for the route in the screen in the editor and put the graphics in the correct folder with the correct name, yet it won't work.

Years
  • The editor puts quotemarks for the battlebg in the metadata.txt, so the graphic will doesn't appear. Open metadata.txt in your PBS-Folder and look at the metadata for you map. It should be

BattleBack=002

not

BattleBack="002"

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I thought I'd fixed that, but no. I seriously don't know why it happens. If you manually replace the editor's quote marks with the same quote marks in metadata.txt, it works. When I print the desired filename in-game, the quote marks aren't included and it looks like it should work, but it doesn't.

I'm open to any suggestions.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I really don't know if this will works, but instead of StringProperty try something like:
    Code:
    Wrong code deleted

EDIT: I am wrong, and I reversed the problem XD
    EDIT2: In line 'file.write(csvquote(rec))' put a flag or something to won't call csvquote method in battleback case. I really don't know if this will works.

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I've tracked down the problem to def csvquote, specifically the code str[/\s$/] which I interpret to mean "a space then the end of a line". Removing this code will prevent quote marks being put around the BattleBack phrase.

For some reason this code always returns true, even if there are no spaces in the phrase. If the meaning I came up with is correct, I can't think of any instance where it would be useful, so I don't think removing it would adversely affect anything.

Please let me know if you find any problems caused by removing this particular bit of code. It will also be applied to the next release of Essentials, so hopefully any problems will appear soon because of the (hopefully) many users.

Back