• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite pokemon?

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2018
Flareon: I loved Flareon since the days of Red and Blue. Whenever I got the Eevee from Bill, Flareon was always my choice for his evolution. A fire type combined with an adorable design and overall the tendency for Flareon to be considered the weakest Eevolution have helped him become a staple for my in-game teams from generation to generation. Massively underrated and damn cute--I have a real soft spot for Flareon.

Seviper: Seviper first came to my attention when Jessie "caught" herself one in the anime. I have always liked the design, the varied movepool (from Flamethrower and Earthquake to X-Scissor) and for a standalone Pokemon, Seviper has pretty decent stats.

Dustox: Much like Seviper, Dustox found its way into my heart after Jessie's Wurmple eventually evolved into one. While all my friends had Beautifly, I had Dustox--she really helped me through R/S/E despite not being the strongest. She often gets called one of the weakest Bug types, but there's something I cannot resist about the moth. I must say that she looks fantastic in the new 3D graphics, too.

Swoobat: I know there seems to be a pattern emerging here with me and Jessie's Pokémon, but I hadn't seen the Black and White series to even know she had a Woobat (I promise!). When I first saw Woobat in-game, I thought it was poorly designed but figured I would catch one anyway because I liked the dual-typing. I expected myself to put her in a box and never have much use for her but I decided to train the unconventional cutie up a little bit. When she eventually became a Swoobat, I needed convincing no longer. Swoobat might not be to everybody's tastes, but I really love using them.

Meowstic: My favorite Gen VI Pokémon. Meowstic really stood out to me when they were unveiled in one of the gameplay trailers a few months before release. I have always loved cats but the previous cat Pokémon didn't really do it for me (with exception of Persian, Skitty, Delcatty). I attempted to raise Purrloin in B&W but it felt like such a drag--and even as a Liepard, he wasn't too much fun to use. As soon as I read Meowstic had gender variations and were Psychic-type, I was certain I would use one. The male design appealed to me more initially but since using both in-game, I am in love with female Meowstic. So. Damn. Cute. Their movepools really interest me, too.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 22, 2015
Breloom, Heliolisk and Salamence have recently taken the top 3 spots for me, but here is some honorable mentions:
-Feraligatr
-Espeon
-Wailord (BestPokemon2014)
-Goodra
-Ampharos

Years
Um um um.

- Whimsicott
- Emolga
- Mareep & Flaaffy
- Wartortle
- Chespin
- Meowstic
- Phantump

Are among some of my favorites, mostly for the adorable designs (minus Wartortle as he's more cool than cute).

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
1. Nidoking - Offensive and Bulky. Great move pool via TMs. I used to use him all the time in FireRed.
2. Flygon - First Pokemon that I ever got to level 100. Strong, cool looking and also cute at the same time.
3. Tyranitar - When I saw someone using this for the first time, I instantly wanted it! Shame that I only got it in XD.
4. Charizard - Favorite all time starter. Loved it in the show as well as using it. Did a Solo run with it and it did great.
5. Absol - I just think it's a cool looking Pokemon and I always liked it.

Some of these might change since I'm starting to play the higher generations now.

Shadeh

KABOOM!
Years
What is your favorite pokemon and why?

What is your favorite pokemon and why? For me, it's the obvious, Zoroark. He has a cool model and his play style fits me. In rpgs I always choose the stealthy approach :D.

(Sorry if someone already made this, I didn't see a thread about this and decided to start one)

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2017
My favorite pokemon is Golem, because it looks really nice. So steady and strong-looking. But I think there is a thread like this already.

リザードン☆

Charizard evolved into..
Years
For me, it's Charizard..
He's a cool looking dual Fire/Flying type and has been around since the beginning.
I love using him in playthroughs and in generation six gets two new awesome looking mega evolutions!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
My favorite pokémon goes way back to the days where I used to follow the TCG and was constantly trying to find the perfect card to build a fun mindgame deck around. When the very first Neo3 booster pack I acquired contained this...
Spoiler:

...it was love at first sight. Even though I've given up on the TCG years ago, I still make it a point to use a crobat in nearly every one of my Pokémon playthroughs.

Last edited:
Years
For me it's Umbreon. :D
In every generation I played I had one in team. (I didn't play before 3rd generation).
I love his "dark" side and the way how he evolves from eevee.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
No worries! There's an existing thread for this in Pokemon Voting Polls so I'll merge this with that.

Right now, my fav pokemon is totally Ledian btw. It's so underrated, even for a bug. And it's cool looking and matches my blue username well. Any reason is valid ;)

lozzop

Monkey slut!
Years
My favourite pokemon is quagsire, because he's just so flipping awesome :D when I first saw a wooper in gen 4 I thought it was super rare ('cause I was new) so I trained and trained that thing and it totally destroyed the elite 4. I own still the quagsire I used, his name is Cornelius. :3

Evyl

t r a g i c
Years
Luxray. :D

On of the first Pokemon I ever used, and such a powerhouse. While I know the nature is bad, but I had a Modest one. That pretty much made my Luxray a physical and special sweeper. Hey, it worked in-game at the time. And not only that, the shiny sprite is amazing. <3

Yukiyo Kayume

Dragon Goddess
Years
tough choice, it's been Vaporeon and Glaceon I think ...but I really love Bulbasaur too.... and Sylveon, and Yveltal and Reshiram and Lugia.. >.>

darnit I don't know! I love them all

Shhmew

Years
My favorite Pokemon is Ninetales!

Though, I also have very soft spots for Mew, Flareon, Sylveon, and Butterfree. <3

Years
Pikachu has always been my all-time favourite! Other favourites include: Chikorita, Charmander and Lapras. I generally prefer the older generation Pokes to the newer ones.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I like most Pokemon, from cute little critters to big ferocious monsters. But I'm just going to list my top favourites here:

1: Pikachu. For me, this is the cutest Pokemon ever. It even stays cute when it evolves! Not only that, but it has Thundershock at level 1 and can learn Thunderbolt at level 26, so I don't have to waste a TM on it. I also have a giant plush Pikachu, which makes me warm when I feel cold.

2: Gengar. This thing has everything a sweeper needs and more.

3: Feraligatr. Back in GSC, I picked the water starter every time I played it, because I really liked its design and color scheme. Sometimes I'd pick Chikorita or Cyndaquil to give them a chance, but that never worked out for me as much as the Totodile line did. And now that we have the physical/special split, it's even better!

4: Tyranitar. Its typing, stats, movepool, and design make it a very awesome Pokemon, and fun to use in my team.

5: Salamence. Same as Tyranitar.

6: Volcarona. I was already interested in this majestic bug before I had Pokemon White. As a result, I went to Relic Castle after defeating Ghetsis, and caught this bug upon finding it. When using it against the Elite Four, it always pleased me, especially when fighting Alder.

Back