• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Iridium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Well the starter doesn't, lol I got bored and decided to post the art for it now instead of later, to have a last ditch atempt to get some activity here. lol

Introducing the new grass starter

newgrassstartershownfh4.png

Now it currently has no name but I am thinking of having the starter have a dark/psychic/fighting sub type to go along with the grass/water/fire typing. So this pokemon's evos might end up having a dark subtype so the name will reflect that, I was thinking of naming this pokemon INNODON (innocense+iguanodon[which is the animal this pokemon is loosely based on] because of its pure grass typing that evolves into a grass dark typing. but i am undecided, suggestions are welcome.

Some new screens showing off random systems.

testscreens511082jy4.png

A nice little series of battle screens.

testscreens51108sx1.png

Oh and to answer marinos519, I do plan on having other new pokemon, but we will just have to wait and see.

Until next time,
Minorthreat

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Wow. Really neat screenshots. This project looks so official its amazing. I love the Pokedex screenshot- just looks really slick and well put together- like the button icons just adds a ice touch to it. Good job.

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2008
Hi I've been looking at some of the games on this site and this is one of the best I've seen so far. I'm really looking foward to playing this It looks really awesome and i hope you succeed in making this a great game. Also if your still open to story ideas I have one.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Oak looks... somehow... younger? Is this game set before RBY or something?

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Thank for the comments. No oak isn't supposed to be younger I touched up the sprite to try and make him look older tell me what you think. These are just sorta random screens showing the first battle with one of your rivals, The starters are temporary hopefully but they may be seen still as starters in the first demo depending on how things go.

Enjoy.

testscreens52508yq1.png

If anyone has anybetter suggestions for the Pokemon your rival could possible have then let me know.

The story is going through overhall sorta, but I won't say anything until the demo comes around so you can experience it for yourselves.

Enjoy.

All resources seen are not to be used by ANYONE!

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
I like the game! I like the battle scene. But I don't really like the hp box, they look quite weird. But anyway, keep it up!

PS: The day night system looks good!

Years
In the screen shot with the rival and the player, the bar that shows the number of pokémon that the trainer has is quite a bit to low. I am not sure if this is something that was missed or not. I just thought you would like to know if you didn't catch it.

Other than that I love the screen shots, it looks like you have a very good game on your hands.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
So, the last update didn't go as planned so I erased it to make this one.

Long time no word PokeCommunity. To be quite honest not a lot has gone down in the almost month that I have been away, sadly that is.

What has been done:
-TONS of new outdoor tiles like house and such have been made including tiles from DP, but we will talk of those shortly.
-A few graphical enhancments
-A few major tweeks to the story

The Tweeks to the Story​
Heres the new background story for the game.

The legend tells of an ancient POKéMON whose power was unlike any other POKéMON's.
This POKéMON was ruler of the change in the seasons and therefore was able to manipulate the seasons and ultimatly time as it pleased.
This POKéMON was tracked for many years, there was great mystery involving how this POKéMON was able to manipulate the seasons.
People hunted and hunted this POKéMON, some for good purposes, some for horribly evil purposes. No one prevaled
Until the day this POKéMON became was captured and killed that is...

Hundreds of years later this POKéMON's orgin has been traced to the region of Iriho, a region south of Sinnoh, west of Kanto.
Yet no trace of it was ever found in this region...until now.
TEAM DISASTRO has found word that a single shard of amber is in the possesion of the Iriho POKéMON Science Institute,
This shard contains a single hair of the ancient POKéMON, this hair holds enough genetic material to resurect the Shifter of Seasons.
TEAM DISASTRO will stop at nothing to resurect this elusive POKéMON and control the seasons and causes chaos.
They mustn't be allowed to do this.

The Iriho POKéMON Science Institute knows of the DNA fragment and decided the best thing to do would be to hide it.
They gave it to your mother, an retired IPSI official, and when she went off for business in VANTRA CITY, she left it to you.

While your mother was in VANTRA CITY, TEAM DISASTRO found out where the IPSI hid the shard...They went after your mother...
Now you must find your mother while also keeping TEAM DISASTRO away from the amber shard containing the Shifter of Seasons' DNA

You may have noticed that the gyms thus far have been kinda tightly packed on right after another, well that means that there will be gaps in the gym quest. The first three gyms are tightly packed so after the third gym there will be a few citys/towns and quests to do that don't involve the Pokemon League at all.

NUSTONE CITY
The next city in the game after GREENHAVEN TOWN. Home to the gym leader DYNAMO, the trainer of rock type POKeMON.

Here are some screens from NUSTONE CITY along with screens showing the new HP bars.

testscreens61808lt7.png

*The gym tiles seen in this screen shot are placeholders till I design a better looking one, as are the grey pathways

The last thing I want to talk about is a recent decision on my part to include a new mode of transportation into that game to allow a trip to SINNOH at some point during that game.
Yep, you will be able to fly to SINNOH in a way similar to the MAGNET TRAIN of JOHTO. That is one of the reasons I have been working on Diamond and Pearl 2d tiles.

Until next time Enjoy, and post comments, or concerns, or even criticism.

Sincerely
Minorthreat

fudgy

so i herd you liek mudkipz?
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
cough cough tile sets cough cough

i like it, and i like how you mapped everything out, and i like the new starters!

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Cool storyline. Is that Pokemon you are talking about a fan-made one of one we already know about? (I was tempted to guess MEW if it was)
I acutally like the current gym. I know you said it was a place holder but it looks cool. The sunroof/glass roof is pretty neat.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Aha this is nice. But if south of sinnoh dont you think its to muxh land north? Like make it more thinner and connect it with sinnohs mount coronet line.
Well, Iriho is not connected to Sinnoh, infact its not even all that close. The only way you are able to get to Sinnoh is to go to the AIRPORT in one of the larger citys in Iriho and fly to it using the jet plane.

cough cough tile sets cough cough

i like it, and i like how you mapped everything out, and i like the new starters!

I am a little confused about the whole "cough cough tile sets cough cough" thing xD.

But thank you for the comment non-the-less. The starters, infact the chance at having a complete fakedex for this game, is very iffy. It might not happen like I want it to. But I will try very hard, I just need help I cannot create a complete fakedex on my own and sprite them all.

Cool storyline. Is that Pokemon you are talking about a fan-made one of one we already know about? (I was tempted to guess MEW if it was)
I acutally like the current gym. I know you said it was a place holder but it looks cool. The sunroof/glass roof is pretty neat.
I have a New pokemon set up to fill this role and I am hopeing to be able to include it, but MEW is a cool thought.
Well I like some aspects of the gym, like the glass roof(I am glad you recognized what it was, I was afraid it didn't look like a glass roof) but it also looks too much like the pokecenter for my taste. Therefore I plan on redesigning it with a new idea but keep some of the aspects of this one, liek the glass roof.

The Pokemon Iridium Team needs you
As of right now. The team working on Pokemon Iridium is very very small, I am the sole team member. However, I am looking to change that and would love to have some talented people jump on for the ride.

What we need:
Spriter(s)-I need at least one of these to help sprite Pokemon and Trainers
Fakemon designer(s)-I would love to have a Fakedex for this game but I need help.
Idea creator- Some one to help create inovative ideas and things for the game includeing side-quest and other things that way come up.

*To fill the Position of Spriter, examples are needed.

Thanks for the comments, keep um comming.

Minorthreat

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I was just checking up on your game, Minorthreat.

This game still looks amazing as always, good luck ;)

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
Years
i've been looking at this game for awhile i never posted here but i just wanted to say that this game is SO AWESOME!!! i mean wow the story is good i like the whole adding fakemon with real pokemon keep it up this game could be the best game ever

Last edited:

Jynx Middata

a.k.a houndoomrulz
Years
I could be your spriter. Here's some examples of my work.

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back