• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ TRIPLE TROUBLE! ★ The Striaton Gym Leaders Fan Club ★

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
  • So you guys needed yet another club to spam around with random stuff? u_u Count me in too! ^___^
    Hell yes.

I'm glad that you're not a HATURR. Welcome! This club is a legitimate ground for fans of the trio to join, of course. We never go off-topic... X)
    You bend the truth, my dear.

If the world became perfect tomorrow and Nintendo decided to release an anime and/or game series about the trio, what do you think it would be about?
    Anime series would be amazing. The three haven't heard from their parents for years, and are worried. duh So they close the gym or have someone take over it for a while and go journeying to find their parents, who are mixed up in some evil team or another.
    A game could totally have the same premise. :3

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Hey welcome new members to the group! We aren't alone anymore.

Oh an animated series of the trio would be very interesting. I like the idea that TheSmartOne had suggested. I would love to see all three of them go on a journey or something as they closed the gym or maybe show how they were raised to become gym leaders.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
  • I.. might actually think about that. Blue... meh, Red... overrated? Green... now that would be interesting - Cilan and N both have Green hair and they seem to pull off an effect to some ladies, so maybe I can pull it off. xD

It's always about the girl, Mew. Green so happens to be my favourite colour! *WATCH OUT* Especially if you have green eyes- it would match so well.

Yup, both episodes 5 and 6 are my most favourite BW episodes so far. I do have to say though, it seems Cress was the only one who managed to beat Ash. :o

SAME! Yes, I respect Cress very much for that. Ash was pretty much recycled n00b Ash, and Chili and Cilan still lost. Sadly, I didn't think Chili would win even once. I thought Ash would at least lose the first time, like he usually does.

Anime series would be amazing. The three haven't heard from their parents for years, and are worried. duh So they close the gym or have someone take over it for a while and go journeying to find their parents, who are mixed up in some evil team or another.
    A game could totally have the same premise. :3

That sounds lovely~ if you made a game like that, I would buy three copies! You can totally do a Pokemon-trying-pull-extra-profit thing, and sell three copies of virtually the same thing. Striaton Red Version, Striaton Green Version and Striaton Blue Version- the only difference being a couple of cut scenes. Or you could be awesome, and actually make real distinctions.

I would love to see all three of them go on a journey or something as they closed the gym or maybe show how they were raised to become gym leaders.

Me too! I doubt a trainer just wakes up one lovely morning and goes, "TODAY, I'M GOING TO BE A GYM LEADER!" A back story would be lovely~

I like the idea of a journey. I would make the premise that the three are on vacation in another island we have never heard of. Maybe a bit of a maturer theme- no, no crappy romance, but something like the island will meet its doom or they happened to become embroiled in something that occurs once in a thousand years or something.

Players should be able to switch between Dent, Chili and Cress, whom have individual abilities stemming from their Pokemon type of choice. Like Chili's Pokemon can light dark places, Cress' can help traverse water, etc.. I've got it all worked out. All I need is a video game developing team!

Or you know, an anime series/movie centric on the boys. That would work.

Weespotty

The girl of nature
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2011
    *Gets ready to go outside nintendo's office and shout we want a game on the Striaton gym leaders*

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • Alright, I'll join. =)
    Who was the first one you battled against?
    I battled Dent first, as he's my favorite, AND I love Miju.

Weespotty

The girl of nature
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2011
    Hey guys! Any new topics? Hows about this one:

Would it be better if you could deside who you face and why?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • If we could decide? No, no, that defeats the whole purpose of the trio! They're so you don't start off with an advantage in the game- it's an equal opportunity to fail kinda thing.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Because it's the anime, and that's how it is. Anime canon does not equal game canon, or even make sense half the time. It ended up being that Ash battled Dent using Mijumaru (his Unova starter, kinda) in a battle much like what would have gone down in a game. Dent even makes a mention of how Ash's Mijumaru is different, "compared to all the others he's seen", indicating that many battle him using Mijumaru.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Has anyone heard the rumor about The trio brothers being the trio ninjas of Team Plasma? That would explain why Cress came up with a lame excuse for not knowing about the Team Plasma battle against N.

solarowl

Years
  • Has anyone heard the rumor about The trio brothers being the trio ninjas of Team Plasma? That would explain why Cress came up with a lame excuse for not knowing about the Team Plasma battle against N.
    Yeah, I was thinking that as well. It would be cool, as I love the Shadow Triad, but I still can't grasp that gym leaders would be with the evil team. But actually, now that I think of it, the triad never really did anything to stop you. They just appeared and talked to you, then eventually give you the orbs.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
  • Would it be better if you could deside who you face and why?

I'll have to agree with Smarty and say no as well. The whole point of the first Gym Leader isn't just for the first badge, of course- it's about educating first-time players about type advantages and disadvantages- which more emphasis on disadvantages. I suspect most know this, but if you go to the Dreamyard, there's a lady that gives you one of the elemental monkeys that is weak to your starter, but strong against the brother's monkey you must face.

Dent even makes a mention of how Ash's Mijumaru is different, "compared to all the others he's seen", indicating that many battle him using Mijumaru.

I remember mentally taking note of this point also, and assumed it was a subtle nod for the gamers. Ash technically found Tepig first, and if he were following the game's rules (which he didn't, as all of us anime viewers know), he would have faced only Cress, and lost the badge, haha. Go Cress~♥ For once I'm pleased with the anime's decision to break canon- otherwise we would have only seen Cress battle, and that would have been a shame.

Has anyone heard the rumor about The trio brothers being the trio ninjas of Team Plasma? That would explain why Cress came up with a lame excuse for not knowing about the Team Plasma battle against N.

I have, and (as of now) I believe it not to be true because of the thinness of the evidence. Say if there were a Grey version, and more was explained, then perhaps my stance would change. However, I doubt the game makers intended for the brothers to be the Shadow Triad. Pokemon would have made it more obvious. I think it's an amusing rumour, but it's just that- a rumour.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Oh yes, and I like that theory. Imagine what you could do in fanfiction!

Yeah, I was thinking that as well. It would be cool, as I love the Shadow Triad, but I still can't grasp that gym leaders would be with the evil team.
    Read Pokemon Special/Adventures. There are quite a few evil gym leaders.

I remember mentally taking note of this point also, and assumed it was a subtle nod for the gamers. Ash technically found Tepig first, and if he were following the game's rules (which he didn't, as all of us anime viewers know), he would have faced only Cress, and lost the badge, haha. Go Cress~♥ For once I'm pleased with the anime's decision to break canon- otherwise we would have only seen Cress battle, and that would have been a shame.
    Wait, no, he did get Mijumaru first. Remember, Mijumaru was eating the Pokemon food set out to catch the "Umbreon"?

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years

• I have, and (as of now) I believe it not to be true because of the thinness of the evidence. Say if there were a Grey version, and more was explained, then perhaps my stance would change. However, I doubt the game makers intended for the brothers to be the Shadow Triad. Pokemon would have made it more obvious. I think it's an amusing rumour, but it's just that- a rumour.

They don't show the Pokemon that the Shadow Traid have so we wouldn't even know. You don't get to fight them in the game sadly.

Oh yes, and I like that theory. Imagine what you could do in fanfiction!

Don't get me started; I already added it to my fanfic of them being ninjas or at least Chili and Cilan that is.

Read Pokemon Special/Adventures. There are quite a few evil gym leaders.

It's true; there are some gym leaders in the manga that are evil.

solarowl

Years

• It's true; there are some gym leaders in the manga that are evil.

I know, it's just I wouldn't expect it from someone who's traveling with the group. But then again, the manga is completely different.
    Do you think they might make references in the manga?

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
  • Wait, no, he did get Mijumaru first. Remember, Mijumaru was eating the Pokemon food set out to catch the "Umbreon"?
    *Reads episode guide* Oh~ he did too. *Facepalms* Though on a side note, my sister's "Umbreon" is now a Emboar! =D

They don't show the Pokemon that the Shadow Traid have so we wouldn't even know. You don't get to fight them in the game sadly.
    It's not even mentioned if they have Pokemon, but even if they did, I'm sure they'd use a different team- or else I'm sure even the Looker would figure out the uncanny coincidence.

Don't get me started; I already added it to my fanfic of them being ninjas or at least Chili and Cilan that is.

I would definitely like to read that.

I don't see the point in the brothers being the Shadow Triad, however. I actually don't really care about the Shadow Triad, to be honest
    . The Shadow Triad are minor characters at best, and don't really contribute a lot. If the game developers do decide to make heavy inferences or actually make them the Triad, they better have a good reason.

I like the theory, but I don't want it to be canon.

As for the manga... it's not bad, but it does have a penchant for lame (imo) twists. I wouldn't rule it out!

Weespotty

The girl of nature
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2011
    Meh I started again. This time I faced chilli. I was kinda worried how he said he was the stongest, But I just pwned him with Watercan (Panpour)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Ah, Chili's just overconfident, bold, and I suppose loud. He'll always say he's the strongest, despite evidence to the contrary.

You know, if the Striaton triplets are the Shadow Triad, it makes me wonder how the anime would handle Dent.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back