• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Captace Region (Fakemon + Other stuff)

Years
The animation is great and I love his expression. The spritework is awesome too! :D

one thing, I feel that you can add one leg being raised and them stomped to add a stronger feel to the animation, but that's up to you.

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
I wish I'd have checked here before finishing what I just did, as that idea sounds neet. I can maybe try to see if I can work it in. Not sure if I'll be able to make it work though =/

-----------

Well, I got all 6 frames (11 with repeat) completed for the most part. Still have smaller details to work with, like the shading on the axe, adding details like his chains if I can get them to work. Yet that's all minor stuff I'll get to another time. The animation itself though I think is done, at least I'm hoping it is.

Allframes.gif

This was quite a process to finish, but I'm pretty happy with the result. Probably the best sprite I've done. Sadly I have to keep this up for another 6 characters, and these are just the basic attack animation -_-

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Look, another set of some redone Fakemon.
3rdgenFakemonSheet11.png

Also a bit more tweaks with Raizou. Still not done with them though.
ezimba15600964693300.gif

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Finally did work with the blur. I also worked on his head too. So, again I'm at a "I think I have it done" stage. If I'm all good at this point, I can go in next to do the finer detailing.

2hckl1d.gif

I really hope the other characters don't end up needing 9 frames of each (16 or so with repeat). So jealous of things that can get away with less.

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Decided not to put the chains, I couldn't do them in a way I liked. Got to the axe though, and the animation is now complete!

finished__r1713216951.gif

Time to move onto the next guy, the Jiangshi with that big, goof, blood-thirsty grin, Shun-Yu!

9qgq2r.png

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Ok, been busy on another project, so I haven't had much time with this one. Right now I'm still in the very early stages of the attack I'm doing for Shun-Yu.

ezimba15600971424300.gif

Yes, very choppy and bad, but I just wanted to test out what it might look like. I'm even trying to do a few poses in front of a camera to get all the details I can when I finally move forward with this one.

On a more serious update: I made up the base sprite for Shroomette, the character that may or may not be a rip-off of a certain character. Here she is with the whole gang so far.

2h3pmyf.png

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Well, I haven't been updating, but let's change that. I'm actually getting pretty close to the end with this one.

ezimba15600930969500.gif

Obviously I still need to add things like his ponytail back and you know, detailing those last two frames better. Hopefully I'm on the right track with this sprite.

I also have some more Fakemon here, the last batch of evolutions/splits/babies of older Pokemon.

v6r95e.png

I am now at a point where the last things I have to do are going to be all knew (I've dropped some old designs, so I'm going to be filling those spots with new Fakemon).

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Well, I now have Shun-Yu done, seemingly at least.

attack.gif

Also some Poke World work:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuDO-ore6F8[/ame]

Last edited:

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Well, a very minor update for Shun-Yu:
attack-1.gif

Yet more importantly we have Shroomette! Isn't it cute how she's... spreading spores?
testgif.gif

Very rough still, going to add a number of extra frames, two to the crouching probably and a few for while she's airborne and such. Also will have to make the spore glitter a little, maybe make some bigger ones.

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Now, I've got some more work done on the Black/White mage of the party, Ray.

First a very basic idea of what her spell casting animation will be like:

ezimba15600992263000.gif

However, as I was planning this out, I got some useful critique on her general design. So the above is really just a basic idea. More frames will be needed of course. Below, I have her new base sprite that I will be working off of:

1zpn0iq.png

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Ray is both a white mage and black mage. She specializes in single target spells. She is devoted to her religion. She is confident in battle, not being the type to hurt overs, but when she needs to, she can hold her own.
RayGif.gif

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
The famed mimic Vargas joins the team! A mysterious man with the ability to copy the moves of foes and allies! Here, he's performing his basic sword attack...

Or rather, the basic frames I'm planning. Going to need some inbetweens, and you know... details. Yet it's the basic plan so far.

VargasStill.png
ezimba15600912513700.gif

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Some more work complete. Not quite done yet, a frame or two are still needed I'm feeling, not sure how many yet though.

ezimba14859497686500.gif

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Took awhile, but I'm quite happy with the result.

Toadette-1.gif

Now, I've got some more work done on the Black/White mage of the party, Ray.

First a very basic idea of what her spell casting animation will be like:

ezimba15600992263000.gif

However, as I was planning this out, I got some useful critique on her general design. So the above is really just a basic idea. More frames will be needed of course. Below, I have her new base sprite that I will be working off of:

1zpn0iq.png

Really like these two. Shroomette's animation is great, so is Rays, but I especially love her design, you did a good job.

I miss the fakemon part of the thread, but its great to see you still doing sprite work, its cool to see the animations in progress.

I take it Super Pokemon World is gone? Or just on break?

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Both of those things are just on break. This RPG stuff is just what I've been leaning more towards. Fakemon has the issue that I'm in some planning stages. I'm thinking of dropping or switching some designs up, and I'm being overly picky. PokeWorld is just approaching a point where most of the things I can do are more tedious, so it's hard to get myself revved up for that. So nothing has been dropped or axed, the RPG I just feel like has a bit more of a priority (though with writing and coding to still be done, there is no need to rush).

You mentioning them does inspire me to maybe try doing a bit more them soon. Hopefully there can be an update soon.

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Well, I've gotten the gist of Vargas done now. A few detailing work needs to be done, but that can be for another time I'm thinking. However the frames and such should be good. I also have a flamey sword variant due to the request of the characters creator. Chances are, the flaming version will be for certain skills and not basic attacks, but who knows.

Vargas-1.gif

VargasFlame.gif

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Wow what great work. there's too many to name that I like bc they are all good in there own way. Got to love the Ganondorf one. Love Legend of Zelda. I would love if you could do a custom pokemon sprite for me based off of someone's work [who already agreed that I could do it] for my hack :D vm me if you could.

Back