• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Old Gyms? Let's Remodel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • So when Black 2 and White 2 came out, one of the prominent features that set them apart from the previous games was the new part of Unova that opened up, and the two gyms that came with it. But, once you reached the rest of Unova, there was only one new gym... and the rest were remodels! In the two years since BW, those gym leaders got busy, turning honey combs into cobwebs, rollercoasters into catwalks, and elevators into conveyor belts! But did they do a good enough job? What is your opinion on the new gyms, do you prefer them to the old ones? When considering this, think not only of the way it looked, but also of the gimmick that went with it. Do you think they could have done a better job with some? What's your favorite gym remodel, and your least favorite?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Most favorite remodel is definitely Elesa's although I was kinda fond of the rollercoaster gym. xD The catwalk gym was astounding and it was perfect for her. Least favorite would be Skyla's. It was difficult to travel through the turbines because you have to go QUICKLY before they blow you back to the starting point. >_<

Many of the gyms in BW2 were remodeled well. Some were easier to navigate now, while others like the one I mentioned are just...hard to go. lol

Sirfetch’d

Other than Elesa's gym which was simply perfect(I loved the catwalk because it was so fitting for her haha) I honestly preferred the older designs to the new ones. This may partly be due to the fact that I just like the original games so much more anyways and I want something else to complain about. I guess Burgh's gym was pretty nice too now that I think about it :D

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Honestly the remodels are all 500% better than the previous layouts for the gyms. Like, the old ones don't even compare.

The remodelling of Burgh's Gym is probably my top favorite remodel. The little rainbow dust floating everywhere, the pool of pain on the top floor, the soft, serene music combined with the super pretty silver and white silk platforms and cocoons. It's just perfect and beautiful. <3

Clay's gym was frustrating, but I definitely love his, as well. The music for it is SO Ground-type fitting plus it's perfect for his underground lair.

Years
  • Honestly the remodels are all 500% better than the previous layouts for the gyms. Like, the old ones don't even compare.

The remodelling of Burgh's Gym is probably my top favorite remodel. The little rainbow dust floating everywhere, the pool of pain on the top floor, the soft, serene music combined with the super pretty silver and white silk platforms and cocoons. It's just perfect and beautiful. <3

I definitely agree on your part there Dustin, I think Burgh's Gym got way better in B2/W2. The cocoon puzzle was kinda nice plus I loved the music. The old design with the honey wasn't really that awesome imo, I didn't like the idea of walking through honey walls.

Elesa's one comes close as well, the catwalk theme makes way more sense given she's a model and that music is just so awesome I tell you. I also loved the Dragon statues in Drayden's Gym, they looked slightly more better from the original one in B/W.

I guess this was why I enjoyed B2/W2 so much, the Gyms got way more cool-looking in this game.

Years
  • I personally enjoy harder gym patterns to get through, like the ice gym in second gen I think it was. So I guess what I'm getting at is I feel the harder they are to beat...the better, That's my two cents in on this conversation.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I simply adores Opelucid gym because I love the layout and ability to choose between OFFENSE or DEFENSE, ROTATION or TRIPLE BATTLE instead of just mix and match battles, and the dragon elevator are simply AMAZING than the first gym because BW doesn't look fierce and awesome as BW2

Years
  • I loved Drayden's Gym in this one. Those dragon statues are just so cool, especially when you get up to Drayden and they butt heads. (How ironic considering it was my least favorite in BW.)

Even better is that all the Gyms have their own music, which no other main series game has done yet.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Like most of you, my favorite would be Elesa's. Roller-coaster rides were definitely fun, but newer gym layout was simply astonishing. Along with that, I also liked Drayden's gym. It felt quite epic climbing up those big stairs on the dragon statue. Least favorite would probably have to be Clay's. d:

Super Bling

Clair pretty thick, huh?
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2014
    Hate all gyms

But Drayden's BW2 gym was definitely a throwback to Norman's in RSE.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • All in all, i think the remodels look and play better than the originals. Most of them feel like they have more work put into them, my favorite is probably the Castelia City Gym, which looks simply wonderful in BW2. One gym i liked less was Elsa´s: it did fit her well, it just felt more boring than the roller coaster

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
    Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 3, 2019
    I prefer the new gyms to the originals. Especially Burgh's. I feel like the remodels posed more of a challenge which I really really enjoyed. As well as them all getting their own music.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Sorry, you just missed the one month mark for no posting.

Closed due to dead thread revival.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back