• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Choose Your Own Adventure - Kanto Edition

Callandor

ughhh....
Years
  • Hey folks! This is my first try at a CYOA, so let's hope people like it. Okay, so here's the deal. The main character is a ten year old boy named Skye. Today is the day Skye gets to pick his first Pokemon from Professor Oak. He's one of three kids going to the Lab so they can start their own adventures. So let's get started!

You wake up and are immediatly filled with excitment. Today you get a Pokemon from Oldman Oak. You rush down stairs in your pajamas and devour breakfast so quick you almost choke on it. After breakfast you run back to your room to get dressed. You throw on all your best traveling clothes. You run back down stairs and almost out the front door, when your mother calls for you to stop. You look back to see her holding up a pair of running shoes and your backpack.

A few minutes later you make it to the Lab on your bike. Your a little out of breath, because you live on the oppsite side of Pallet Town. You catch your breath for a second, then knock on the door. A nervous looking aid opens the door. "Y-y-yes? Wh-wh-what do you want?" "My names Skye, and i'm here to get my first pokemon from Oldman Oak." The aid looks at a clipboard, then say's "Oh. Yes. Y-y-your the L-l-last one." The aid steps aside and let's you through. The moment you step through the door, you notice all manner of computer and tv screen covering the walls and most tables. You see a lot of aids, both male and female, walking around in lab coats and tending differents projects. Then you see something that fills you with excitment and apprehension at the same time. A table with three poke'balls on it. As you walk up to it, you notice two kids, about the same age as you, talking to an old man with gray hair wearing a lab coat.
    frlgemtr013.png
    frlgemtr147.png
    frlgemtr132.png

Both kids have a poke'ball in one hand and you wonder if you are too late. Just then Professor Oak notices you and says, "Ah! Skye. I'll be with you in a minute." So you wait while Professor Oak finishes with the other two. When he was done, he walked over to you and the table and said, "Well. First Pokemon eh? Well we got the usual three starter Pokemon, Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle." He sweeps his right hand over the three poke'balls. It's time to pick your fist Pokemon!

First choice, yay! Remember, three votes wins it. Now Choose!!!!!

pkfrlg004.png

-Charmander

pkfrlg001.png

-Bulbasaur

pkfrlg007.png

-Squirtle

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Charmander

Isn't Charmeleon just...precious?
    Charizard is beast man.

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
  • pkfrlg007.png

-Squirtle

You pick Squritle, the water starter. Professor Oak then gives you a lengthy speech about how to be a pokemon master. He then gives you a pokedex and five poke'balls and informs you of the mission he want's you to do while on your pokemon adventure. He tells you that while you are traveling you are to complete the pokedex by encontring at least one of every pokemon in the Kanto Region.

Afterwards you visit your mother one last time before leaving for Route 1. When you reach Route 1, you encounter the two kids from earlier at the lab.
    frlgemtr147.png
    frlgemtr013.png

"Hey!" says the girl. "My name is Zoey, and his name is Ryu, but he's not important. I on the other hand want to challange you to a Pokemon battle." You decide to accepct and throw out Squritle. "Go Pikachu!" she says.
    pkfrlg025.png

"Wait, What!?" you say taken aback. "That's not a normal starter." You soon recover though and start the battle.
    "Squritle. Tackle Attack!"
    "Pikachu. Dodge and then use Volt Tackle!"
    Wait, What!?! you think taken aback again. Zoey's Pikachu starts sparking and launches itself at Squritle, fainting it in one go. Pikachu didn't look to good either though. The attack caused it some major damage too. But you still lost the battle. Later, after you healed Squritle and and ask Professor Oak about the other two. He wouldn't tell you anything about them. Afterwards you make it back to Route 1 and finally get back to your adventure. It's late afternoon, you have enough time to do one thing before it gets dark. What shall you do?

-Catch Pidgey
    -Catch Rattata
    -Training session (Squritle goes up 5 levels)
    -Set up camp now

Sorry if it's kind of short, this is the third time I tried to get it up. My computer kept messing with me and I got fed up.

Team:
    Squritle Lv. 5 Attacks - Tackle, Tail Whip

Bag:
    Poke'ball x5

Box:
    N/A

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2015
    Training Session! (I normally wait until I get to the viridian forest to catch anything {pikachu} )

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
  • Sorry it took till the next day to get this up.

-Training Session

You decide to train Squritle for a while before setting up camp. The next morning, you decide to get an early start on the day. You head down Route 1 at a leisurely pace, trying to enjoy the scenery when you hear a comotion. As you get closer, you notice a bunch of guys dressed in leather, riding motercycles.
    frlgemtr091.png
    frlgemtr096.png
    frlgemtr091.png
    frlgemtr091.png

The bikers are riding circles around something. As you get even closer you see thats it's a pokemon.
    pkfrlgsh079.png

The pokemon looks really hurt, so you decide to step in. "Hey!" you yell at the bikers. "Step away from the pokemon!" The bikers stop and look at you. One steps forward, and says "Oh yeah? And what if we don't? What you plan on doing about it?" You pull Squritle's poke'ball off your belt. "HAHAHA! You want to fight me? Alright. Go Grimer!"
    Lv. 13
    pkfrlg088.png

Poison Gas, Pound, Sludge, Disable

"Go Squritle!" you call out. "Use Bubble!" Squritle opens it's mouth and a couple of small clear bubbles float out and pop against Grimer. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That was pathetic!" The biker and his pals laugh for a minute of two before coming to his sences. "Grimer. Use Slud-." The bikers look around for a second. You gone! And so is the Pokemon! While the bikers were laughing you snuck around past them and grabed the pokemon, and ran towards Viridian City. You got their a few minutes later with the pokemon inyour arms and ran into the poke'center. "You don't see anyone there so you call for help. A second later a nurse walks out of a back room and asks, "What's the matter?" You explain about the bikers and how the were tourtering the poor thing. The nurse take s the pokemon and tells you to come back in an hour. So you have an hour to do what ever you want in Viridian City. What shall you do?

-Visit the Gym
    -Check out the Poke'mart
    -Check out the huge crowd gathered in front of a large building
    -Wander off to route 22

Team:
    Spoiler:

Bag:
    Spoiler:

Box:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Weespotty

The girl of nature
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2011
    Crowd. Could be the department store opening. Maybe even team rocket.

Back