• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
^ Wow, that's awesome news! Mine is officially dead -- writing zeros didn't help with the bad sectors, as I figured, but it was worth a shot. Hopefully I can get a nice 4TB one around Christmas.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I'm also hoping to get a new MyBook – a 1.5 TB one at that. My mother is trying to get it for me before Christmas, and I've really been needing some external storage, so…

I never came close to filling up my 320 GB MyBook. I think the most I ever used was around 40 GB, and that was when I had tons of ROMs on it, with a couple gigabytes of pictures and videos too.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
My computer has a 500 GB hard drive and I've yet to go past the 200 GB mark. I just have so little and I use cloud storage to store my things. Because backing up is awesomeness, ya know? xD

I have a spare gift card that I might plan to use for an external drive...still thinking about it. haha.

TY

My laptop has 640GB and i used up half of it, most of it are games.
Im still planning to get a PC for personal reasons though.

Years
I've been pretty efficient with keeping my space rather low on my main desktop, which has a 500GB HDD.

Y'all should have seen my server though.. back in the beginning of April I had over 100GB of data on the machine alone, and the HDD only has 149 GB in it. That was partially because I was installing OS install on top of OS install back when it was my main desktop running XP. Then when I installed Server 2003 I kept the files until the OS install began to corrupt itself. So I wiped the OS clean of all files and now there's only 14.9 GB out of 149 GB in use.

As for my main desktop, I'm using 144 GB out of 456 GB.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Let's see haha... I've used about 200gb of my laptop's 698gb. My desktop gas a 320gb which is mostly empty, a 1.5tb that is almost full, and a 500gb which is about two thirds full.

I torrent a lot.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Even though I don't torrent, current-generation games tend to be really sizeable.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Oh, torrents? Lately I'm using torrents, but I think I need to check which torrent service don't ban, because it's one of my biggest concern even though I'm making sure to follow the 'seeding after finished downloading' part.

Last edited:
Years
Here I am to say that I don't really torrent :p but sometimes I'll occasionally torrent files if I know it's something I really want and torrenting is the only way possible.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm very careful about torrents myself. My dad's the one that torrents a lot but he's never careful. I have to supervise him on which torrents are infected and which ones are safe to use. He's downloaded viruses before without watching out which nearly killed all the computers I've used in the past...including this one.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I prefer keeping everything I use as clean as possible.

Thankfully, I almost never have to rely on torrents since I have other much easier means.

TY

I dont use torrents at all, im just too scared they will mess up my laptop xD

quilzel

net start w3svc
Years
All of this speaking of storage, and then I go and order a couple of 3TB WD Red drives for work. They are only $134, I think I am going to be ordering some of these for my self.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Torrenting is the best way to get paid software. Never mess around with trial versions ever again, for real. :D

Lately I've been marooned with my school laptop, forcing me to keep everything on two old flash drives (one 1 GB, the other 512 MB). I'm scraping for space!

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I pay for a vpn and I'm not an idiot that downloads virii and other malware. I love torrenting <3

Years
Everyone I talk to (including my brother) that knows me as the person I am is surprised that I don't ever torrent and I have never ideally known why.. I guess it's just my dislike of pirating, though I often don't care as well if others pirate.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I absolutely love pirating. It's one of my favorite hobbies tbqh xD I downloaded walking dead again because I didn't want to go back to my server and get it off there ~o~

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I think I'm in middle for now, sometimes I feel like pirating because I can find some softwares easily in pirate way, but sometimes I feel like I want to buy anything the original way, that's why I was striving to check if the laptop that I buy (that I'm currently using right now) contains the original Windows OS inside that time.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I download from online stores, so I don't really care about torrenting.

Also less of a hassle to go back and redownload even if you wipe out all history and downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back