• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Just two

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    So an interesting question here. Imagine if GF waited two extra years to release two games (so the original release in September 2012, basically, and March 2013 for the English versions) - Black, and White. These would have everything from B/W, with all B2/W2's features available, with the past generation Pokemon available past game. Would you rather have waited longer for something with everything included making the games released "the perfect games", or did you prefer how it worked out in the end? Do you think this would've been viable anyway? Share your thoughts!

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2014
    B/W would definitely be better if it had some of the new features from B2/W2 like PWt,Grottos, etc but i think B2/W2 would've been a bit bland as it is a sequel and you would expect to see some changes in two years imo and if B/W had past Gen pokemon available before E4 i think the whole 'start from a new beginning' theme would've been ruined.So i'd say they're the perfect the way they are.

Years
  • Even though B/W got my nod story-wise, it would have been nicer if it had like the Hidden Grottos, PWT and all those other fun B2/W2 locations but then again, B2/W2 would have not been expansive as a sequel, plus like Glitchguy said if B/W didn't have only Unova Pokemon prior to post-game it would have defeated the purpose of the "start from a new beginning" theme.

I'd say they were great the way they came out.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • I would've liked it better if it was a 3DS title. BW was the apex of Pokémon on the DS, but XY show they could do so much more on the 3DS... The Unova landscapes are beautiful, but I really don't think the DS does them justice.

So my answer is yes, I would've waited.

Years
  • While it would have been awesome to have all those mini-features in BW, I like how the games came out. Having a sequel to the original games was a good idea, in my opinion. It helped build upon the "new" era of pokemon (if that makes sense, what I mean is like completely new mons etc) and really tied up Unova. With the sequel games we got to see where things and people that we left off in BW went. If BW were combined with the mini features and released as that instead, the we'd miss out on all that awesome info. Plus, we'd miss out on B2W2 exclusive locations, which I thought were pretty awesome. (Marine Tube for instance) And if we had to wait until 2013, it would have been 6 years since a main series pokemon game. Not cool.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    I actually count the inclusion of past pokemon in BW2 as a point against it, and in favor of BW, so no. I'm glad they released them as they did. There are a couple of little gameplay details that I wouldn't have minded seeing in BW, like the automatic option to use another repel or the different options for auto-sorting the bag or such, but they're not that big a deal. And I think that the whole new region with an entirely new dex in BW was one of the best things GF has done in years, and it would've been a shame to pass that up. I like them all, just the way they are.

Sirfetch’d

Yeah I like the games being separated and if I had to wait 2 more years for Black and White I may have quit Pokemon. Also 2 adventures are better than one.

Pinta77

I think Game Freak has us figured out. They know we will buy any game with the name "Pokemon" stamped on it, so they made B/W and B2/W2. I think B/W and B2/W2 are both good games, but they are just a bit too similar. Even the main characters look suspiciously similar to the ones from B/W. But I'm happy with the way it played out.

The only thing that irritated me (and this has been happening since gen 3) is when you cant have certain forms of a pokemon on older games in the same gen. They should plan out the forms at the beggening of a new generation.

But I'm happy with the way gen V turned out. It's a very unique generation.

Back