• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: PokeBall World

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
  • Pokémon: PokéBall World

Rom Information:
    Author: 雷影 イチロ(Ichiro)/Silver
    Hack Base: FireRed [BPRE]
    Language: English

Storyline:
    One of the greatest mysteries of the Pokémon world is one that has remained unknown for many years. It hides beneath our noses and yet we do nothing to question it.

The humble PokéBall, created to encapsulate monsters known as Pokémon for storage in order to use later. What we don't know is what goes on inside the humble PokéBall, yet many simply shrug, saying that the Pokémon merely relax.
    This is not the case.

Unbeknownst to trainers a world exists within the humble PokéBall; a world not so different from ours yet not so similar. Here Pokémon roam freely in a world only they can access and that only they rule. In this world they are not used to fight or captured for research, they are free to do what they please. This also includes taming of creatures; creatures known as Sapiens.

Play as Pikachu as you travel through the mystical PokéBall World, discovering and journeying to lands not often tread. Capture and battle with Sapiens; fight your way to the top.

The world is not as it seems.
    So what are you waiting for, interested?

Features:
    >Play as 'Pikachu'.
    >A new region within the Pokeball.
    >151-ish Sapiens to catch.
    >An adventure

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Credits:
    Lu-Ho : Advance Map
    HackMew : Xtreme Script Editor
    >Overworld Editor - Rebirth Edition
    destinedjagold : Pikachu Sprite
    Dragoon : HGSS OW Sprites

Progress:
    (Map: Mapping / Scripting)
    Starter Town: 100% / 20%
    Route One: 100% / 0%
    First City: 100% / 0%

Downloads:
    coming soon.

Geno9213

Geno is awesome!
    Years
  • This seems interesting. One thing though; is there anything different about these "sapiens?" It seems to just be a normal Pokemon game just with different Trainers (The Pokemon) and Pokemon. (The sapiens)

sigeru

Graphic artist(wannabe)
    Years
  • um.... I am quite certain the Pokeball doesn't lead to a new dimension.
    If you watch the anime and the manga the pokemon's are just minimised.(sorry if i'm wrong)
    But who cares, I really love the idea, very original.
    However Pikachu isn't very original. All seasons of the anime have it.... there is a offical game (yellow version)...
    there are few great hacks like 'Pokemon Ash gray version, Pokemon rescue rangers' which has it.
    My point is there are way to much pikachus!!

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • This seems interesting. One thing though; is there anything different about these "sapiens?" It seems to just be a normal Pokemon game just with different Trainers (The Pokemon) and Pokemon. (The sapiens)

Other than the fact that they are human in appearance? no. The idea behind the game is the role reversal of Pokemon and Humans, how the Pokemon are in charge as trainers. I know it unoriginally follows the Pokemon storyline, but this is only a start.

um.... I am quite certain the Pokeball doesn't lead to a new dimension.
    If you watch the anime and the manga the pokemon's are just minimised.(sorry if i'm wrong)
    But who cares, I really love the idea, very original.
    However Pikachu isn't very original. All seasons of the anime have it.... there is a offical game (yellow version)...
    there are few great hacks like 'Pokemon Ash gray version, Pokemon rescue rangers' which has it.
    My point is there are way to much pikachus!!

I know that the Anime and Manga show then to just minimised, and that the pokeball doesn't lead to another dimension, but this is just a take on it, it was my own idea to have the role reversal, bring something new into pokemon hacking.
    I'm not too sure about why I chose Pikachu, but it is only there as a preliminary sprite, It is subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I love the sounds of this hack :)
    I would say look :/ But i cant see the screens :(

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen today
    Interesting use of the Pikachu sprite from DJG. I assume that you were allowed to use it, as in asked, because you credited him, so good on you for that.

Err... Interesting concept, and I wish you luck. Would have been better with a completely custom sprite in my opinion, but still, it looks interesting. Hope that the next load of screenshots will show more than maps, for example scripting.

Ocarion

I'm just playing hacks
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2015
    I'm really excited about this hack. It sounds interesting. As Sigeru did point out Pikachu isn't very original. I like Ralts because they eventaully become Gallades, but I don't know how open anyone will be towards that. I also like Riolu because of Lucario. Those are just suggestions. Do what you want with them.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • He doesn't need to give destinedjagold credit because that sprite was ripped from Mystery Dungeon. (link) I'm not quite sure why he did. :\

I credited destinedjagold, because I was initially told it was his sprite. But other than that I got the sprite off him (pretty much) hence the credit.

Like I said before, the Pikachu Sprite is the one I'm using as a preliminary sprite, so it can and most likely will be changed. and Thanks Ocarion for the suggestions.

Next load of screenshots will feature scripting, but my scripting at the moment only consists of script editting and currently I am working on inserting other PMD sprites into the game.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Why are the screens not appearing?

Hmm, it lets me see them, and others.
    The only thing I can think of is that it is:
    1) your web browser
    or 2) I'll need to upload them to Pokecommunity.

Currently they are on PHO so I'm guessing it might not like that, I'll sort this issue out as soon as I can.

Years
  • I like the idea pretty creative. Also i reckon instead of Pikachu choose something well known but original. Also i'm not a fan of the anime(very much) but that is actually a good take on the idea of the Pokeball :)

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Okay, I am having a rough time with the OW Sprites and choosing a Pokemon Hero Sprite.

Since it is you who will be playing my hack, which of the original (ie 150) Pokemon that are either basic or second form would you like to play as?
    Legendaries are a no go.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I... don't seem to see the screenshots, so I dunno that much. =/

But the story sounds interesting, playing as a Pokemon in the PokeBall world. :D But I dunno the main story of the hack; is there an evil team, is it a mystery-dungeon based hack, etc. Except I might be wrong since I dunno what you mean by Sapiens.

This hack... seems kind of mysterious but a little interesting at the same time. Good luck.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • I... don't seem to see the screenshots, so I dunno that much. =/

But the story sounds interesting, playing as a Pokemon in the PokeBall world. :D But I dunno the main story of the hack; is there an evil team, is it a mystery-dungeon based hack, etc. Except I might be wrong since I dunno what you mean by Sapiens.

This hack... seems kind of mysterious but a little interesting at the same time. Good luck.

This Screenshot thing is bugging me, I'm slowly in the process of fixing it.
    Sapiens comes from Homosapiens, ie; Human Beings. For now, the main story of the hack is based around the typical Pokemon storyline, just with reversed roles.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    hey, been a while, and your hacks are still great! at first i wasn't going to look at this hack, but then i saw it was you, and now i'm glad i did. sadly i can't see the screenshots. as for what pokemon, i think eevee. pikachu is too common, but eevee is well known, and original.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    The concept is very interesting. Although reverse role Pokémon games are nothing new (I seem to remember a couple of Red hacks with similar concepts) this one seems to have been thought-through, with an actual plot.

btw, if you're having trouble with the screens (I can't see them either), try imageshack.us, and then use the Direct Link field to copy and paste the image link into the picture button on the forums. That always works for me. :)

Back