• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Koch Brothers.

Years
I was wondering what do people here think of David and Charles Koch?? I do know they are the main Billionaires that are funding the so called "Grass Roots" Tea Party movement, As well are one of the wealthiest people in America. But also there have been much speculation about these two men buying their way into congress and using their excess billions to influence Politicians. I would like to know if what they are doing is "Patriotic" or criminal??

Years
That's up to you, really. What's patriotic to you? What's criminal?

Personally, I think they're just using the American system to its full potential. Nah, I'm not a fan.

Years
I'd say they are abusing the faults in the political system to their full advantage. It's people like them who demonstrate why there shouldn't be money in elections. People with more money have more power to persuade our representatives or promote their preferred candidates unfairly.

Silais

That useless reptile
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Congress and the government is so riddled with corruption that it is nearly impossible to trace that corruption back to a specific person or group. As someone raised in a strictly republican/conservative household, I have found the republican party and the GOP to be some of the most selfish, inconsiderate and childish men and women I have ever seen or spoken to.

Years
Congress and the government is so riddled with corruption that it is nearly impossible to trace that corruption back to a specific person or group. As someone raised in a strictly republican/conservative household, I have found the republican party and the GOP to be some of the most selfish, inconsiderate and childish men and women I have ever seen or spoken to.
I feel that you are right it is nearly impossible to trace all that but with all the research that is coming up it always leads back to these two individuals,

Yes I do know there are other's involved as well. I agree with the Majority of GOP and Republican Party to be selfish,inconsiderate and childish, not to mention inconsistent with their sources as well. What I find funny about most of the followers and supporters of The GOP they seem to be for the constitution. yet for only their belief's not others.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2017
ive never heard of these people...

meh, someone should change their hearts and make them decide to try and help America.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
The problem with political parties... OKAY there are far too many problems, so the problem with them RIGHT NOW is that they existed as groups which various people in the nation COULD fit into depending on issues at the time and the basic properties for EACH party - right now being the Republicans and Democrats - is that they NO LONGER represent what they did originally, nor the people they were meant to, nor are they even opposites anymore. They're just babies throwing temper tantrums.

Democrats were meant to be mid-left wing so that they could represent the left wing as a whole. Now they are low-left wing mid-right wing with no experts for either side. Republicans were supposed to be mid-right wing, for the same reasons, but now they're far-right wing and low-left wing.

In other words, we don't even have any proper left-wing people in office, and the right-wing people in office have too much stuck up their behinds to help each other fix the nation.

The tea party is...well, far right and far left, it just depends on what parts of those you choose from. They're max radical on both wings, which causes the wings to rip off of the body, slowing causing the nation to bleed to death.

Years
Funny how a Conservative-led court/House scales back campaign finance laws just in time for several hundred million to just up and find its way to GOP candidates all across the country.... GEE I WONDER

Don't like the amount of outside money permeating all our elections? Blame them.

Back