• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Pokemon World Tournament!

Years
  • The Pokemon World Tournament (PWT for short) was a new feature to BW2 where you took part in an eight-person single elimination tournament. There were various tourneys you could compete in, and you could even go up against Gym Leaders and Champions from other regions! You were also required to take part in the Driftveil Tournament after beating Clay.

Anyway, required participation aside, did you take part in the PWT? Did you like it or hate it? Which type of tournament did you like most? Which did you like least? If you could change anything about it, what would you change? Any interesting stories to share?

xX Untouchable Xx

Everything Is Awesome!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2016
    It was a great idea. I liked it. They should have something similar to that in coming games.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I liked it simply because you got the chance to battle almost all the Gym Leaders and Champions in the games, as much as you like. Who wouldn't wanna do that? Especially cuz I like to battle

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I loved the PWT, but was slightly disappointed that you couldn't battle them 6 on 6. I think it would have been a lot more epic and fun, but whatever, it was still pretty cool in the end :) I also really liked how they included the real life tournament winners in the game. Were they expecting that?

Braxien

Banned
    Years
  • It was an interesting feature which I thoroughly enjoyed. I hope that it is implemented into future Pokémon games.

Mega Venusaur

Muncher
    Years
  • The Pokémon World Tournament was an exceptional feature to the game which gives us the opportunity to battle Gym Leaders, Elite 4 members and Rivals from previous regions in a Tournament. If you lose, it urges you to become better and more experienced so that you can come back and defeat them. If it were to be implemented to Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, that would be fantastic.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2021
    The Pokemon World Tournament was one of the best thing about B2 and W2 because for me it brought back some of my past in red and blue battling the kanto gym leaders and also battling the champions from the other regions this was one of the reasons I loved B2 and W2 and was one it for hours i wish the had this for X and Y but hopefully it could be in ORAS

Years
  • I myself also quite enjoyed the Pokémon World Tournament. The Gym Leader and Champion cameos were quite nice, especially considering some of them we may not see again for a long time. I love playing on Triple Battles, especially, those are super enjoyable. And I do like most of the remixed music that was thrown in (some I didn't like as much as others, but they were a nice throwback). The Type Masters made it more of a challenge considering it was type vs its mirror, i've made my way through all of them and sometimes you really need good strategy or coverage to take on certain types. The rental tournaments I came to like too, much like the Battle Factory in the frontiers.

However, it's not perfect - they could have had better teams with stronger Pokémon, and maybe better dialogue than most of it being rehashed from the previous games, although I do like what most of them had originally. And some of the dialogue they present when you lose is kinda rude (like Drayden's).

So while it's not without its flaws, I definitely like the PWT and would love for a similar thing to come in the future.

Back