• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cursed 3DS wont trade

Tea_with_Kyary

Kabocha Hime
Years
  • well, i was told to post my question in here...so here i am!
    lol.
    WEll, problem is...i have had loads of trouble trying to trade directly with people ive added to my friendlist. GTS works fine, as does other online features. but i just cant trade. i get error code...oh darn, i forgot...starts with an 8. but yeah...ive heard from TWO people now, that the 3DS will do this, give you problems trying to trade. one person said its something to do with the...er...security type of your internet...
    ugh...im really bad with computers, btw, beyond the basics...so if you need any more info to help, please ask ok.
    and....PLEASE anyone who has any idea help me out, k? This is SO frustrating!!

oh, im using pokemon white 2. if...thats relevant here :)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • I'm going to bet that the code you encountered was 86420, but don't hold me to it.
    I am what I would consider fairly tech savvy and to resolve this issue, the best thing you can do is contact nintendo support over the phone. What they'll do is originally have an agent try to assist you and if the problem is outside of general technical support like my problem was, you will be escalated to a higher level technician.

What this technician will be able to do is connect you to software that will allow him temporary access to your computer, and he may be able to make adjustments to your router that are possibly blocking your trade abilities.

Give this a shot and I'd like to hear if everything worked out okay.

PS - I'm aware saying call technical support isn't a resolution directly, but I assure you that Nintendo has excellent tech support compared to many other companies that handle electronics I've dealt with.

Last edited:

Tea_with_Kyary

Kabocha Hime
    Years
  • thank you so much :) and its ok if it wasnt direct help. its good to know that nintendo has helpful service like that, cuz i wasnt even gonna bother calling. cuz everywhere i TRY to get tech support i really dont think they know what the heck they're doing -_-
    and yeah, i think that was the error code. lol, i just cant quite remember.
    ill let you know if i can resolve it :)

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • I second what RxErick recommended. I had the same issue you're dealing with where I wasn't able to connect to any of my Pokémon games due to Wifi errors I was receiving. For me, the problem was that I had the wrong security type set for my router, which I know you mentioned might be the issue in your first post, so that's probably what you have to switch around. Nintendo has really great technical support, and if their first tier support can't help you, then they'll transfer you over to their advanced support, like RxErick said. I've called them twice before for connection issues involving both my 3DS and Wii U, and they've helped me solve all the problems I had both times. Here's the page with all of their support numbers on it. I really suggest calling them instead of trying to change your router settings yourself, because when I did it, it was an intricate process, and hadn't someone been on the phone guiding me through it all, I probably would have easily messed up.

Hope everything gets fixed! Good luck. :] Let us know how it went!

Back