• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pestering Captcha

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Every time I hit "preview message" (and I do that a lot, especially when I'm writing a CSS code), make a new post or "go advanced" with it, I get this pestering Captcha which asks me to prove I'm a human, repeatedly. I've tried clearing my cache, logging out to get rid of any cookies, but no luck. This has been going on for two months or so and it's finally time to speak up, because I'm now flustered to the point of closing my browser and stopping my work over this.

Spoiler:

"What can I do to prevent this in the future?"

"If you are on a personal connection, like at home, you can run an anti-virus scan on your device to make sure it is not infected with malware."

I have already done that, even though my computer is perfectly fine. Also, I'm not the only one experiencing this issue, I know a few people who keep having this popping up to them as well.

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    I think it has to do with the large ammount of CSS, I get it all the time and I am at the point now where I just leave a comment saying stop it with lots of swear words in it.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • I thought they have resolve this problem.
    But when I was updating my signature using css code. It links me to that
    site whenever I press preview, update signature. Even in posting in thread :/

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    It might be a problem specific to your computer, then. But then again, it's happening to me again so that proves it's got to do with Cloudflare's stupid code alert problem. Rukario said that it was being fixed so we have to deal with it for now... the hard way. What I can suggest for you to do is to test your signature on another vBulletin supported forum that handles these type of BBCodes. That's the only way for me, or else I have to type the code every time I hit preview. Happens to everybody.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • It's gotta be the CSS codes. I haven't had any trouble with this in the longest time. I used to when I had a CSS code in my signature though. Believe me, I change my signature everyday, and not once have I had this issue.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • it is likely the css code.. (or if you're just doing a one-line reply preview, its your ISP / IP range CF is triggering on) tripping CF's CSS (cross site scripting), SQL injection, or exploit scanners. Remember, css bbcodes are not standard, they are a custom feature PC has set up for you, our users.

Did some fine tuning to CF settings again.. lets see what this will bring.

Back