• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Fire Emblem (un)Promoted Units Challenge!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Fire Emblem - (un)Promoted Units Challenge Event

fire-emblem-shadow-dragon-art.jpg

falchion.png
    Introduction

The answer lies... in the heart of battle.

Hi there, and welcome to the Fire Emblem (un)Promoted Units Challenge, run by me, Dragon! In this challenge, as it's name suggests, you're challenged to playthrough any Fire Emblem game without promoted units. This means that you can't use pre-promoted units, or use any items that will promote your units to any promoted class whatsoever.​

falchion.png
    Rules

• The final day to post all logs and progress is September 7th, (or about a month from now) which is when the event will end!
    • Please don't use any cheat devices or codes. D:
    • If you want to join, refer to the Sign-Up Section below!
    • Feel free to use emulators if you wish - you don't have to play these games on a normal handheld or console!
    • Try to jot down your progress in this thread - just to see that you're at least attempting it, if its a little tough to beat.
    • Got any other questions? Feel free to ask in this thread!

falchion.png
    Restrictions & Legitbility

Below is a list of games that you can play during this challenge, but, there are a few things you should know about in this challenge, which I'll list the games and put the concerns beside them in brackets:

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragons and the Blade of Light
    Fire Emblem Gaiden
    Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem
    Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War - (In the first arc, you're only stuck with using pre-promoted units, so, you can technically start this run with the second arc)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776
    Fire Emblem: Binding Blade - (The Lord automatically becomes promoted in this, so, watch out for that)
    Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword
    Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones - (You can choose whether or not to promote the Lords)
    Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
    Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem ~Heroes of Light and Shadow~
    Fire Emblem: Awakening

So, you may have noticed that I didn't put the ones for gamecube - Radiant Dawn and Path of Radience. In those games, the units are promoted automatically, so, it's pretty much going to be hell to keep track of your unit's levels, and.. not die. XD Sorry for any inconvenience from this!​

falchion.png
    Prizes

Aw, but, what's a little event-challenge without prizes in store?:

SO6h86t.gif
    N4IMyZl.gif

falchion.png
    Sign-Up Sheet

If you want to participate, fill out this SUS below!

Username:
    Game:

For example:
    Username: Dragon
    Game: Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones

falchion.png
    Challengers

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Okay yeah sounds like a good time. I've been thinking about playing Sacred Stones again lately anyways.

Username: O'aka XXIII

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Okay yeah sounds like a good time. I've been thinking about playing Sacred Stones again lately anyways.

Username: O'aka XXIII

Yeah, you and me both - been wanting to try this run with that game too. C:

Anywho, added you on here!

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • If I recall correctly, for the Japanese version of Radiant Dawn a Master Seal is needed to go from 2nd Tier to 3rd Tier, so technically you can do an unpromoted run.

I'm all for the challenge though.

Username: Arc
    Game: Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem and Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • If I recall correctly, for the Japanese version of Radiant Dawn a Master Seal is needed to go from 2nd Tier to 3rd Tier, so technically you can do an unpromoted run.

I'm all for the challenge though.

Username: Arc
    Game: Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem and Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Oh okay; well, I guess that's also fine!

I'll add that in, and I'll add you in too! Hope you enjoy. C:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Will I be allowed to promote my recruits into an actual basic class on sacred stones or should I just plan to not use them?

Yukari

I'll try this one! I didn't finish the Zelda Three Hearts Challenge because I couldn't get past that God-Forsaken second dungeon. ;~;

Username:
    Orpheus
    Game: Fire Emblem

Years
  • Omg i love the Fire Emblem games (the 2 that i played anyway)!
    And you could promote your units? I was never aware of that xD

Username: Roaming Murkrow
    Game: Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I've made it about halfway. I'm stuck trying to decide which way to go because I'll get more pre promoted units down Ephraim's path but it's also harder and then Eirika is just Eirika.

Euphoric

Indefatigable
    Years
  • I can't do this unfortunately because I don't have enough time rn ( :( ) but someone should totally do Thracia 776.

Yukari

Alright. I marathoned Fire Emblem until I reached the 7th chapter. Then I took a break. I only had trouble with chapter 3, other then that it's been pretty easy.

Oh yeah, I also forgot to take any screenshots. I'll be sure to take some next time. :3

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years
  • Ah, this sounds fun and incredibly difficult! It's been a while since I've played Blazing Sword, but I'll go with that one. No guarantees I'll finish, though.

Username: waveguidebuizel
    Game: Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Well I got to the part where I chose not to promote the lords, so far I've only lost Neimi because of a stupid decision. But nobody likes archers anyways.

Yukari

Well... I suddenly remembered that in Chapter 9 You are forced to promote Wallace. :L But also speaking of chapter 9 it's really hard for me do beat it without losing a unit. So I just gave up trying and lost my healer and thief. I lost count of how many times I restarted that mission because I wanted to keep Florina. Sain has also proved to be my best unit since he's around level 12 now. I've seriously been able to beat every boss up to this point using him alone.

Other then that I've been doing very well.

USC Yuuka

The USC
    Years
  • Ooh yay! I've been looking for a reason to play Awakening again. I got it a week after Pokemon X and, after beating it, I didn't feel motivated to do it again... uwu

Username: USC Yuuka
    Game: Fire Emblem: Awakening

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years
  • Well... I suddenly remembered that in Chapter 9 You are forced to promote Wallace. :L

You don't have to use the Knight Crest if you play hard mode, if I remember it right. But hard mode for this challenge? Probably not worth it. :P

I also redid Chapter 9, though it was because I forgot the boss had a Hand Axe until it was too late, and I didn't want to lose Erk. And stupidly, I forgot to save after Chapter 10, so I had to do that over (and after I had Lundgren break his Javelin the first time too D:). Anyways, I'm currently on Chapter 13x (the one where you have to protect Merlinus). Speaking of Merlinus, is he affected by the rules? We can't use him anymore if he promotes, right?

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years
  • Got to Chapter 16x, where... I lost Hector (resulting in a Game Over). >_< Stupid arena with their Silver Sword myrmidons... Gah, had some really good level ups too.

Back